ECT Grace: God isn't mad at sin, or just isn't doing anything about it at the moment?

glorydaz

LOL, my horse didn't want to listen to me earlier this evening.

I told him NOO! Then I bounced my clear empty whiskey glass off his temple.

The rest of the Day he listened to me.

It was a beautiful shot.

Didn't even break the glass.

Whatever it takes, but I'm glad to hear you didn't break anything.

Danoh

You follower of Augustine and Calvin. You are unable to think for yourself, aren't you?

Adam and Eve thought for themselves.

That turned out just wonderful.

Try thinking a thing through a bit more through the Scripture, rather than through your own reasoning, Prob. 3:5.

Danoh

Ah, Danny boy got his itty bitty feelings hurt again.

"Lemming" was very fitting for you, but OUCH....the old pride takes one upside the head. :rotfl:

Nah, that's just you "thinking for yourself" again.

You know - your double-standard.

I make use of a chuckle and you so called "think for yourself" one clueless conclusion about it.

I leave the chuckle out, and you so called "think for yourself" your above clueless conclusion about it, just now.

You remain clueless to your obvious duplicity.

Thank God for Romans 5:8 for ya.

Danoh

LOL, my horse didn't want to listen to me earlier this evening.

I told him NOO! Then I bounced my clear empty whiskey glass off his temple.

The rest of the Day he listened to me.

It was a beautiful shot.

Didn't even break the glass.

:chuckle:

musterion

I'm asking .... is he (the baby that has done no sin) saved by grace without having to know about and accept the Savior?
I say yes.

I say yes, too, or that they've never been responsible and aren't lost. They don't even have a conscience yet to condemn them.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Grace: God isn't mad at sin, or just isn't doing anything about it at the moment?

It's the age old question of why did GOD allow a doorway for evil in the first place.
What sort of father does that?[/QUOTE]

Here is how Satan asked that question the very first time in human history:
“Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, "Indeed, has God said, 'You shall not eat from any tree of the garden'?" The woman said to the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.'" The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die! For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."”
**Genesis‬ *3:1-5‬ *NASB‬‬

Point is, we can not know good and evil as completely as God knows good and evil, that assumption was a lie from the father of lies. Therefore it is not our place to ask such a question.

“"I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted. 'Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?' Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. 'Hear, and I will speak; I will question you, and you make it known to me.' I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you; therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes."”
**Job‬ *42:2-6‬ *ESV‬‬

glorydaz

Adam and Eve thought for themselves.

That turned out just wonderful.

Try thinking a thing through a bit more through the Scripture, rather than through your own reasoning, Prob. 3:5.

Yeah, I simply trust in what the Bible says...not what men claim the Bible says.

Keep up that studying, Danoh, and eventually you might earn yourself a scholarship to some famous Bible college.

glorydaz

More the thinking a thing through in the way the natural man does.

Nice try, but no cigar.

If we're all born with Adam's sin, then why wasn't Jesus?

Oh, I know, sin is passed down through men and not women. Study that out.

Sin is hereditary. Swallow that and call it studying something out.

No thinking required.

Danoh

Yep, the wages of sin is death. Wages is something we earn for ourselves. Babies and children who die physically before they are able to choose good over evil have no wages of sin accumulated.

Nice illogic there :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8.

musterion

Yep, the wages of sin is death. Wages is something we earn for ourselves. Babies and children who die physically before they are able to choose good over evil have no wages of sin accumulated.

I'd agree with that. It is inevitable that all will sin sooner or later, no exceptions. But when one is that young, operating on little more than instinct and external stimuli, with no conscience and not much intellect to inform choice, I don't see how sin as an act is even possible.

glorydaz

If even newborns can be said to be "dead in sin" it's only because we're all born as good as dead because of sin, which inevitably reveals itself within us all.

Indeed, if we live in this world of sin long enough, we'll succumb to the lusts thereof. It is not that newborns or children are dead in sin. Paul makes it clear it is our way of going...according to the prince of the power of the air......fulfilling lusts and desires of the flesh and mind. Lusts of the flesh does not refer to a baby needing a bottle or a child being hungry. It's DISOBEDIENCE.

Ephesians 2:1-3
2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.​