Going to the Movies: past, present, future.

Arthur Brain

Thanks for the heads up, AB. I'd forgotten that one.

We watched Money Ball last night. I really enjoyed it, though in retrospect I'm not entirely sure why.

No one won anything.
Nothing really changed by the end of the film.
Nobody got the girl.
It wasn't terribly funny.
Nothing exploded or caught on fire.
Nothing imperiled was saved.
Nothing broken was redeemed.
It wasn't chuck full of catch phrases.
The characters weren't particularly memorable or even especially likable.

I'd recommend it. :idunno:

:think:

Some of my favourite films lack some to all on your list so I'll check it out.

:thumb:

It better be good though....

:plain:

Quincy

I watched Mermaids on Animal Planet last night. It was a strange film, obviously fictitious in most ways even though it was kind of like History's Ancient Aliens in that it pieces together some circumstantial evidence to create a far out theory, in this case the aquatic ape :plain: . Smells fishy to me, but was entertaining.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I watched Mermaids on Animal Planet last night. It was a strange film, obviously fictitious in most ways even though it was kind of like History's Ancient Aliens in that it pieces together some circumstantial evidence to create a far out theory, in this case the aquatic ape :plain: . Smells fishy to me, but was entertaining.
So, not the Cher movie, then?

I only know this because it was one of Christina Ricci's first movies. I was a big fan of hers after The Addams Family and watched all of her movies that I could.

Breathe

Just watched 'Into the Wild'. It was not the type of movie I generally watch, but it was really good!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Saw recently:

For Greater Glory
The Avengers
History Channel miniseries Hatfields and McCoys

Currently watching:

HBO miniseries John Adams.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I recorded it.:D

It'll be on again.
Maybe I'll catch it next time.
desismileys_4368.gif

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Drat. I meant to record that to watch, but I forgot about it.

We enjoyed it. Try and see it when you can.

I recall reading, (compiling this from two sources) that so many who settled in the South were Celtic in ancestry, and because of that ancestry had avery strong sense of honor inherent, which in the defending of it, made this sort of feud more likely. They also had a fierceness in battle which was made manifest by the researching of the U.S. military's battle commendations which showed the higher likelihood that they would be awarded to a soldier from the South.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We enjoyed it. Try and see it when you can.

I recall reading, (compiling this from two sources) that so many who settled in the South were Celtic in ancestry, and because of that ancestry had avery strong sense of honor inherent, which in the defending of it, made this sort of feud more likely. They also had a fierceness in battle which was made manifest by the researching of the U.S. military's battle commendations which showed the higher likelihood that they would be awarded to a soldier from the South.
That's very interesting, Annabenedetti.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Hobbit parts 1 and 2, and Skyfall. Since Skyfall is moving forward again.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
Saw recently:

For Greater Glory
The Avengers
History Channel miniseries Hatfields and McCoys

Currently watching:

HBO miniseries John Adams.

What did you think of For Greater Glory? I saw it yesterday. It was a sad piece of history I had never heard of before.
One of the stars who is Mexican said he had never heard of it until someone asked him if he would be in the movie.

Quincy

So, not the Cher movie, then?

I only know this because it was one of Christina Ricci's first movies. I was a big fan of hers after The Addams Family and watched all of her movies that I could.

Nah, it was a fake documentary on Animal Planet that I am sure some people out there truly believe. Hey maybe there are some unknown creatures in the depths but I don't believe this documentary.