ECT glorydaz says that Romans is Written to Unbelievers

john w

Hall of Fame
Who are you to give me orders?

Already answered. Who are you to spam a question, "Who are you to give me orders?," that was already addressed, Jerry "Spam I Am?"

So there, Jerry "I am always right and am not here to learn, since I have an unteachable spirit" Spam.

Dig, Jerry Spam?

Jerry Shugart

Thats an understatement, in no way does that single phrase state that all of Romans is written to unbelievers.

Tell me brainiac, is this written to believers or unbelievers?

Romans 10:9-10
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

If you rightly say that is adressed to non believers, are you also saying that you believe that all of Romans is written to non believers - certainly not.

You make the same blunder that glorydaz made. She takes the verse out of its context and jumps to the wrong conclusion. Let us look at what is said here in the context:

"But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Ro.10:8-9).​

He is telling these believers what he preaches to the unsaved--"the word of faith which we preach." After all, this epistles is written to those who already believe, as witnessed by what Paul said about their faith:

"First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world" (Ro.1:8).​

Not only that, after Paul explained what He preached to the unbelievers He then calls unbelievers "they" which he would not do if his words are being addressed to unbelievers:

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Ro.10:14).​

If this chapter was addressed to unbelievers then it would read:

"How then shall you call on him in whom you have not believed? and how shall you believe in him of whom you have not heard? and how shall you hear without a preacher?"

That is not what Paul wrote so it is obvious that He was not addressing the unsaved

So yes, i am calling you a liar, that she said all of Romans was written to non believers, you lied about her and what she said, period, which is my guess as to why you didnt quote her post here so everyone could see the context.

Again, I did nothing dishonest and since you cannot read my mind you have no right to say that I lied!

Prove that my intent was dishonest if you want to call me a liar. But short of that you should desist from your accusations.

Demonic actually to do something like that imo.

If anyone is being demonic it is you. I admit that I made mistakes but that does not mean I was being dishonest. And you only assume that I was being dishonest without have any proof that I was.

Why would I be dishonest since I can answer every point which she made? And I have many posts on this forum and I have never been proven to be dishonest so why would I start now? Hold your tongue until you can prove that I was being dishonest. And you will never be able to do that because I was not being dishonest.

john w

Hall of Fame
Of course you isolate that verse because the "context" proves that these words are not addressed to anyone who received the epistle. Let us look at the context:............
but I do know that you do a poor job of understanding what the Bible says............Of course you will just ignore the truth found in my post and you will quote your verses out of context.

Word for word spam, that he spams to almost everyone:"Context...out of context... do a poor job of understanding what the Bible says............Of course you will just ignore the truth"-Jerry Spam

Close this thread, spam master.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You make the same blunder that she made. She takes the verse out of its context and jumps to the wrong conclusion. Let us look at what is said here in the context:

"But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Ro.10:8-9).​

He is telling these believers what he preaches to the unsaved--"the word of faith which we preach." After all, this epistles is written to those who already believe, as witnessed by what Paul said about their faith:

"First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world" (Ro.1:8).​

Not only that, after Paul explained what He preached to the unbelievers He then calls unbelievers "they" which he would not do if his words are being addressed to unbelievers:

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Ro.10:14).​

If this chapter was addressed to unbelievers then it would read:

"How then shall you call on him in whom you have not believed? and how shall you believe in him of whom you have not heard? and how shall you hear without a preacher?"

That is not what Paul wrote so it is obvious that He was not addressing the unsaved

Again, I did nothing dishonest and since you cannot read my mind you have no right to say that I lied!

Prove that my intent was dishonest if you want to call me a liar. But short of that you should desist from your accusations.

If anyone is being demonic it is you. I admit that I made mistakes but that does not mean I was being dishonest. And you only assume that I was being dishonest without have any proof that I was.

Why would I be dishonest since I can answer every point which she made. And I have many posts on this thread and I have never been proven to be dishonest so why would I start now. Holdyour tongue until you can prove that I was being dishonest. And you will never be able to do that.

In no way, anywhere by any stretch of the imagination, did she say all of romans was written to unbelievers. She cited one thing that was certainly adressing non believers.

You were dishonest.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
is this written to believers or unbelievers?

9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Waiting. Explain your answer also.

Jerry Shugart

In no way, anywhere by any stretch of the imagination, did she say all of romans was written to unbelievers. She cited one thing that was certainly adressing non believers.

You were dishonest.

I misunderstood that she was only speaking about the tenth chapter of Romans and not the whole epistle when she said this:

"You SHALL BE SAVED" rules out your claim this is written to believers.

That was an honest mistake that anyone could have made. But according to your opinion I was just being dishonest so you think that gives you the right to assassinate my character. Have you never made an honest mistake?

And do you still think that glorydaz is correct when she said that Romans 10 was addressed to unbelievers? If your answer is "yes" then explain why Paul would call unbelievers "they" if he was addressing unbelievers.

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Still waiting.

Jerry Shugart

I have already answered it and explained my answer. In fact, you quoted my answer in your post #84. Obviously you did not read it because all you are interested in at this point is assassinating my character.

This time I hope you will actually read it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I have already answered it and explained my answer. In fact, you quoted my answer in your post #84. Obviously you did not read it because all you are interested in at this point is assassinating my character.

This time I hope you will actually read it.

No, you didnt answer it, you danced around and answered everything but, you blathering on about isolated scriptures isnt an answer to that question.

Its simple, who is it adressed to, believers or unbelievers?

Easy one word answer.

Jerry Shugart

No, you didnt answer it, you danced around and answered everything but, you blathering on about isolated scriptures isnt an answer to that question.

Its simple, who is it adressed to, believers or unbelievers?

It is addressed to believers. If it was addressed to unbelievers then Paul would have used the pronoun "you" instead of "they":

Again, if Paul would have been addressing unbelievers he would not be referring to them as "they" but instead as "you":

That is not what Paul wrote so it is obvious that He was not addressing the unsaved.

This is so simple and if you cannot understand it then you need to take a refresher course in "pronouns."

glorydaz

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

It is addressed to believers. If it was addressed to unbelievers then Paul would have used the pronoun "you" instead of "they":

Again, if Paul would have been addressing unbelievers he would not be referring to them as "they" but instead as "you":

That is not what Paul wrote so it is obvious that He was not addressing the unsaved.

This is so simple and if you cannot understand it then you need to take a refresher course in "pronouns."

Poor Jerry. First he claims the above text has nothing to do with the Gospel and now he's so desperate to be right that he's claiming "they" is talking about the saved because the "you" don't believe. Talk about a "refresher course in pronouns", Jerry needs a refresher course in reading comprehension.

So, you've changed your OP, and you've dropped the claim that the verse above is talking about believers receiving their new bodies. But you're now admitting the Gospel is there in Romans 10, so I guess I should count that progress. :chuckle:

john w

Hall of Fame
Poor Jerry. First he claims the above text has nothing to do with the Gospel and now he's so desperate to be right that he's claiming "they" is talking about the saved because the "you" don't believe. Talk about a "refresher course in pronouns", Jerry needs a refresher course in reading comprehension.

So, you've changed your OP, and you've dropped the claim that the verse above is talking about believers receiving their new bodies. But you're now admitting the Gospel is there in Romans 10, so I guess I should count that progress. :chuckle:

I assess that JerrySpam is a bit perplexed, frustrated, that most are ignoring him on the circuit, or is just bored, and thought, "Well, maybe I'll start a thread, to raise my visibility, and direct it towards a saint, instead of a wolf(ette), to raise the 'visibility quotient' further."

He ought to be ashamed of himself, apologize to you, D of G, close the thread, or ask Knight to purge the thread.

Or "lighten up," and get drunk, on a few "high balls."

glorydaz

I assess that JerrySpam is a bit perplexed, frustrated, that most are ignoring him on the circuit, or is just bored, and thought, "Well, maybe I'll start a thread, to raise my visibility, and direct it towards a saint, instead of a wolf(ette), to raise the 'visibility quotient' further."

He ought to be ashamed of himself, apologize to you, D of G, close the thread, or ask Knight to purge the thread.

Or "lighten up," and get drunk, on a few "high balls."

Could be the problem already. He mentioned I'd quoted Hebrews and I haven't quoted Hebrews in quite some time. Course, he may have purged that by now, too.

Jerry turned his "attention" on me because I agreed with something another poster had said. He took that very personally. He turned on me like a rabid dog....."And YOU......who claim you never sin...." Which, of course, is not EXACTLY the truth. Just like it wasn't the truth that I claimed the entire epistle to the Romans was written to unbelievers. Sadly, it reminds me of God's UNtruth who claims we say obeying is wrong, or IMJ claiming we claim a license to sin. I hate to put Jerry in that category, but I'm very disappointed in his efforts of late. :sigh:

Jerry Shugart

Poor Jerry. First he claims the above text has nothing to do with the Gospel and now he's so desperate to be right that he's claiming "they" is talking about the saved because the "you" don't believe.

You are totally confused as usual. I never said that the "they" at Romans 10:14 is referring to believers.According to you the tenth chapter of Romans is addressed to unbelievers. And when addressing someone you say, "You did this or you did that." But here we see that Paul is not using the pronoun "you" when referring to unbelievers at all:

If Paul was addressing these unbelievers then he would address them in the following way:

Poor glorydaz doesn't even know what it means to address someone.