ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Are you not going to respond then?
Unbelivers boost about themselves and unable to know the answers they seek no matter what.

13321939_726573684112102_4877056501184539496_n.png

Sonnet

Unbelivers boost about themselves and unable to know the answers they seek no matter what.

13321939_726573684112102_4877056501184539496_n.png

No boast:

If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

Abraham believed God Tulipbee. Abraham. But Abraham had no boast. Unlike the majority, he did not resist the Holy Spirit.

Acts 7:51:
“You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit!

I note that instead of responding to my various posts regarding #1950, you choose to attack my and other's character. I'll assume you are unable to defend your theological position.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
No boast:

If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

Abraham believed God Tulipbee. Abraham. But Abraham had no boast. Unlike the majority, he did not resist the Holy Spirit.

Acts 7:51:
“You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit!

I note that instead of responding to my various posts regarding #1950, you choose to attack my and other's character. I'll assume you are unable to defend your theological position.
You again

Sonnet

Acts 13:44-48
On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. hen the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.

Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. For this is what the Lord has commanded us: “ ‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.’ ” When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honoured the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

For some, the seeming determinism of 'appointed' in verse 48 is indisputable - but a closer examination reveals that 'tetagmenoi' may be translated as 'arranged' (to place in a particular order) - and, certainly, this would fit the context since the obverse of the Jews rejection is expressed in the parallel response of the Gentiles who considered themselves 'worthy' of eternal life.

Last edited:

Sonnet

You again

God is...must be...Sovereign - but don't do as you do and disparage humans so much that you render that which God Himself created as without worth. Your theology, de facto, renders seeming real, valuable life and Creation as a charade; but God described it very differently.

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Sonnet

Romans 2:14-15
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

Sonnet

You have been answered many times, yet you will just take the answers, wave them off, and press onwards with pointers to yet another verse or pericope that you think supports your position. You really do not understand what you are talking about. If you did, you would know that each and every "yea, but..." you raise in hopes of supporting your view has been answered time and again by those that have come before us.

#1930 - no response.
#1931 - no response.
#1933 - no response.
#1934 - no response.
#1935 - no response.
#1944 - no response.

Status
Not open for further replies.