ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Ethics DEMANDS that you don't tell unbelievers that 'Christ died for our sins' if your understanding is that Christ didn't die for all.
God instructs us to tell all reguardless. You've been told that many times before. We don't disobey

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
If I were a troll then I would be banned. Why don't you report me?

Rather, you are irritated that I challenge your theology.
I'm careful who waste my time. You waste my time. I won't even make the time to report you. You just did a bully talk. You may leave that chip on your shoulders. If I was irritated, I would flick it off.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm careful who waste my time. You waste my time. I won't even make the time to report you. You just did a bully talk. You may leave that chip on your shoulders. If I was irritated, I would flick it off.

Proofs been done by many of us.
Indeed. This person just likes to post this or that odd view, then pester about not being responded to, despite the many responses given.

AMR

Sonnet

Not if you first tell them that all are rag wearing filthy sinners.

So essentially you are saying that since humans are so bad then it's okay to play fast and loose with the 'offer' of salvation - it's okay to pretend that all have recourse to faith and that Christ died for all because worthless sinners don't really deserve our integrity do they? Without lying we may disingenuously proclaim such 'Good News' as 'Christ died for our sins' because we either have a special definition of that death - that it's not for THEIR sins or something similar) or we may have a limiting definition of the pronoun 'our'.

Please do correct me if this is inaccurate.

Sonnet

John Piper is perhaps an example of this - a Calvinist who tells unbelievers that 'Christ died for your sins' in this video.

This is the bit he leaves out:
We do not deny that Christ died to save all in some sense. Paul says in 1 Timothy 4:10 that in Christ God is “the Saviour of all people, especially of those who believe.” What we deny is that the death of Christ is for all men in the same sense. God sent Christ to save all in some sense. And he sent Christ to save those who believe in a more particular sense. God’s intention is different for each. That is a natural way to read 1 Timothy 4:10.

John Piper - What We Believe About the Five Points of Calvinism - 5. Limited Atonement

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
So essentially you are saying that since humans are so bad then it's okay to play fast and loose with the 'offer' of salvation - it's okay to pretend that all have recourse to faith and that Christ died for all because worthless sinners don't really deserve our integrity do they? Without lying we may disingenuously proclaim such 'Good News' as 'Christ died for our sins' because we either have a special definition of that death - that it's not for THEIR sins or something similar) or we may have a limiting definition of the pronoun 'our'.

Please do correct me if this is inaccurate.

I believe Christ died for all.

I also believe that His God and my God is the only one who makes the determination of who he gives to Christ.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
That some deny that Christ died for all is a serious matter is it not?

Not enough to deny that they themselves are saved. They are. They just force a conclusion to an antinomy.
They will not endure sound doctrine.
Again, this is far from the pinnacle of scriptural understanding. As a matter of fact it is milk.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Sonnet

Not enough to deny that they themselves are saved. They are. They just force a conclusion to an antinomy.
They will not endure sound doctrine.
Again, this is far from the pinnacle of scriptural understanding. As a matter of fact it is milk.

I'm not following you.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I'm not following you.

Forgiveness of sins by the propitiating work of the Messiah is a milk doctrine -

In this passage the writer states that soteriology is part of the milk of God's word compared to the order of the Melchizedekian priesthood being part of the meat.

“named of God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek. Of whom we have many things to say, and hard of interpretation, seeing ye are become dull of hearing. For when by reason of the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need again that some one teach you the rudiments of the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of solid food. For every one that partaketh of milk is without experience of the word of righteousness; for he is a babe. But solid food is for fullgrown men, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil.”
**Hebrews‬ *5:10-14‬ *ASV‬‬
http://bible.com/12/heb.5.10-14.asv

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Calvinists believe they have surpassed the non Calvinists and therefore rest in their theology as if it were the end all for we believers (Those arguing with them are arguing over milk and not meat). Unfortunately many intellectuals such as J MacArthur and others are stumbling themselves.

Sonnet

Calvinists believe they have surpassed the non Calvinists and therefore rest in their theology as if it were the end all for we believers (Those arguing with them are arguing over milk and not meat). Unfortunately many intellectuals such as J MacArthur and others are stumbling themselves.

Then I wonder why this?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The doctrine of the Trinity is an example of an antinomy where there are truths that are seemingly contradictory but we are told by the word are factual.

The doctrine of God's will and man's will is also an antinomy. The logical conclusion is what Calvin deemed the truth. However, in forcing his preconceived philosophical prejudice into the text he critically fails to address the passages you are quoting and has to perform exegetical gymnastics to get around the obvious.

That said, the anti Calvinist also fails to deal with the verses that state that God foreknew those whom He elected to salvation. When the bible talks about the foreknowledge of God it doesn't mean He knew what we would do, it means God pre planned the events to come to pass.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Then I wonder why this?

Well, I'm not going to watch that because I have a policy of not studying error.

But, anyone who looks to God and accepts His free gift of salvation thru Christ has eternal life. Even if they are ultra Calvinists and ultra prideful.

The word of God classifies men into four classifications based on their ability to understand the scriptures.
Many may seem spiritually mature but it is a pseudo spirituality.

Sonnet

That said, the anti Calvinist also fails to deal with the verses that state that God foreknew those whom He elected to salvation. When the bible talks about the foreknowledge of God it doesn't mean He knew what we would do, it means God pre planned the events to come to pass.

Then the Holy Spirit is guilty of tautology here:

Romans 5:29
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

'Foreknew' and 'predestined' are distinct words.

Status
Not open for further replies.