ECT How can there be a another Gospel based on Gal. 1:22 ? The faith Paul once destroy ?

God's Truth

My attempt was only to discuss with you the purpose and differing economies of the Law, and the way sinners respond to it.

The ceremonial laws pointed to Jesus Christ.

The letter of the Law was totally fulfilled by Jesus Christ.

The spirit of the Law has always been the promise of grace and salvation of Jesus Christ.

The spirit of the law encourages holy living in Jesus Christ.

These same truths were revealed in the garden to A&E.

You are contentious.

You come off echoing what I say, but distancing yourself because I am not a follower of your false teacher John Calvin.

dodge

You are contentious.

You come off echoing what I say, but distancing yourself because I am not a follower of your false teacher John Calvin.

Coming from you calling anyone "contentious" only proves you NEVER examine yourself and your own contentiousness.

God's Truth

Coming from you calling anyone "contentious" only proves you NEVER examine yourself and your own contentiousness.

Oh be quiet contentious man. You don't like me because you have a better chance at hammering at the madists.

You are worse off then they are.

dodge

Oh be quiet contentious man. You don't like me because you have a better chance at hammering at the madists.

You are worse off then they are.

I do not dislike you I do not know you. I do dislike your " look at me I am Holy" attitude and your contentiousness with pretty much EVERYONE.

DAN P

What's wrong with you? Do you know that Gentiles were without God because they did not do those things?

Just answer the question.

What were the ethnicity of those in the desert? lol

Answer the question, tell me, why were the Gentiles without God?

Just answer and the truth might come to you.

Hi and , because of Rom 1:21 - 32 God gave up the GENTILES !!

Also pointed out in Eph 2:11-12 !! BUT you are struck IN the RED LETTER EDITION and are a BABE and 1 Cor 3:2 describes you to a " T " !!!

dan p

God's Truth

Hi and , because of Rom 1:21 - 32 God gave up the GENTILES !!

Also pointed out in Eph 2:11-12 !! BUT you are struck IN the RED LETTER EDITION and are a BABE and 1 Cor 3:2 describes you to a " T " !!!

dan p

You are everything that you just said about me.

You are in your own little world, you are confident in your confusion.

dodge

So you are like Cain then? You are a jealous brother? You are a false accuser.

Do not flatter yourself UN-like you I know salvation cannot be earned ( Ephesians 2:8-9 ) ! You are just another Pharisee trying your best to place folks under the law,which cannot save anyone, which you depend on for salvation,sadly.

God's Truth

Do not flatter yourself UN-like you I know salvation cannot be earned ( Ephesians 2:8-9 ) !

Paul is speaking about the purification/ceremonial works!

Working at purifying oneself was a WORK, but it is NO LONGER THE WORK that saves.

You are just another Pharisee

The Pharisees did NOT OBEY JESUS!

Don't you have any idea what you are saying?

Do you just say things to hurt others?

This is what Jesus says about the Pharisees: Matthew 23:3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

I preach what Jesus says to do, and then I make sure, as Paul does. What does Paul do? He beats his body to make it a slave so he is not disqualified.

The Pharisees did not repent of their sins.

I preach repenting of sins.

So tell me how I am like a Pharisee?

trying your best to place folks under the law,which cannot save anyone, which you depend on for salvation,sadly.

You need to prove I do that. Prove it that I do that now, or apologize.

Prove it that I preach an old law of circumcision of the flesh and observance of special days.

I preach believe and repent of sins.

Why does anyone hate that?

If anyone does repent of sins, and then make mistakes while training themselves, then we can be forgiven.

Why is that wrong?

I have scriptures that say those very things.

dodge

Paul is speaking about the purification/ceremonial works!

Working at purifying oneself was a WORK, but it is NO LONGER THE WORK that saves.

The Pharisees did NOT OBEY JESUS!

Don't you have any idea what you are saying?

Do you just say things to hurt others?

This is what Jesus says about the Pharisees: Matthew 23:3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

I preach what Jesus says to do, and then I make sure, as Paul does. What does Paul do? He beats his body to make it a slave so he is not disqualified.

The Pharisees did not repent of their sins.

I preach repenting of sins.

So tell me how I am like a Pharisee?

You need to prove I do that. Prove it that I do that now, or apologize.

Prove it that I preach an old law of circumcision of the flesh and observance of special days.

I preach believe and repent of sins.

Why does anyone hate that?

If anyone does repent of sins, and then make mistakes while training themselves, then we can be forgiven.

Why is that wrong?

I have scriptures that say those very things.

I have been telling folks to repent since 1978 do not confuse me with believing repentance is only for Israel I do not.

Scripture is perfectly clear NO ONE can earn their salvation if they could then Jesus died for absolutely nothing.

Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph 2:9
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

And Paul did NOT specify ceremonial works it is NO WORK can justify anyone before God because ALL are sinners saved by grace.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul did not preach another Gospel. He preached the Gospel that was given Him by revelation from Jesus Christ;

Galatians 1:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

How could his gospel be different unless Jesus gave Paul a different gospel from that which He preached?

dodge

Paul did not preach another Gospel. He preached the Gospel that was given Him by revelation from Jesus Christ;

Galatians 1:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

How could his gospel be different unless Jesus gave Paul a different gospel from that which He preached?

Peter preached the same gospel of grace so ANYONE that preached the grace gospel ALL received it from Jesus as scripture says.

Interplanner

Unfortunately I saw a post by STP and he is still taking the same drugs: "Made up" and "from a commentary."

My experience here at TOL with this club of D'ists is not made up. You routinely 'keep' plain meaning if it is D'ist; you routinely leave the plain meaning if it is not. 1000x.

As for from a commentary: there are D'ist commentaries out there yes. My comment that you follow Israel instead of Christ are in some commentaries, yes. There are D'ist commentaries out there that don't even know this is the issue. They are very misleading. The question is not whether it is in a commentary, but whether it is truth.

STP's routine "answers" enable him not to think about what he is saying, which is why I have him on ignore for 3 months now.

glorydaz

It was a work. Go think about it some more.

GOD SAYS, not glorydaze says. God says, not madists say...

God says to clean yourself for the forgiveness of sins and so that He will be your Father.

That. is. a. work.

The people. had to. WORK. at. cleaning. THEMSELVES.

Are you really that trapped, or is there something in you that might want God's Truth more than your choice ah ha I like that teaching?

What God's UNtruth says compared to what God says..... She is blinded to what is clearly written.

She preaches DEBT not GRACE.

Romans 4:1-2
What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.​

Romans 4:3-5
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

Interplanner

What God's UNtruth says compared to what God says..... She is blinded to what is clearly written.

She preaches DEBT not GRACE.

Romans 4:1-2
What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.​

Romans 4:3-5
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

That debt there is what Christ deserves from God. We can earn enough to pay off our own. For the same reason, we can say we are saved by works--Christ's, not ours.

Danoh

Unfortunately I saw a post by STP and he is still taking the same drugs: "Made up" and "from a commentary."

My experience here at TOL with this club of D'ists is not made up. You routinely 'keep' plain meaning if it is D'ist; you routinely leave the plain meaning if it is not. 1000x.

As for from a commentary: there are D'ist commentaries out there yes. My comment that you follow Israel instead of Christ are in some commentaries, yes. There are D'ist commentaries out there that don't even know this is the issue. They are very misleading. The question is not whether it is in a commentary, but whether it is truth.

STP's routine "answers" enable him not to think about what he is saying, which is why I have him on ignore for 3 months now.

And yet you keep bringing the brother up.

I suspect your "ignore" option is broken :chuckle:

glorydaz

That debt there is what Christ deserves from God. We can earn enough to pay off our own. For the same reason, we can say we are saved by works--Christ's, not ours.

What? No, the debt is no more than we owe for being alive.

Christ "deserves from God".....I've never seen anything to support that idea. Share if it's there.

Interplanner

What? No, the debt is no more than we owe for being alive.

Christ "deserves from God".....I've never seen anything to support that idea. Share if it's there.

We would not be able to pay if put on a debt basis with God. But Christ took on being in debt and was able to pay. God was in Christ settling man's debt of sin, 2 Cor 5.

Ps 2, 16, 110
Christ is honored by God for what he accomplished for us in the Gospel. The resurrection is the enthronement. The resurrection is God raising him because he was the Holy One through a human life on their behalf.

Phil 2
Because of all that he had done God bestows on him a name above every name that every knee shall bow to.

Eph 1
God raised him up and raised us up in him, in that power. God's approval of Christ for what he did for sinners is what empowers us to live for him.

Rom 4:25
He was raised because we were now justified.

glorydaz

We would not be able to pay if put on a debt basis with God. But Christ took on being in debt and was able to pay. God was in Christ settling man's debt of sin, 2 Cor 5.

Ps 2, 16, 110
Christ is honored by God for what he accomplished for us in the Gospel. The resurrection is the enthronement. The resurrection is God raising him because he was the Holy One through a human life on their behalf.

Phil 2
Because of all that he had done God bestows on him a name above every name that every knee shall bow to.

Eph 1
God raised him up and raised us up in him, in that power. God's approval of Christ for what he did for sinners is what empowers us to live for him.

Rom 4:25
He was raised because we were now justified.

I don't believe the debt in Romans is speaking of our sin debt...the wages of which would be death. There would be no "glorying" in what we did if that was the case. It's the debt we owe to our Creator for giving us our being.

Luke 17:7-10 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink. Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

There are a lot of people that claim their work is somehow a payment for their sins...or a partial payment. I think this verse in Romans 4 is showing that not only untrue, it not even in the same class.