ECT How can there be a another Gospel based on Gal. 1:22 ? The faith Paul once destroy ?

john w

Hall of Fame
Every time I quote something from the Old Testament, or from Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Jude, and John...I am told by madists "That is not to us."

Maybe now is the time to deal with the truth that PAUL QUOTES the OLD TESTAMENT MANY TIMES, and he quotes it to Gentiles.

Acts 13:33 he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm: “‘You are my son; today I have become your father.’

Acts 15:15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:

Acts 23:5 Paul replied, “Brothers, I did not realize that he was the high priest; for it is written: ‘Do not speak evil about the ruler of your people.’”

Romans 1:17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Romans 2:24 As it is written: “God’s name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.”

Romans 3:4 Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written: “So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge.”

Romans 3:10 As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one;

Romans 4:17 As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.

Romans 8:36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

Romans 9:13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

Romans 9:33 As it is written: “See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who believes in him will never be put to shame.”

Romans 10:15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As itis written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

Romans 11:8 as it is written: “God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day.”

Romans 11:26 and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

Romans 12:19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

Romans 14:11 It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

Romans 15:3 For even Christ did not please himself but, as it iswritten: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.”

Romans 15:9 and, moreover, that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written: “Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing the praises of your name.”

Romans 15:21 Rather, as it is written: “Those who were not told about him will see, and those who have not heard will understand.”

1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

1 Corinthians 1:31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”

1 Corinthians 2:9 However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him—

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”;

1 Corinthians 9:9 For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.” Is it about oxen that God is concerned?

1 Corinthians 10:7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it iswritten: “The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.”

1 Corinthians 14:21 In the Law it is written: “With other tongues and through the lips of foreigners I will speak to this people, but even then they will not listen to me, says the Lord.”

1 Corinthians 15:45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

2 Corinthians 4:13 It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak,

2 Corinthians 8:15 as it is written: “The one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little.”

2 Corinthians 9:9 As it is written: “They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever.”

Galatians 3:10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Galatians 4:22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman.

Galatians 4:27 For it is written: “Be glad, barren woman, you who never bore a child; shout for joy and cry aloud, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband.”
Translated: So smashed, she forgot the argument, as she pours herself her 5th Rum and Coke, hold the Coke, since breakfast. Sleep it off.

Interplanner

Jesus' words are Spirit and life.

Doing what Jesus says, doing what the Word says, doing the words of God will NOT result in what you have been teaching about it.

You're right. The way I said it was: Christ's works alone can justify. They were works-expecting-wages.

glorydaz

The WORKS of righteousness that no longer save are CIRCUMCISION, VARIOUS EXTERNAL WASHINGS and animal sacrifices.

Show where those things EVER SAVED anyone. :popcorn:

Where does circumcision save?

Where do various external washings save?

Where do animal sacrifices save?

glorydaz

Go ahead and explain what you believe those things are.

You need to say what you mean when you post something like that.

You saying "Only Christ's" is hard to understand exactly what you are talking about.

It's too bad he isn't standing up to you. You are dead wrong, once again.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

God's Truth

Translation: Smashed again, posting irrelevant spam, as she downs another quart.

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “the Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”

Acts 26:17, 18 …I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

Read all of Romans Chapter 6-7

glorydaz

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “the Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”

Acts 26:17, 18 …I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

You act like it's others who need to read Scripture, when you're the one who needs to read it, understand it, and believe it. In other words, you're a bell with no ring, a gown with no style, and a pot with no savoury stew.

God's Truth

You're right. The way I said it was: Christ's works alone can justify. They were works-expecting-wages.

The purification/ceremonial works are the works that people did to clean themselves, and they had a relationship with God because of those works.

All we have to do now is just have faith that Jesus cleans us.

We still have to obey Jesus, we just don't have to be circumcised and sacrifice animals, etc.

God's Truth

You couldn't be called a child of God without doing those works.

Go and study about it some more.

glorydaz

The purification/ceremonial works are the works that people did to clean themselves, and they had a relationship with God because of those works.

All we have to do now is just have faith that Jesus cleans us.

We still have to obey Jesus, we just don't have to be circumcised and sacrifice animals, etc.

Are you changing your tune so quickly? You said those were the "works of righteousness" that saved people. Let's see where you came up with that idea. And show where the Gospel says we have to "obey Jesus" to be saved.

john w

Hall of Fame

Translated: So smashed, she forgot the argument, as she pours herself her 5th Rum and Coke, hold the Coke, since breakfast. Sleep it off. And read Genesis-Revelation, you demonic lush, troll, perverter.

glorydaz

You couldn't be called a child of God without doing those works.

Go and study about it some more.

No...you can't weasel out of this. You said "saved".....you always say they "saved".

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His MERCY He saved us.

You claimed those (circumcision, washings, and animal sacrifice) were the "works of righteousness" that saved them.

Admit it. NOW. Admit it so when you say the same thing tomorrow, we can all know your error.

God's Truth

Are you changing your tune so quickly?
There is no changing.

You said those were the "works of righteousness" that saved people.

Of course they are. What do you think they are, the works of unrighteousness that condemned people? lol

Let's see where you came up with that idea. And show where the Gospel says we have to "obey Jesus" to be saved.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

You don't get life unless you obey those words.

Those words from the Almighty God.

glorydaz

There is no changing.

That's unfortunate for you.

Of course they are. What do you think they are, the works of unrighteousness that condemned people? lol

Of course you can't prove that circumcision, washings, and animal sacrifices saved anyone....they didn't. Laugh as much as you like, but until you can show me people were saved by such, you are but a loud mouth braggart with nothing to brag about.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

You don't get life unless you obey those words.

Those words from the Almighty God.

What words are those?

Where is the Gospel that says we must obey to be saved?

I'll wait. :popcorn:

God's Truth

That's unfortunate for you.

Of course you can't prove that circumcision, washings, and animal sacrifices saved anyone....they didn't. Laugh as much as you like, but until you can show me people were saved by such, you are but a loud mouth braggart with nothing to brag about.

What words are those?

Where is the Gospel that says we must obey to be saved?

I'll wait. :popcorn:

According to you those works did nothing. haaaaaaaaaaaa

glorydaz

According to you those works did nothing. haaaaaaaaaaaa

Wrong, I already told you what they did. Circumcision was a sign of the Covenant God had with the nation of Israel, and the others were temporary for conscience sake. Didn't you read the verses I gave you explaining it? You really shouldn't laugh just because you don't get it.

God's Truth

Wrong, I already told you what they did. Circumcision was a sign of the Covenant God had with the nation of Israel, and the others were temporary for conscience sake. Didn't you read the verses I gave you explaining it? You really shouldn't laugh just because you don't get it.

The people had to clean themselves to belong to God.

glorydaz

The people had to clean themselves to belong to God.

Didn't work for them, did it? Just like it isn't working for you. Romans 10:3KJV

The sign of the circumcision was for the nation of Israel...showing they were God's people.

The washings were nothing more than ritualistic ordinances. You just can't keep making this stuff up. Do you think no one will notice how you adulterate these things?

They were simply symbolic washings....they made no one clean, not even the priest that performed the services. They were all done for conscience sake....a temporary fix for a guilty conscience.

Heb. 9:9-10 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.​

God's Truth

Didn't work for them, did it? Just like it isn't working for you. Romans 10:3KJV
It didn't work for them AFTER Jesus came. Think.

The sign of the circumcision was for the nation of Israel...showing they were God's people.

The washings were nothing more than ritualistic ordinances. You just can't keep making this stuff up. Do you think no one will notice how you adulterate these things?
That is what you do.

They were simply symbolic washings....they made no one clean, not even the priest that performed the services. They were all done for conscience sake....a temporary fix for a guilty conscience.

Hebrews 9:22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

glorydaz

It didn't work for them AFTER Jesus came. Think.

It never worked.

Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Hebrews 9:22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Heb. 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: