ECT glorydaz says that Romans is Written to Unbelievers

HisServant

Faith alone is dead.

Agreed.. he later goes into that.

But it is always easy to forget what originally saved us.

Works are the evidence of faith... you do works because of what you have become... not because you are trying to merit something. When you do works you expect nothing in return from your fellow man or God.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Agreed.. he later goes into that.

But it is always easy to forget what originally saved us.

Works are the evidence of faith... you do works because of what you have become... not because you are trying to merit something. When you do works you expect nothing in return from your fellow man or God.

then why call them works ? -

Jerry Shugart

When, in fact, I was referring to this passage in Romans 10.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.​

Of course you isolate that verse because the "context" proves that these words are not addressed to anyone who received the epistle. Let us look at the context:

"But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Ro.10:8-9).​

He is telling these believers what he preaches to the unsaved--"the word of faith which we preach." Afterall,this epistles is written to those who already believe, as witnessed by what Paul said about their faith:

"First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world" (Ro.1:8).​

Not only that, after Paul explained what He preached to the unbelievers He then calls unbelievers "they" which he would not do if his words are being addressed to unbelievers:

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Ro.10:14).​

If this chapter was addressed to unbelievers then it would read:

"How then shall you call on him in whom you have not believed? and how shall you believe in him of whom you have not heard? and how shall you hear without a preacher?"

That is not what Paul wrote so it is obvious that He was not addressing the unsaved. I do not know how you come up with such wild ideas but I do know that you do a poor job of understanding what the Bible says.

Of course you will just ignore the truth found in my post and you will quote your verses out of context.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Jerry obviously Paul is addressing believers. Calling out glorydaz in a separate thread seems more than rebuking.

She needs to learn to stop making up things in order to defend her blunders. She also said that unbelievers are being addressed at 1 John 1 so now is the time to expose her false teaching. Otherwise, it will never end.

john w

Hall of Fame
She needs to learn to stop making up things in order to defend her blunders. She also said that unbelievers are being addressed at 1 John 1 so now is the time to expose her false teaching. Otherwise, it will never end.

You need to close this thread, and your spams, such as "defend blunders...to expose false teaching."

glorydaz

They had forgotten that and need to be reminded. They were also spreading wrong beliefs to others.

In essence, they were preaching another Gospel which Paul needed to stop.

Were you truly unable to comprehend the beginning of that chapter?

You just proved my point. Thank you very much. Paul was speaking of the Gospel. I never said one thing about the ENTIRE LETTER. That was Jerry's lie.

You say believers are being reminded of the Gospel. Whether it's unbelievers who hear and believe or (as you think) believers who must be "reminded", either way the "beginning of that chapter" has nothing to do with my OP on Romans 10.

Jerry Shugart

You owe her an apology, you lied about what she said. Blatant lie.

If you want to accuse me of lying then give your evidence. Just because you say that I lied means nothing.

Did she not say that the epistles to the Romans was addressed to unbelievers. Perhaps you agree with her?

Jerry Shugart

When, in fact, I was referring to this passage in Romans 10.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.​

Of course you isolate that verse because the "context" proves that these words are not addressed to anyone who received the epistle. Let us look at the context:

"But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Ro.10:8-9).​

He is telling these believers what he preaches to the unsaved--"the word of faith which we preach." Afterall,this epistles is written to those who already believe, as witnessed by what Paul said about their faith:

"First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world" (Ro.1:8).​

Not only that, after Paul explained what He preached to the unbelievers He then calls unbelievers "they" which he would not do if his words are being addressed to unbelievers:

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Ro.10:14).​

If this chapter was addressed to unbelievers then it would read:

"How then shall you call on him in whom you have not believed? and how shall you believe in him of whom you have not heard? and how shall you hear without a preacher?"

That is not what Paul wrote so it is obvious that He was not addressing the unsaved. I do not know how you come up with such wild ideas but I do know that you do a poor job of understanding what the Bible says.

Of course you will just ignore the truth found in my post and you will quote your verses out of context.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If you want to accuse me of lying then give your evidence. Just because you say that I lied means nothing.

Did she not say that the epistles to the Romans was addressed to unbelievers. Perhaps you agree with her?

The evidence is her post, that you failed to include in your op. That alone shows dishonesty. You have just also attempted to lie about me from your vain imagination.

Jerry Shugart

The evidence is her post, that you failed to include in your op. That alone shows dishonesty. You have just also attempted to lie about me from your vain imagination.

Did she or did she not say that the epistle to the Romans was written to unbelievers:

Here are her own words:

"You SHALL BE SAVED" rules out your claim this is written to believers."

Perhaps I didn't get all of what she said exactly right but I was stunned when I read those words of hers. But I did nothing dishonest and since you cannot read my mind you have no right to say that I lied!

Prove that my intent was dishonest if you want to call me a liar. But short of that you should desist from your accusations.

It is you who has vain imagination, not me.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Did she or did she not say that the epistle to the Romans was written to unbelievers:

Here are her own words:

"You SHALL BE SAVED" rules out your claim this is written to believers."

Perhaps I didn't get all of what she said exactly right but I was stunned when I read those words of hers. But I did nothing dishonest and since you cannot read my mind you have no right to say that I lied!

Prove that my intent was dishonest if you want to call me a liar. But short of that you should desist from your accusations.

It is you who has vain imagination, not me.

Thats an understatement, in no way does that single phrase state that all of Romans is written to unbelievers.

Tell me brainiac, is this written to believers or unbelievers?

Romans 10:9-10
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

If you rightly say that is adressed to non believers, are you also saying that you believe that all of Romans is written to non believers - certainly not.

So yes, i am calling you a liar, that she said all of Romans was written to non believers, you lied about her and what she said, period, which is my guess as to why you didnt quote her post here so everyone could see the context.

Demonic actually to do something like that imo.