ECT How can there be a another Gospel based on Gal. 1:22 ? The faith Paul once destroy ?

dodge

My point was that you clearly did NOT even read the post that you were commenting on.

The "Covenant of Grace" is made-up nonsense. It is a FALSEHOOD, otherwise known as a LIE.

MY point is that YOU cannot "see" the truth. You run around challenging everyone that is trying to help you out of the hole you are in and all you do is take your little shovel and dig yourself in deeper.

Right Divider

Body part
MY point is that YOU cannot "see" the truth. You run around challenging everyone that is trying to help you out of the hole you are in and all you do is take your little shovel and dig yourself in deeper.
Nah, you're wrong again. At least you're consistent.

dodge

Nah, you're wrong again. At least you're consistent.

No one has actually answered the OP ! They have diverted, destroyed the context, avoided, and failed at just accepting the scripture for what it actually says.

Gal 1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
Gal 1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

The "he" in 1:23 is Paul who taught the "SAME FAITH" he once sought to destroy.

Right Divider

Body part
No one has actually answered the OP ! They have diverted, destroyed the context, avoided, and failed at just accepting the scripture for what it actually says.

Gal 1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
Gal 1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

The "he" in 1:23 is Paul who taught the "SAME FAITH" he once sought to destroy.
I explained this to you before but you REFUSE to listen to anything but YOUR OWN inane babbling.

That was NOT the ONLY thing that Paul PREACHED.

So simple, but in your self-deception you cannot understand it.

Interplanner

I explain this to you before but you REFUSE to listen to anything but YOUR OWN inane babbling.

the 'plain meaning' is that it was the one Gospel. But you D'ists' only go by the plain meaning if it supports D'ism, such as at your version of 'All israel...' or 'Until you also say 'blessed is he...' or Heb 8.

Right Divider

Body part
the 'plain meaning' is that it was the one Gospel. But you D'ists' only go by the plain meaning if it supports D'ism, such as at your version of 'All israel...' or 'Until you also say 'blessed is he...' or Heb 8.
I know this is be way over your head, but I'll explain it anyway for the benefit of those that might believe the truth.

• Paul confirmed ALL revelation that came before.
  • Paul received NEW revelation that had NOT been made known before.
I can see that this will be too difficult for you to understand.

Last edited:

Interplanner

I know this is be way other your head, but I'll explain it anyway for the benefit of those that might believe the truth.

• Paul confirmed ALL revelation that came before.
  • Paul received NEW revelation that had NOT been made known before.
I can see that this will be too difficult for you to understand.

It would be nice if you actually believed that! btw, you meant over my head, but the Freudian slip is quite revealing: it is simply something believed by another "head" (yours).

Paul confirmed and revealed it at the same time! It was the Judaism he grew up in that had separated things, because it was veiled to them. It was there the whole time but they would not see it as true "in Christ." To them it had to be true "in Israel." Which is how you believe it is supposed to be true.

SaulToPaul 2

It would be nice if you actually believed that! btw, you meant over my head, but the Freudian slip is quite revealing: it is simply something believed by another "head" (yours).

Paul confirmed and revealed it at the same time! It was the Judaism he grew up in that had separated things, because it was veiled to them. It was there the whole time but they would not see it as true "in Christ." To them it had to be true "in Israel." Which is how you believe it is supposed to be true.

Straight from a commentary

God's Truth

God did NOT give YOU any ceremonial works to do!

YOU think that YOU were an Israelite in 2000 BC.
What's wrong with you? Do you know that Gentiles were without God because they did not do those things?

Just answer the question.

YOU need to study. YOU are confused.

Lev 1:1-2 (KJV)
(1:1) And the LORD called unto Moses, and spake unto him out of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying, (1:2) Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man of you bring an offering unto the LORD, ye shall bring your offering of the cattle, [even] of the herd, and of the flock.

YOU are NOT the children of Israel.

YOU need to get with God's CURRENT dealing with mankind.

What were the ethnicity of those in the desert? lol

Answer the question, tell me, why were the Gentiles without God?

Just answer and the truth might come to you.

God's Truth

The purpose of the ceremonial laws was to point to the promised Messiah. The nation of Israel as a whole only blindly followed them legalistically, but God provided spiritual insight and faith to a remnant within the nation, who performed the ordinances in a spirit of worship and awe, according to their understanding of the Covenant of Grace contained therein.

IOW's, the same Law of God, either condemns or it draws sinners to their need of the Saviour.

What is wrong with you?

Do you really think you were correcting me?

If so, how so?

If not, then what on earth are you doing responding to me the way you do?

God's Truth

How does anyone ever get that there is a right time and wrong time to obey Jesus?

How does anyone get that there are things that Jesus teaches that might not be right for all?

I will tell you who those people are, they are people who do not trust God.

God's Truth

A little child can rebuke all you here.

Just ask a little child whether or not we have to do what God says.

Who would ever preach that believing is not to obey?

Tell me right now, does Jesus say to believe? If you believe, is that obeying?

YES OR NO.

dodge

I explained this to you before but you REFUSE to listen to anything but YOUR OWN inane babbling.

The meaning of the verse is that before Paul ever got saved the TRUTH was being preached and folks were responding to the GOSPEL and trusting Jesus for their salvation.

The "faith" that Paul once persecuted he ended up preaching AFTER he got saved by trusting Jesus.

Now take your little shovel and dig your hole even deeper.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What is wrong with you?

Do you really think you were correcting me?

If so, how so?

If not, then what on earth are you doing responding to me the way you do?

My attempt was only to discuss with you the purpose and differing economies of the Law, and the way sinners respond to it.

The ceremonial laws pointed to Jesus Christ.

The letter of the Law was totally fulfilled by Jesus Christ.

The spirit of the Law has always been the promise of grace and salvation of Jesus Christ.

The spirit of the law encourages holy living in Jesus Christ.

These same truths were revealed in the garden to A&E.