GUNS!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your AR a D.I. or piston? :think:

DI. A little cleaning is better than extra money for no cleaning. Mine is from RRA. After I bought it, I found out more about it. It shoots great, but the barrel was adapted from the 270W, since that is the bullet used. It works really good, it just isn't optimal. It is a 6 groove 1:10 and the land to groove ratio is not ideal. The newer ones are 1:11 or even 1:12, and 4 or 5 grove with better ratio of groves. Aka lower resistance and faster speed.

It shoots straight, so no complaint. Below is 100m, prone unsupported, no magnification. I don't need to hear about breathing. I am shooting 5 feet, when the zero was done at level. The stray to the right is the land owners. His house, he can shoot as much as he wants.

RRA%20grouping.JPG

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
And a Kimber is on my wish list--but that's really expensive. :smack:

:doh: Don't I know it... My wife wants a Kimber Solo (Thankfully, it's a lot less expensive) I admit that I could really go for a Super Carry Pro HD but I can't see myself spending the $$ right now. :greedy:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
DI. A little cleaning is better than extra money for no cleaning. Mine is from RRA. After I bought it, I found out more about it. It shoots great, but the barrel was adapted from the 270W, since that is the bullet used. It works really good, it just isn't optimal. It is a 6 groove 1:10 and the land to groove ratio is not ideal. The newer ones are 1:11 or even 1:12, and 4 or 5 grove with better ratio of groves. Aka lower resistance and faster speed.

It shoots straight, so no complaint. Below is 100m, prone unsupported, no magnification. I don't need to hear about breathing. I am shooting 5 feet, when the zero was done at level. The stray to the right is the land owners. His house, he can shoot as much as he wants.

RRA%20grouping.JPG

:thumb:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Speaking of Kimber in general...what are your overall thoughts?

They are downright beautiful specimens, but are they worth the price??

jwp98

I have a Crimson Carry II. It's pretty and the integrated laser is cool. Good if you want to practice drawing and instinctive aiming. For practical purposes, I'd probably rather have a light. And with that, you get holster issues...

Anyway I came full circle back to a Glock 26 (with night sites and some mods) and might sell the Kimber to my father. My hands aren't that big and it won't shoot some reloads...tight tolerances I guess.

Kimber not worth the money IMO. 1911 fans may disagree, but I'd rather have more rounds and no external hammer. The palm plate safety is nice though. I worry about the Glock and it's trigger safety.

I've never shot a Wilson.

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, macho guys, Christians should not play with guns.

Dont shoot me, please. run run run......

You might find this hard to believe, but most Christian gun owners don't shoot people who don't need killing!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You might find this hard to believe, but most Christian gun owners don't shoot people who don't need killing!

Then why do you have so many western shooting movies? Christianity has been around for 2000 years, friend.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Most of those are stories about people who do need killing:duh:
Tis true. Back then, they only had movies about people who carried swords and spears.

I am talking from christian perspective.

Last edited:

Pierac

RRA%20grouping.JPG

If your... 100m, prone and unsupported, with no magnification. Your pretty spot/dead on... No eye known to man can read typed print that points to zero at 100 m! The key being no magnification... Your front site at 100m is bigger than your actual kill zone on paper soooo.... Sweet rifle! And no need to make excuses for spin! Your way in the kill zone at 100 m with no magnification! :thumb:
Paul

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
If your... 100m, prone and unsupported, with no magnification. Your pretty spot/dead on... No eye known to man can read typed print that points to zero at 100 m! The key being no magnification... Your front site at 100m is bigger than your actual kill zone on paper soooo.... Sweet rifle! And no need to make excuses for spin! Your way in the kill zone at 100 m with no magnification! :thumb:
Paul

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction. :chuckle:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I have a Crimson Carry II. It's pretty and the integrated laser is cool. Good if you want to practice drawing and instinctive aiming. For practical purposes, I'd probably rather have a light. And with that, you get holster issues...

Anyway I came full circle back to a Glock 26 (with night sites and some mods) and might sell the Kimber to my father. My hands aren't that big and it won't shoot some reloads...tight tolerances I guess.

Kimber not worth the money IMO. 1911 fans may disagree, but I'd rather have more rounds and no external hammer. The palm plate safety is nice though. I worry about the Glock and it's trigger safety.

I've never shot a Wilson.

I think that pretty much nails it. A large part of it rests in how big of a 1911 fanboy you are. :think: