GUNS!

Pierac

It's all about... right place right time... or wrong place wrong time!

Notice the mouse gun 22lr scores 60% in actually incapacitated by one shot!

Does this mean go out and buy a 22lr... If you think so... Not even close! :doh: It's data... not life!

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/printable/node/7866

Yet, I have a NAA 22lr 5 shot mini on my pants belt 80% of the time! Do not underestimate the idea of actually having something on your belt! I bought a 40 Cal for conceal and carry, but It's too big and bulky for going out for everyday issues. The truth is, I don't even know that I have the 22lr as it clips on my belt and remains forgotten! It's sweet and appears.... 60% in actually incapacitated by one shot! Better to have than have not!

Paul

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
It's all about... right place right time... or wrong place wrong time!

Notice the mouse gun 22lr scores 60% in actually incapacitated by one shot!

Does this mean go out and buy a 22lr... If you think so... Not even close! :doh: It's data... not life!

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/printable/node/7866

Yet, I have a NAA 22lr 5 shot mini on my pants belt 80% of the time! Do not underestimate the idea of actually having something on your belt! I bought a 40 Cal for conceal and carry, but It's too big and bulky for going out for everyday issues. The truth is, I don't even know that I have the 22lr as it clips on my belt and remains forgotten! It's sweet and appears.... 60% in actually incapacitated by one shot! Better to have than have not!

Paul

:think: It has often been said the .22 that you will carry is far better than a .45 left home in a drawer.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think: It has often been said the .22 that you will carry is far better than a .45 left home in a drawer.

One that note
Which would you have more confidence in, a five shot .22 or a two shot .45?
images

images

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
One that note
images

images

Given the choice I'll take the derringer. :chuckle:

On a side note; I thought about getting one in .45LC/.410 a while back but the durned thing is nearly as big (and heavy) as my S&W638 (current carry). Add that to the fact that with a barrel that short the .410 loses some punch; I figured I'd just stick with old faithful. :idunno:

Pierac

One that note
images

images

The real question is which one can you clip on to your belt and it remain smaller than a pager.... No one is going to let you know when to carry it! Are you prepared to carry it day after day carting it around?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=pfwl&cp=6&gs_id=o&xhr=t&q=naa+22&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1536&bih=806&wrapid=tljp1326488222691010&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=11597282550731126116&sa=X&ei=ppoQT97ADpTSiALbmM2uDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CD0Q8gIwBQ#

Like TomO said... "the .22 that you will carry is far better than a .45 left home in a drawer." Life does not always tell us to get ready! The one day you leave the .45 at home because all your doing is running up to the store... may be the day you actually need it! Maybe the .45 is no big deal in your pocket acting as a lead weight day after day? :idunno:

There are no easy answers when it comes to conceal and carry! Weight usually always wins... Why? Because the weight usually in the end... always stays home! ;)

The 22lr is a little less than 4.5ozs... 1lb is 16ozs... do the math! This is why I keep it next to my car keys... they weight about the same and one clips on my belt!

Paul

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
There are no easy answers when it comes to conceal and carry! Weight usually always wins... Why? Because the weight usually in the end... always stays home! ;)

The 22lr is a little less than 4.5ozs... 1lb is 16ozs... do the math! This is why I keep it next to my car keys... they weight about the same and one clips on my belt!

:plain: I've noticed as I've gotten older; weight has become more of an issue...or maybe I'm more spoiled now....I don't know. :idunno:

My first carry (many many moons ago) was a 4" Colt Python which I lugged around in a shoulder holster. That thing weighed in at well over 2 pounds :noway: The lightest thing I carried then (and this was for what I considered extreme concealment) was a Walther PPK/S which was well heavier than the S&W638 which I carry daily now.

:think: One thing you might want to consider if you decide to move to a larger caliber is the Ruger LCP. It's a little more than half a pound and gives you 6+1 of .380ACP. If you put it into a pocket holster it's pretty easy to forget you have it.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The name was in the gun blog that is dropped in the inbox every week. I figured anybody interested would look it up. I will pass. My 6.8 SPC II is a better all around cartridge in a carbine.

Your AR a D.I. or piston? :think:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I like the ankle set up there (but you can't wear sandals :shocked:). And that Stinger is nice--but pricy. :greedy: I still need to save up for the Infidel

Last edited: