GUNS!

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just won the bid on an old single shot 12 ga. that needs a new stock.

pix392667969.jpg
pix141278957.jpg

I have some nice pieces of maple on the wood pile that I am going to try to carve something out of. I have not yet decided if I am going with a shoulder stock or just a nub of a pistol grip. Sort of like this...

87532053.jpg
Pretty gun.

Are you sure you wouldn't want to try your hand at a laminated stock? Elton said he had that plainer (planer?), which might do the trick.

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pretty gun.

Are you sure you wouldn't want to try your hand at a laminated stock? Elton said he had that plainer (planer?), which might do the trick.

I don't have any strong delusions of turning this into anything fancy.

Adam

Hall of Fame
Just be mindful of the laws regarding such things. Barrel Length 18+" Overall length 26+" :plain: Just sayin'

I should be good to go on the 18" part. The seller is an FFL. I will make sure it is 26" overall, which might take me in the shoulder stock direction.

I thought it was legal to own an SBS if you paid the $200 tax and went through the background check. Now, I of course realize that the $200 would pretty much invalidate Delmar's purchase since he didn't want to spend that much anyways. Am I right?

But, legally speaking, he could own a shorty.

Oh, and GREAT FIND Delmar!!!

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I thought it was legal to own an SBS if you paid the $200 tax and went through the background check. Now, I of course realize that the $200 would pretty much invalidate Delmar's purchase since he didn't want to spend that much anyways. Am I right?

Legally speaking he could own a machine gun too. :plain:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You are exactly right concerning the feds, but Indiana law does not allow for SBS. I can, however obtain a shortie classified as "any other weapon" but I believe the modifications have to be done on gun that never had a shoulder stock and need to be done by an FFL holder who is licensed to manufacture weapons.

You were also correct that I would consider a $200 tax stamp out of the question. I paid $65 for the gun.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Legally speaking he could own a machine gun too. :plain:

If I were willing to pay "the man" for the privilege, sure! Truth is I don't care about full auto. I never wanted to waste that much ammo.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Still never given to exaggeration I see! :third:

or spell check either! :banana:

ok ok, slight exaggeration

but in nys, for me to to legally posess stuff like that I would have to pay an annual fee for a manufacturers license - iirc I was told it was around $1800

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
or spell check either! :banana:

ok ok, slight exaggeration

but in nys, for me to to legally posess stuff like that I would have to pay an annual fee for a manufacturers license - iirc I was told it was around $1800
I have just what you need!

PDBC_muzzle1.jpg

It's a 20 ga muzzle loading cap lock pistol. It should be exempt from all that stuff because it is not a cartridge gun. In Indiana you don't even need a license to carry to strap it on your hip.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
If I were willing to pay "the man" for the privilege, sure! Truth is I don't care about full auto. I never wanted to waste that much ammo.

They are kind of pointless unless you are in open field combat. :plain:

Last edited by a moderator:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber

I don't know TomO, the other day at the range we were being over run by rampaging squirrels, all those toothy critters came screaming down the burm like it was Custer's last stand.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know TomO, the other day at the range we were being over run by rampaging squirrels, all those toothy critters came screaming down the burm like it was Custer's last stand.
I have to assume, since you are posting here today, that your side prevailed.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Even in my zombie killing game, I tend to seek out a fortified position, but there are times when I herd them into a crowd and go with the "mini gun".