ECT glorydaz says that Romans is Written to Unbelievers

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You are totally confused as usual. I never said that the "they" at Romans 10:14 is referring to believers.According to you the tenth chapter of Romans is addressed to unbelievers. And when addressing someone you say, "You did this or you did that." But here we see that Paul is not using the pronoun "you" when referring to unbelievers at all:

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Ro.10:14).​

If Paul was addressing these unbelievers then he would address them in the following way:

"How then shall you call on him in whom you have not believed? and how shall you believe in him of whom you have not heard? and how shall you hear without a preacher?"

That is not what Paul wrote so it is obvious that He was not addressing the unsaved.

Poor glorydaz doesn't even know what it means to address someone.

Oh my, you said Romans 10:9-10 was addressed to believers, it seems you don't know how to address someone.

is this written to believers or unbelievers?

Romans 10:9-10
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

It is addressed to believers. If it was addressed to unbelievers then Paul would have used the pronoun "you" instead of "they":

God's Truth

Agreed.. he later goes into that.

But it is always easy to forget what originally saved us.

Works are the evidence of faith... you do works because of what you have become... not because you are trying to merit something. When you do works you expect nothing in return from your fellow man or God.

Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Dead faith cannot save anyone.

glorydaz

You are totally confused as usual. I never said that the "they" at Romans 10:14 is referring to believers.According to you the tenth chapter of Romans is addressed to unbelievers. And when addressing someone you say, "You did this or you did that." But here we see that Paul is not using the pronoun "you" when referring to unbelievers at all:

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Ro.10:14).​

If Paul was addressing these unbelievers then he would address them in the following way:

"How then shall you call on him in whom you have not believed? and how shall you believe in him of whom you have not heard? and how shall you hear without a preacher?"

That is not what Paul wrote so it is obvious that He was not addressing the unsaved.

Poor glorydaz doesn't even know what it means to address someone.

I know the difference between those who are saved and those who need to believe. :juggle:

Jerry Shugart

I hate to put Jerry in that category, but I'm very disappointed in his efforts of late.

I am disappointed in glorydaz lately. She argues and argues the meaning of the Scriptures then when I ask her to give me her interpretation of the meaning of this verse she is unable to do it:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

If she cannot understand the meaning of that verse nothing she says about any verse can be trusted.

Jerry Shugart

Oh my, you said Romans 10:9-10 was addressed to believers, it seems you don't know how to address someone.

Of course you jerk that verse out of its context and then run and hide from my explanation. Let us look at what is said here in the context:

"But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Ro.10:8-9).​

He is telling these believers what he preaches to the unsaved--"the word of faith which we preach." After all, this epistles is written to those who already believe, as witnessed by what Paul said about their faith:

"First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world" (Ro.1:8).​

If the epistle is also addressed to unbelievers then why doesn't say that they are in his salutation?

Did he just forget to mention them?:

"To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ" (Ro.1:7).​

Here glorydaz attempts to make the epistle refer to unbelievers as well as believers:

You only show your ignorance when you make the claim that everyone being addressed is a believer. "All that be in Rome". That means anyone who hears the letter being read.

She fails to understand that the words which follow qualifies exactly who in Rome is being addressed:

"To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ" (Ro.1:7).​

This is just another example where glorydaz plays it fast and loose with the Scriptures.

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I am disappointed in glorydaz lately. She argues and argues the meaning of the Scriptures then when I ask her to give me her interpretation of the meaning of this verse she is unable to do it:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

If she cannot understand the meaning of that verse nothing she says about any verse can be trusted.

She doesn't making lying threads, and then try to keep lying so bad that she will deny whats evident in scripture to keep doing it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Of course you jerk that verse out of its context

Like you just did, by taking my post from context, thanks for this thread, it reminded me of why i usually never ever have a conversation with you, i wouldn't have now, but wanted to correct your lying thread since it dealt with my friend being slandered or i would have ignored it like i ignore all your other threads.

Bye now, ive done what i came here to do.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Have any of you Dispensationalists besides Jerry actually read Romans 10?

(Rom 10:1) Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.

Romans 10 is written to believers (Brothers and sisters)

Paul is talking about "the Israelites"

Paul asks a rhetorical question in verse 8

(Rom 10:8) But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:

In verse 9 Paul affirms the message of faith that believers proclaim:

Nowhere in the book of Romans is Paul addressing unbelievers, especially chp 10

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, I'm doing well. How are you doing, john weenie?

Lacking a bit of confidence, in your manhood, are you,Jerry Spam, because I hurt your feelings,exposed you for the condescending blowhard that you are, always right, "backed by" spam, so you resorted to zinging me with that "weenie" original stumper? Weighty. Anything else on your mind? Let go...release yourself....free yourself....

And that is saint John Weanie to you, rummy-show some respect.

glorydaz

Have any of you Dispensationalists besides Jerry actually read Romans 10?

(Rom 10:1) Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.

Romans 10 is written to believers (Brothers and sisters)

Paul is talking about "the Israelites"

Paul asks a rhetorical question in verse 8

(Rom 10:8) But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:

In verse 9 Paul affirms the message of faith that believers proclaim:

Nowhere in the book of Romans is Paul addressing unbelievers, especially chp 10

I hate to see grown men outsmart themselves this way.

"The word of faith which we preach....."

Who do those "brethren" preach this word of faith to?

Other believers or unbelievers? Come on, boys, use that old noggin of yours. This isn't a trick question.

Romans 10:8-11 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jerry Shugart;4355346[B said:
]I never said that she lied[/B]. I challenge you to quote me saying that she lied.

it's the impression i got, but anyway -

Code:
[B]from jerry - quote [/B]-
"To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, [YELLOW]called saints[/YELLOW]: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ" (Ro.1:7).

called to be saints, jerry -

Romans 1:7 KJV -

glorydaz

No, I wasn't "unable" to. I told you I didn't know what you were looking for by asking for my "interpretation". I figured you were trying to trap me, so I told you I didn't know what you were expecting. Something to do with whether Jews ended up on earth or in heaven is what I suspected. I've seen you pontificating on that in other threads.

But, I still don't see why that verse needs some mysterious "interpretation". Whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Seems pretty clear, but where is the sacrifice for sins and the "blood" in that verse? You insist since it isn't spelled out in Romans 10, it isn't the Gospel. Odd how you refuse to give your interpretation. Is that because you will be proven to contradict yourself when someone insists your give YOUR "interpretation" OR will you just argue about the word "whosoever". Is "whosoever" every man or only believers?

It's funny how you keep asking everyone their "interpretation" and no one seems to want to "bite". Your rabid dog reputation precedes you, Jerry. :DK:

So, why don't you give YOUR "interpretation" of that incredibly complicated verse. Come on....put your money where your big mouth is. :)

glorydaz

it's the impression i got, but anyway -

Code:
[B]from jerry - quote [/B]-
"To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, [YELLOW]called saints[/YELLOW]: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ" (Ro.1:7).

called to be saints, jerry -

Romans 1:7 KJV -

Which is an excellent point. It's the Gospel that calls us to "be saints".

To all that be in Rome.....quite the audience.

Beloved of God......God so loved the world.

glorydaz

Like you just did, by taking my post from context, thanks for this thread, it reminded me of why i usually never ever have a conversation with you, i wouldn't have now, but wanted to correct your lying thread since it dealt with my friend being slandered or i would have ignored it like i ignore all your other threads.

Bye now, ive done what i came here to do.

And I thank you for it, Angel. You've now caught the eye of the rabid dog, so I'd watch your back if I were you. ;)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Other believers or unbelievers?

Unbelievers.

You just refuted yourself.

I rarely agree with Jerry Shugart, but he's correct. Romans 10 is addressed to believers.

Read verse 2

(Rom 10:2) For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge.

Paul is sad that the Israelites who reject Christ Jesus have a zeal for God, but tried to build their own righteousness instead of understanding that Christ Jesus is the culmination of the law, and that righteousness is obtained by faith in Christ Jesus, not living by the Law of Moses.