Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

beloved57

The Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand !2

The Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand !2

Yes, false religions over the world today believe that Jesus Christ was offering the carnal jews a kingdom of the earth, when He Preached the Kingdom of Heaven is near ! Matt 4:17

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

A Kingdom that would again cater to their fleshly lusts to be like other God Forsaken nations Deut 17:14

14 When thou art come unto the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me;

Don't forget the Lord's disposition when giving this people a king as other nations ! Hosea 13:11

I gave thee a king in mine anger, and took him away in my wrath.

God gave Israel after the flesh a king out of Divine Resentment because it was a request that meant they had rejected Him, which was such base ingratitude !

They in this wanted to be conformed to this world, which showed in their hearts this James 4:4

4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

The fact of the matter is that the Kingdom of Heaven that Christ and His Godly forerunner preached Matt 3:2;4:17 was not an Earthly Kingdom !

Please explain how the Kingdom of Heaven meant a earthly kingdom of this world ?

Did not Jesus sate clearly enough Jn 18:36

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

So why would it be here at Matt 4:17 that Christ is offering a earthly kingdom to Israel of the flesh ? Does not the devil speaks of the kingdoms of this world Matt 4:8

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

That depicts the kind of kingdom, israel after the flesh wanted ! That type of Glory ! Deut 17:14

And yet even today, carnal minded believe that's the type Kingdom that God shall establish through Christ, and that is what Christ first came to offer Israel after the flesh !

In fact, false Christianity and carnal minded jews are expecting that sorta kingdom that the devil shews here Matt 4:8 !

Repent, the Kingdom of Heaven is Near ! This one 2 Tim 4:1

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

beloved57

What is inherit righteousness ?

Let me start off by saying this, no man by nature has inherit righteousness, for none are righteous Rom 3:10

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: However there are some by the Grace of God who are made Righteous inherently because of the Obedience of One Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The word made is the greek word kathistēmi:

I.to set, place, put

A.to set one over a thing (in charge of it)

B.to appoint one to administer an office

C.to set down as, constitute, to declare, show to be

D.to constitute, to render, make, cause to be

E.to conduct or bring to a certain place

F.to show or exhibit one's self

i.come forward as

That Inherit Righteousness is the New Birth, the New Creation within, the New Man Constituted here Eph 4:24

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

So its the New Creation, which man is born of or out of Incorruptible Seed 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

That word of as "of incorruptible seed" is the greek word ek and means:

I.out of, from, by, away from, A primary preposition denoting origin (the point whence action or motion proceeds), from, out (of place, time, or cause; literal or figurative

The Incorruptible Seed, is Christ the Word of God, and they have been born out of Him. And this Righteousness Imparted does presuppose Imputed Righteousness as per Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Now those whom God does Impute Righteousness, He follows it up with Imparted Righteousness or the New Birth, He gives the ones with Imputed Righteousness a Nature that corresponds accordingly, and that by New Birth, or New Creation, otherwise men by nature, jew and gentile have no righteousness and are not righteous Rom 3:10

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

beloved57

The Narrow Way !

The Narrow Way !

Matt 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The Narrow way here is God's Election of Grace, for that is the only way through Christ, that a person can be saved ! Few find that way !

beloved57

Repentance toward God !

Repentance toward God !

Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Repentance here is the greek word metanoia:

I.a change of mind, as it appears to one who repents, of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done

What is repentance toward God ?

Repentance here is the greek word metanoia:

I.a change of mind, as it appears to one who repents, of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done

Repentance must be from the Heart. The question is how can anyone who never has been given a New Heart, how can they have Repentance toward God ? How could anyone be obedient to the Command of Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

How can one have Repentance toward God as Per Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Here's the problem, mans heart by nature is described here Rom 2:3-5

3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Yes, O man, our hearts by nature are hard and impenitent. The word impenitent is the greek word ametanoētos:

I.admitting no change of mind, unrepented, impenitent

By nature our hearts are hard as in hardness of heart !

So it does not matter how much you command a natural man to repent towards God, as in Acts 17:30, his heart remains impenitent. Scripture says that we have a heart of stone by nature.

Ezk 11:19

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

The stony heart is the same as the hard impenitent heart of Rom 2:5.

You may object and say that's talking about jews ? It does not matter, its talking about men in the flesh, jews aren't the only ones born of the flesh, so are gentiles ! All men, jew and gentile in the flesh have by nature impenitent and stony hard hearts which cannot Repent toward God.

Now why is it so many in false religion today say they have repentance toward God without having been given a New Heart by New Birth ?

Nanja

beloved57
By nature our hearts are hard as in hardness of heart !

So it does not matter how much you command a natural man to repent towards God, as in Acts 17:30, his heart remains impenitent. Scripture says that we have a heart of stone by nature.

Ezk 11:19

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

The stony heart is the same as the hard impenitent heart of Rom 2:5.

You may object and say that's talking about jews ? It does not matter, its talking about men in the flesh, jews aren't the only ones born of the flesh, so are gentiles ! All men, jew and gentile in the flesh have by nature impenitent and stony hard hearts which cannot Repent toward God.

Indeed. Only once God gives a person a new heart, are they given repentance.
Hence the reason they are commanded to repent, is because Christ has saved them.

Repentance is only given to the Israel of God, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham,
because Christ is their Prince and Saviour

Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with His right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour,
for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

And they are the Sheep Christ died for (John 10:11, 15);
not all the people in the world are His Sheep. Only a very few (Mat. 7:14; Isaiah 1:9).

beloved57
Now why is it so many in false religion today say they have repentance toward God without having been given a New Heart by New Birth ?

1) They falsely teach that there are steps or conditions, repentance being one of them,
that the natural man can perform to get himself saved.

Instead, the Bible declares that salvation is solely by the riches of the Grace of God (Eph. 1:7)
and that it is not given to everyone simply because they accept it by their own freewill.

2) They don't understand that Faith and Repentance are given as a result of Salvation, not a requirement to perform.

3) They don't acknowledge and understand these important verses and how they relate to salvation:

Rom. 8:7-8 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

So, it's impossible for the natural man who is carnal, to perform any action whatsoever that pleases God.

Being given a New Heart means New Life.

God gives the New Heart to His People (Mat. 1:21) whom Christ died for. Only then can their actions please God:

Rom. 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

Indeed. Only once God gives a person a new heart, are they given repentance.
Hence the reason they are commanded to repent, is because Christ has saved them.

Yes, when they repent it manifests as the fruit of His Death. Remember Jn 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

And so every time one repents it causes this reaction in heaven Lk 15:10

10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Whose Joy is it here ?

Rom. 8:7-8 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So, it's impossible for the natural man who is carnal, to perform any action whatsoever that pleases God.

That's a Truth that religionists cannot receive, I preach it here often, I'm sure you know !

Being given a New Heart means New Life.

Yes, also lets look at the word heart here. Its the word kardia :

the heart; mind, character, inner self, will, intention, center.

So these things accompany the New Heart. The New Mind is one of them.

Because with the mind we have by nature with the flesh, Paul writes Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So its with the New Mind and Heart that we become obedient and subject to God with.

Thank You for your comments they are a great blessing !

Nanja

beloved57
That's a Truth that religionists cannot receive, I preach it here often, I'm sure you know !

Oh, yes!

beloved57
And so every time one repents it causes this reaction in heaven Lk 15:10

10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Whose Joy is it here ?

I believe it is these:

Heb. 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Angels are the unseen attendants of the saints of God... an innumerable company of angels who are watchers and protectors of the seed-royal. To what dignity are the chosen elevated when the brilliant courtiers of heaven become their willing servitors! (Spurgeon)

beloved57
Thank You for your comments they are a great blessing !

You're welcome...and it is blessing to me to know that they are!

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

I believe it is these:

Heb. 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Yes True, but notice how it reads, the Joy is in the presence of the Angels ! Lk 15:10

10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence or in their sight of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Nanja

nanja

I believe it is these:

Yes True, but notice how it reads, the Joy is in the presence of the Angels ! Lk 15:10

10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence or in their sight of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Luke 15:4-7 - What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when He hath found it, He layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when He cometh home, He calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Oh yes, I see!
Thank You.

~~~~~

beloved57

Luke 15:4-7 - What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when He hath found it, He layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when He cometh home, He calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Oh yes, I see!
Thank You.

~~~~~

I believe the Joy is Christ's, remember He endured the sufferings for the Joy that was before Him Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

However, no doubt the Angels of God rejoice with Him. He had them protecting them even while they were unconverted I believe. Heb 1:14

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Nanja

I believe the Joy is Christ's, remember He endured the sufferings for the Joy that was before Him Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

However, no doubt the Angels of God rejoice with Him. He had them protecting them even while they were unconverted I believe. Heb 1:14

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Yes, the Joy is Christ's.

Psalm 21:1-2 The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation how greatly shall He rejoice!
Thou hast given Him His heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of His lips. Selah.

Christ's heart's desire is that eternal life would be given to all His Elect Bride as was promised (John 17).

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes, the Joy is Christ's.

Psalm 21:1-2 The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation how greatly shall He rejoice!
Thou hast given Him His heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of His lips. Selah.

Christ's heart's desire is that eternal life would be given to all His Elect Bride as was promised (John 17).

~~~~~

Amen !

beloved57

The Narrow Way ! 2

Matt 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The Narrow way here is God's Election of Grace, for that is the only way through Christ, that a person can be saved ! Few find that way !

Election is that Narrow Way through Christ, Jesus said here Jn 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He is the Way to Eternal Blessedness, but by means of having been Chosen in Him before the Foundation Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Without having been Chosen in Him before the foundation, there is no way other to Salvation, that makes the way Narrow because as it is written Matt 22:14

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

And since few are Chosen, it makes sense to understand why Jesus says Matt 7:14

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The few here are the few in Matt 22:14

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

That's the Way, Truth, and Life Christ means here Jn 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

But alas, many reject this way by Christ !

beloved57

John 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

In other words, if they were Christ's Sheep they would have believed on Him, because they would have heard His Voice Jn 10:3-4

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Jn 10:26-27

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Now Faith / Believing comes as a result of Hearing His Voice Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The word for word here is Rehma and means I.that which is or has been uttered by the living voice, thing spoken, word

Its the Voice of the Living Word, the Logos they hear Heb 4:12

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The word quick here means living, be alive.

Heb 4:12

12 For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.

And one cannot believe unless they Hear the Gospel [Spiritually], and so when it comes to the Sheep as a word of Salvation, God does open their Spiritual Ears, and He sends someone to Preach the Gospel of Glad Tidings to them Rom 10:13-15

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Paul is speaking about the Sheep here ! The Sheep hear because they have hearing or ears given them by the Spirit, they being Sheep have been Chosen to Salvation 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

But who is it that Hears the Word of Truth, the Voice of Christ, who is the Truth ? Jesus tells us here Jn 18:37

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

But as it is written Rom 10:16

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Jesus tells us why All have not obeyed or Believed . Jn 10:26

Because they were not of God's Sheep or Elect, for they are the same ,synonymous.

Unlike those of 2 Thess 2:13, God has not Chosen them to Salvation through Sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth,

And so it is written of them here Rom 11:8

8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear) unto this day.

That they should not hear, means they they should not believe, for believing cometh by Hearing !

And notice that these here in Vs 8 are those of national Israel who were not of the Election of Grace, that remnant Rom 11:5-7

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Because they were not of the Sheep !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 10:26

In other words, if they were Christ's Sheep they would have believed on Him, because they would have heard His Voice Jn 10:3-4

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Jn 10:26-27

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Now Faith / Believing comes as a result of Hearing His Voice Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The word for word here is Rehma and means I.that which is or has been uttered by the living voice, thing spoken, word

Its the Voice of the Living Word, the Logos they hear Heb 4:12

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The word quick here means living, be alive.

Heb 4:12

12 For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.

And one cannot believe unless they Hear the Gospel [Spiritually], and so when it comes to the Sheep as a word of Salvation, God does open their Spiritual Ears, and He sends someone to Preach the Gospel of Glad Tidings to them Rom 10:13-15

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Paul is speaking about the Sheep here ! The Sheep hear because they have hearing or ears given them by the Spirit, they being Sheep have been Chosen to Salvation 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

But who is it that Hears the Word of Truth, the Voice of Christ, who is the Truth ? Jesus tells us here Jn 18:37

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

But as it is written Rom 10:16

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Jesus tells us why All have not obeyed or Believed . Jn 10:26

Because they were not of God's Sheep or Elect, for they are the same ,synonymous.

Unlike those of 2 Thess 2:13, God has not Chosen them to Salvation through Sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth,

And so it is written of them here Rom 11:8

8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear) unto this day.

That they should not hear, means they they should not believe, for believing cometh by Hearing !

And notice that these here in Vs 8 are those of national Israel who were not of the Election of Grace, that remnant Rom 11:5-7

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Because they were not of the Sheep !

confusing format.

beloved57

Whose Heart the Lord Opened !

Whose Heart the Lord Opened !

Acts 16:14

14 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.

Who opens the hearts of men to enable them to receive, embrace, attend to the things of God spoken by Paul, which things were the Gospel, for afterwards she was baptized as those would after hearing and receiving the Gospel.

The word opened is the greek word dianoigō and means:

C.to open the mind of one, i.e. to cause to understand a thing

i.to open one's soul, i.e. to rouse in one the faculty of understanding or the desire of learning

This also means she desired to be a disciple, a learner. This is what Jesus meant in His Commission here Matt 28:19

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

That word teach is mathēteuō:

I.to be a disciple of one

A.to follow his precepts and instructions

II.to make a disciple

A.to teach, instruct

It also means to become a learner. All whom God desires for them to be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth, He sees to it that it is done as here with Lydia, and He opens up their heart to receive the Knowledge of the Truth.

Remember Jesus words here Rev 3:20

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Christ's Sheep do Hear His Voice, His Call. For the picture here is that the knocking is His Voice, His Call to His Sheep and they what Jn 10:3-4

Rev 3:20 is a picture of Christ leading His Sheep out of the Laodicea false religion.

Lydia is also an example of what Jesus meant by this Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

They hear and understand it because God opens their Heart to attend to the things they hear. Again the word open as in opened her heart in Acts 16:14 is the word

dianoigō and means:

C.to open the mind of one, i.e. to cause to understand a thing

i.to open one's soul, i.e. to rouse in one the faculty of understanding or the desire of learning

And no one can Hear and Receive the Gospel unless God first opens their Heart also.

Nanja

beloved57
And no one can Hear and Receive the Gospel unless God first opens their Heart also.

Lydia was of the election of Grace (Rom. 11:5).
Christ opened her heart then she believed!

"as many as were ordained to eternal life believed" (Acts 13:48)

beloved57
It also means to become a learner. All whom God desires for them to be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth, He sees to it that it is done as here with Lydia, and He opens up their heart to receive the Knowledge of the Truth.

Thank God He sends "teachers" to feed His Sheep!

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

Lydia was of the election of Grace (Rom. 11:5).
Christ opened her heart then she believed!

"as many as were ordained to eternal life believed" (Acts 13:48)

Yes, she was an Sheep of His, therefore Jn 10:3-4,16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

beloved57

If our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

If our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them

All men by nature are Lost as in a lost state, being alienated from the Life of God as Per Eph 4:18

having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

This is all men by nature, jew or gentile, black or white, red or yellow, male or female !

In this state, spiritual conversion is absolutely impossible, belief and repentance are impossible, understanding is vital to believing as Per Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

But by nature are understanding is darkened ! Its right there in Eph 4:18 !

In a lost state, no man can understand the things of God, nor can they hear them. I am not speaking about an physical audible hearing, yes we can all naturally hear in that respect unless of course we are physically disabled, but the Hearing I am speaking of is Spiritual and its coupled with Understanding as it states clearly in Matt 13:23 !

We cannot hear nor spiritually understand the Gospel while in a lost state, which is exactly what Paul is teaching in 2 Cor 4:3. All the while any man is in a lost state as described in Eph 4:18 the Gospel is unbelievable, its hid from us, and consequently it is believed not. Yes its hotly debated, but its not believed by the Lost, they cannot believe it because God has ordained that while in a lost state, satan blinds our minds to the Truth.

The only way out of this Lost condition is by means of Divine Intervention in the New Birth, for Jesus say's Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see[understand] the kingdom of God.

Until born again we remain as in Eph 4:18

having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Unless God has purposed to give us New Birth, the condition of all men by nature as Per Eph 4:18 is permanent !