Going to the Movies: past, present, future.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I hope to see Hitchcock this Friday. I have a friend who wants me to see Lincoln, but that's not a movie I'm excited to go to the theater for.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Liked the Mission Impossible films. Loved The Last Samurai...but Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? As incongruous as Hulk Hogan in the role of Bilbo Baggins.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I fully believe Tom Cruise has to reach for stuff.
Especially on high shelves. :plain:

The snippets I've seen look like he doesn't get it and the screenplay is looking for Clint Eastwood catch phrases. I could be wrong, but I'm not encouraged. A friend suggested Ray Stevenson. I can see that. I could even see Hugh Jackman...but Cruise is just too against type.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Should we talk about Star Wars 7, 8, 9? I look forward to it. I wonder about the story. I don't need a 70 year old Han Solo. Cameo? Sure.

Turning back the clock, Lucas cut out a bunch of the story making Return of the Jedi. His long story of 9 or 12 was greatly condensed. Which we now know, and why he says that story is complete.

Star-Wars-Article1-550x775.jpg

And in recent articles over selling to Disney and things, they have pulled up interviews with Mark Hamil talking about them coming back 30 years later, and him being the Obi-Wan figure. So maybe it would be something like that.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm wondering if Christians will stay away from Noah given the press it's been getting within the Body. It has star power and pull, but being directed by an atheist intent on making it the least Biblical Bible story told on film, adding all sorts of unscriptural nonsense...I wonder if it won't meet a Golden Compass like failure as the core audience that could have driven its box office, like it did Gibson's film, withdraws its support and interest.

If things are as I've read I hope that's exactly what happens and Hollywood either learns to treat scriptural narratives with the appropriate veneration or leaves off altogether.

rainee

Wow Town!
Did you see that eye vid that Nick posted?
It reminded me of your avatar

remember? yikes!

I've been asked already once if I am going to see Noah.

I dunno how I can resist.
My head may twirl on my shoulders like in the Exorcist but how can I not check it out?
Can you?

Who is going to see it and Who is going to boycott it, I wonder?

lifeisgood

The first movie I ever saw was Knights of the Round Table with Robert Taylor.

The Robe (Richard Burton)
Ben Hur (Charlton Heston)
The Ten Commandments (Charlton Heston)
Spartacus (Kirk Douglas, Laurence Olivier)
Schindler's List (Liam Neeson)
I can't forget Serpico (Al Pacino)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Star Wars 7

After I was done appreciating this fine fan art (which crushes TPM) I was wondering which jokers and clowns down voted the video on youtube.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm wondering if Christians will stay away from Noah given the press it's been getting within the Body. It has star power and pull, but being directed by an atheist intent on making it the least Biblical Bible story told on film, adding all sorts of unscriptural nonsense...I wonder if it won't meet a Golden Compass like failure as the core audience that could have driven its box office, like it did Gibson's film, withdraws its support and interest.

If things are as I've read I hope that's exactly what happens and Hollywood either learns to treat scriptural narratives with the appropriate veneration or leaves off altogether.

This is one movie I would have loved to have viewed had it not been for the casting of Russell Crowe.