GUNS!

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The stock is a bit long. And I like composite (hard plastic). However there is something to be said about a quality buttstroke with a heavy piece of iron and wood.

That is the problem with composite materials isn't it? I know it's kind of wierd and old fashioned but one of the reasons I like a J-Frame Smith is because it's the perfect size to pistol-whip if needed. Keeps me from having to carry a sap too. :plain:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
On my M4, I choose the six position collapsible stock. I could shoot it from a car if needed. Its main failure is if I run out of bullets. The SKS on the other hand....is also a stabbing weapon.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some people here need a whipping. Bump for Billybob. Vegas has this thing, some sort of infatuation with talking about guns. I can't quite figure him out.

:plain:

What makes you think I like guns?

:idunno:

They're alright I suppose. :plain:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Any of you ladies and gents familiar with the Sharps 1863 carbine .50-70 or any of the Sharps rifles for that matter?

Anyone handled an original or shot a replica?

image004.jpg

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm having an issue with my Mossberg. It isn't ejecting the empty shells. I can't imagine that it's the extractors that need replacing...it's brand new.

Anyone else have this issue or have a solution?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm having an issue with my Mossberg. It isn't ejecting the empty shells. I can't imagine that it's the extractors that need replacing...it's brand new.

My husband had that problem once. But I don't recall the brand of gun he had.

Before taking it to someone to fix, he bought a separate box of ammo to see if it did the same thing. It only seemed to reject that one box of shells, and worked fine with another box.
Some shells can actually be slightly "warped". So it's possible it could be the shells and not your gun.

I do recall him saying that he would never buy that brand again if it was going to be that sensitive!!!! (I just can't remember what brand it was.)

LadyGreenEyes

OOO, guns! Already like this thread! Yeah, love gins, love shooting (though can't afford to that often). No "new" toys in awhile, but have a few fun ones. Favorite is the .45 Glock, Model 21. Something about that brand I simply adore.

before you ask, we can open carry here (with some local limits form liberal towns...), and can get permits, though they aren't cheap. great castle laws, though, and you can carry in your vehicle with no permit at all.

What I want next is a shotgun. Recommendations?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Buy a Remmington or Winchester. :plain:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:sigh: I thought that might be the answer.
Don't assume that so quickly. From what I hear Mossberg 5oo's are very reliable once you get them broke in good. Did you buy it at a big box store or a local gun shop? If you bought it at a local shop I would take it there and have them look at it, as it should be under warranty. If you got it a Wally World I would call Mossberg and have them talk you through it.
Also here is a thread you might take a look at
http://www.ak47.net/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=194943