GUNS!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I posted this in that idiot thread about Jesus didn't say to buy a sword. I thought it was be good here.

Machine Gun 1942

Now to try and recall what I have been told. Our (Uncle Sam) M60 was an attempt to replicate the MG42. It worked pretty well but had a few shortcomings. We buy it from FN now, called the M240, incase anybody wants to know.

But some people like to tinker, and that is actually a good thing. Here is the improved M60. And what they are doing is a really big deal.

M60

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Suppressor

And its called a suppressor, not a silencer. It works like a car's muffler. It muffles the combustion noises. It doesn't silence anything. Besides the action of the weapon makes a lot of noise, and there is no stopping that. Unless you are in a movie.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And its called a suppressor, not a silencer. It works like a car's muffler. It muffles the combustion noises. It doesn't silence anything. Besides the action of the weapon makes a lot of noise, and there is no stopping that. Unless you are in a movie.

That wasn't silent but it was pretty quiet. Not much for suppressors myself. Half the fun of shooting is making thunder!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does anyone have a tax stamp? Thinking about getting one? That would open up a whole new wish list. :think:
If I had the money to throw around the main thing I would use a tax stamp for, would be a short barrel shotgun. Though, here in Indiana, SBS are not allowed so I would have to use the loophole of starting with something that came from the manufacturer with a pistol grip and use an "any other weapon" stamp.

Truth is I have a problem with my hard earned gun budget going to the government for a tax stamp. So the closest I am ever going to come to that is shooting 000 buckshot out of a Judge, or getting a BP Howdah gun. Either option would be a whole lot of fun without breaking the bank.

PDBC_muzzle1.jpg

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The other thing I have considered and probably will pick up one day, is the Leinad 45lc/410 SxS 11" derringer. This can be picked up for under $200. I think, if I got one of these, I would want to rig up a full sized pistol grip and maybe even replace the trigger spur with a trigger guard.
pix891422147.jpg

pix246791113.jpg

Leinad 45lc/410 SxS 11" derringer

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm jealous. :sigh: Did you get yourself a Glock 18?

Apparently you don't understand. The $200 stamp passed when it was cost significantly more than the firearm, and more than the average American wage by a lot. It was an illegal move for the purpose of infriging on ownership rights.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Apparently you don't understand. The $200 stamp passed when it was cost significantly more than the firearm, and more than the average American wage by a lot. It was an illegal move for the purpose of infriging on ownership rights.
Of course. I thought you applied and got yours. I understand that many people are rejected for no good reason. Some say you should get one now before you cannot get one at all. :Nineveh: FPS Russia 50 cal Dune Buggy

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And there is not a thing we can do about it as long as the courts uphold that nonsense and the other two branches don't stand up for the people.