GUNS!

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I figure for all-around home defense they're a good choice. Plus, to be blunt, I like the aesthetic. (And no, I don't just get firearms based on looks; I own a Glock 23.)

Well? OK, but I never thought you did.

And if you did purchase a firearm based on looks, it is your money! Right?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
wow as usual, because I say something you dont like you resort into venomous attack. so typical macho wordly churchgoer.

Not only that you go into red reps and whine about it. You are whiner too.

good day.
I would have thought that someone so enlightened in the art of turning the other cheek would have thicker skin. :idunno:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is macho about protecting your family and home?

Protecting the home and family. That is a masculine trait. That many men don't have that were raised by feminist parents (even when they didn't know it). And the child later becomes a violent criminal, as he does not know how or where to channel the masculinity and aggression he was born with.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
No ... it's a human trait ...

:plain: Whatever kind of "trait" that it is; it should be taught to all children by being exemplified by their parents. Men have a definite "edge" in the practice due to (on average) superior strength and aggression but this does not mean women cannot or should not "step up to the plate" and stand side by side in the battle.

Men like Samuel Colt and John Moses Browning (PBUH) made this a practical and easily obtainable goal.

gun-control4.jpg

Last edited:

PureX

Thinking of getting a coach gun this weekend.
What's a 'coach gun'?

I don't own any guns, but I've often thought that if I were to get one, I'd like to get a smallish well-made .32 or something like that. There is nearly no crime where I live, but there is always some remote possibility of a home invasion. There is a shotgun in the house, but it's too far away and unwieldy to be practical if awoken in the night by an intruder.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
What's a 'coach gun'?

I don't own any guns, but I've often thought that if I were to get one, I'd like to get a smallish well-made .32 or something like that. There is nearly no crime where I live, but there is always some remote possibility of a home invasion. There is a shotgun in the house, but it's too far away and unwieldy to be practical if awoken in the night by an intruder.

It's a side by side double barrel shotgun with short barrels (18" or so) usually 12 ga. (but not necessarily)

1_shotguns_12_ga._stoeger_coach_gun_39167.jpg

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Exactly. Small, nimble, and simple.

:) Which is their strong point. Short, easy to swing and due to the width of having those two pipes next to each other it is very "point-able". Looking down those two bores from the "bad end" has an intimidation factor which is not easily matched also.
The action and the very design of the weapon lends itself well to gross motor skills (which due to stress will likely be the only ones fully functioning). The only drawback is the limitation to two shots between reload but, to be realistic, very few attackers are going to stick around after the first pipe barks to hear what the second has to say.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
meshak said:
Hey, macho guys, Christians should not play with guns.

Dont shoot me, please. run run run......

Rusha said:

Nick M said:
Protecting the home and family. That is a masculine trait. That many men don't have that were raised by feminist parents (even when they didn't know it). And the child later becomes a violent criminal, as he does not know how or where to channel the masculinity and aggression he was born with.

Rusha said:
No ... it's a human trait ...

:plain: Whatever kind of "trait" that it is;

I am pointing out that a man wanting to protect his home and family is not a *macho* trait. My comment had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with feminism.

It was a short and to the point response back to Nick M. whose response (as usual) had nothing whatsoever to do with my reply to Meshak. Men and women are protective of their families ... as they should be.

I get the feeling that Meshak follows the "turn the other cheek" rule and was implying that men who own guns do so because they are macho. Women are also gun owners most likely for the same reason ... to protect their families. There is nothing feminist or macho about wishing to protect one's family.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Men like Samuel Colt and John Moses Browning (PBUH) made this a practical and easily obtainable goal.

gun-control4.jpg

This picture pretty much sums it up ... most women are not as capable (due to body strength) of fighting off an attacker in her home. Guns are great equalizers.

PureX

Here's a true story that I think you gun people will appreciate.

I lived in Chicago for many years, and Chicago is a city of neighborhoods. Especially back when I first moved there in the early 80s. All kinds of people lived there, but they all tended to be lumped into their own neighborhoods: the Poles, the Germans, the Italians, the Blacks, the Mexicans, the Puerto Ricans, and believe it or not, there was even a "hillbilly" neighborhood. My friend Bob lived in the hillbilly neighborhood. He'd grown up in the Virginia/Carolinas area and so I guess it just stood to reason that he'd end up renting a place in that part of town.

The hillbilly neighborhood was just like any other neighborhood in that most of the people who lived there were good, hard-working folks who were saving their money to buy a house in the suburbs someday. But like any neighborhood, it also had it's share of drunks and dope-heads and all around idiots, too. Bob lived in an old wooden two-flat, on the first floor, and most of the time the second floor was vacant. But there was a short time when a couple of "hillbilly homos" moved up there, and things got a little exciting for my friend, Bob.

I'm not anti-gay, or anything, but these two were something else. Apparently they were the kind of homosexual men who hated their own homosexuality, and so would have to fight with each other physically, as a form of foreplay. They would scream and curse and wrestle around on the floor and make all kinds of noise that could be heard all through the old wood-framed building. And Bob was not happy about this. Finally one night they got to going at it so violently that Bob really thought someone was either being seriously hurt or was about to be, so he called the police. They came, and hauled one the homos away to jail, and things quieted down. But a couple days later, the guy was let out of jail, and he apparently decided he didn't want Bob calling the cops on him, again.

The building had one front door, for both apartments, with an inner door to the right to enter Bob's place, and a set of stairs that immediately went up and turned to the right to enter the upstairs apartment. So Bob comes home from work this one afternoon, and enters the front hall at the foot of the steps, to unlock his door and go into his apartment. As he's standing there putting his key in the door, he hears someone moving at the top of the stairs. He can't see them, because they're around the corner, but he knows someone's up there. Then he hears them pumping a shotgun.

He jumps into his apartment real quick and closes and locks the door, and waits for his heart to calm down. Finally, after nothing else happens, he decides it's just his angry neighbor intent of scaring him, so he lets it pass. But the next day, when he gets home from work, the exact same thing happens. As he's putting the key in his door, he hears someone pumping a shotgun at the top of the stairs, again. So that evening he called a friend of ours, and dropped by for a visit. This friend is a gun lover and Bob tells him about this episode with the upstairs neighbor. So the friend loans Bob an "equalizer". And when Bob goes to work the next day, he leaves it just inside his apartment door.

Sure enough, Bob comes home from work that evening, puts his key in the door, and he hears the guy upstairs pump the shotgun, again. So Bob reaches inside his door and pulls out his "equalizer", and makes some clicking noises with it, himself. And of course the guy upstairs hears the clicking sounds, and wants to know what they are. So he peeked his head around the corner at the top of the steps to see what Bob was doing. And that's when he saw my friend Bob, standing at the bottom of the steps, with a fully automatic machine gun in his arms, staring up at him. The clicking sounds he heard were the sounds of Bob installing the big curved clip in the weapon and pulling the bold back.

About two weeks later the 'hillbilly homos' moved out. And all was quiet at Bob's place, again.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a side by side double barrel shotgun with short barrels (18" or so) usually 12 ga. (but not necessarily)

The stock is a bit long. And I like composite (hard plastic). However there is something to be said about a quality buttstroke with a heavy piece of iron and woord.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
The stock is a bit long. And I like composite (hard plastic). However there is something to be said about a quality buttstroke with a heavy piece of iron and woord.

The above pictures does seem to show a long stock on the Coach Gun.

But, I just layed both my M&P AR (adjustable stock extended out to maximum) and my Remington Coach Gun side by side and they are the same length, personaly the Coach Gun feels like the stock is shorter to me? :idunno: