Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

beloved57

Seeking Justification by the deeds of the Law !

Seeking Justification by the deeds of the Law !

Rom 3:20

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Justification by Faith has become a snare to the vessels of wrath, because by it, they seek Salvation, Justification by the Deeds of the Law, by something that must be done by Commandment of God, therefore the Law of God. Faith in the Son is Commanded of God 1 Jn 3:23

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

The Word Commandment here means:

I.
an order, command, charge, precept, injunction
A.
that which is prescribed to one by reason of his office

II.
a commandment
A.
a prescribed rule in accordance with which a thing is done
i.
a precept relating to lineage, of the Mosaic precept concerning the priesthood

ii.
ethically used of the commandments in the Mosaic law or Jewish tradition

2 Pet 2:21

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment G1785 delivered unto them.

We believe this to be a reference to the Faith delivered to the Saints Jude 1:3

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Now lets move on, Faith is of the Law of God, howbeit, one of the more weihteir matters, nevertheless its a thing that is to be a doing the Law of God Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Make no mistake here Jesus clearly states the Faith is one of the more weightier matters of the Law. Now in the Greek, the Word Law has before it the Definite Article :

Οὐαὶ ὑμῖν γραμματεῖς καὶ Φαρισαῖοι ὑποκριταί ὅτι ἀποδεκατοῦτε τὸ ἡδύοσμον καὶ τὸ ἄνηθον καὶ τὸ κύμινον καὶ ἀφήκατε τὰ βαρύτερα τοῦ νόμου τὴν κρίσιν καὶ τὸν ἔλεον καὶ τὴν πίστιν ταῦτα ἔδει ποιῆσαι κἀκεῖνα μὴ ἀφιέναι

Also notice the word faith has the definite Article, which I take to mean the Faith as here stated of the Priests converted here Acts 6:7

And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

The Law of Moses was always to be a guide to the obedience of Faith Gal 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

It reads in the original, but before the Faith came ! They were kept under the Law, the law of Moses.

In Galatians 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

The definite Article is present. So the law of Moses under the Old Covenant was a Commandment to Believe on Christ who was to Come. Moses knew that Deut 18:15-19

15 The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

16 According to all that thou desiredst of the Lord thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.

17 And the Lord said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.

18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

That word hearken in Vs 15 is the word shama:

I.to hear, listen to, obey
A.
(Qal)
i.
to hear (perceive by ear)ii.
to hear of or concerning

iii.
to hear (have power to hear)

iv.
to hear with attention or interest, listen to

v.
to understand (language)

i.
to be heard (of voice or sound)

ii.
to be heard of

iii.
to be regarded, be obeyed

C.
(Piel) to cause to hear, call to hear, summon

Basically it is the Hearing of Faith, the Obedience of Faith

The Hearing of the Faith was a Deed of the Law that should have been Done Matt 23:23.

Now this is crucial to be Understood because many today are claiming Salvation based upon their act of Faith or Believing, not realizing that they are actually claiming Salvation by the doing of the Law, the very thing Paul cautions against here Rom 3:20

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Is anyone guilty of saying or thinking that they are Justified before God by their Act of Faith, of Obedience ? Then Rom 3:20 is for you, because you are seeking Justification by the deeds of the Law !

beloved57

Seeking Justification by the deeds of the Law ! 2

Seeking Justification by the deeds of the Law ! 2

Faith is of the Law. Remember When Jesus told some jews this Jn 8:39

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

The works of Abraham is Faith, that's what He is famous for , The Children of Abraham believe an act of Faith God Gal 3:7,9

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Abraham's Works were Believing, and that's what characterizes the children of Abraham; and Jesus said to the physical seed of Abraham that He was then speaking to Matt 23:23 that believing was that part of the Law they should have done. Now exactly how is it part of God's Law they should have done ? I will show you, for Luke wrote his version of the same encounter, with the same men, and notice what he writes Lk 11:42

42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

But do notice here, instead of faith, he writes that the Love of God should have been done, which is summed up in Matt 22:36-39

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Folks, Faith is intertwined with Love to God, and Our Neighbor, That's the Law, the Law in Matt 22:36 which is the same in Matt 23:23 because both have the definite article. Remember when Paul was converted, he said that the grace abounded to him with Faith and Love ? 1 Tim 1:14

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

So the Love of God in Lk 11:42 and the Faith in Matt 23:23 are the same, or united together, and its the Law. Now conclusion, if we say that we are Justified before God because of our faith, because we did the act of believing, then we seek Justification before God , by the Works of the Law, by which no man will be Justified Rom 3:20

Matt 22:36-39 are deeds of the Law, but remember, God did not give them the Law as a condition of their redemption from Egypt, but because He had redeemed them from Egypt, but nevertheless, Faith and Love to God is the Law !

beloved57

Seeking Justification by the deeds of the Law ! 3

Seeking Justification by the deeds of the Law ! 3

So what is really meant by Justification by Faith as opposed to works and the law ? It lies in this, one is Justified by Faith when their Justification by Christ Lone / His Blood, when that fact is revealed or made known to them See Lk 1:77, He then becomes the object of their Faith, as He alone, for them Kept the Law of God perfectly in their behalf. That He has done that which adam as our head could not do, that He in our behalf obeyed God to the fullest of the law for us, to include bearing our punishment for non conformity to His Law Perfectly in adam and ourselves personally, hence so Justifying us completely before God's Law and Justice forever. That's the True meaning of Justification by Faith, receiving the knowledge of ones eternal acquittal before God, based solely on the merits of Christ obedience Rom 5:19, without us having done nothing to deserve it, by us having done nothing ! Other than that, we Seek Justification by the Works of the Law, which no man shall be Justified. Rom 3:20

beloved57

Jn 18:37

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

He that is of the Truth heareth my voice. Remember that Jesus said who shall hear His voice Jn 10:3,4,16,27; So they that are of the Truth, are the ones hearing Christ's voice, even His Voice in the Gospel calling His Sheep to follow Him, when they are of the Truth. What does that mean of the Truth ? It means when they are of God Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: But now, when are they of God ? It means that when they are born of Him, for He is the Truth and He is God, the Logos or Word of God Jn 1:1.

Its being born of incorruptible Seed 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible [seed], by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Who is this Incorruptible Seed ? Its the Last Adam versus the first adam who proved to be corruptible, but the Last Adam proved to be Incorruptible Ps 16:10

For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. See Acts 2:27.

That's who hears the word of God, those born out of the Word of God, Truth hears Truth, does that not make sense ? When we are born of the Word of God, the living Word of God, then we hear the Preached Word of God for the Salvation of our Souls. Notice that after being born again of incorruptible Seed 1 Pet 1:23, Peter writes Vs 25

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Can we not behold in this the Wisdom of God ?

oatmeal

This is why I believe this is True !

2 Thess 2:1-4

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Isa 14:13-14

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Man's own freewill by far is the most believed and popular religious conviction throughout the whole world. Rev 13:1;5-8

1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It's adherents are linked to all the various denominations, and sects, yes, even the non religious adhere to man's freewill.

So John writes Rev 13:16

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

That is all follow this deadly concept or philosophy of man's freewill !

Free will religion is the man of sin vs. Calvinism, the Devil made me do it!

oatmeal

Please rehearse the points with me made in the post you quoted and then evaded !

I chose to sum up the basic theme of Calvinism

"God made me do it"

Or as is more commonly acknowledged and phrased,

"The Devil made me do it"

The Calvinist god possesses and controls individuals for "redemption" or destruction.

The true God neither possesses nor controls people

oatmeal

This is why I believe this is True !

2 Thess 2:1-4

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Isa 14:13-14

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Man's own freewill by far is the most believed and popular religious conviction throughout the whole world. Rev 13:1;5-8

1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It's adherents are linked to all the various denominations, and sects, yes, even the non religious adhere to man's freewill.

So John writes Rev 13:16

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

That is all follow this deadly concept or philosophy of man's freewill !

You believe the ability to choose is evil because Lucifer and people make bad choices?

There are angels and people who make great choices.

Nanja

beloved57
That's who hears the word of God, those born out of the Word of God, Truth hears Truth, does that not make sense ?

Yes! :) Only those with spiritual life can hear God's Word;
for the spiritual hearing is contingent on being of God.

No one is of God by nature; hence they cannot hear,
nor can they see (John 3:3, 6).

Prov. 20:12 - The hearing ear, and the seeing eye,
the LORD hath made even both of them.

The New Birth precedes the hearing.

The spiritually dead have no ability to understand God's Word,
because His Word is spiritual.

1 Cor. 2 :
v.12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God;
that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

v.13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth,
but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

v.14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

The spiritually dead have no ability to understand God's Word,
because His Word is spiritual.

Yes. John also wrote here Jn 1:5

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Now who was the Light here ? and who is the darkness ? Well I believe that all of us, elect and non elect are by nature the darkness. Paul writes here Eph 5:8

For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

And so in that condition, being darkness, John said of the Light, that darkness comprehended it not. That word comprehended katalambanō:

I.to lay hold of
A.
to lay hold of so as to make one's own, to obtain, attain to, to make one's own, to take into one's self, appropriate

B.
to seize upon, take possession of
i.
of evils overtaking one, of the last day overtaking the wicked with destruction, of a demon about to torment one

ii.
in a good sense, of Christ by his holy power and influence laying hold of the human mind and will, in order to prompt and govern it

C.
to detect, catch

D.
to lay hold of with the mind
i.
to understand, perceive, learn, comprehend

The darkness understood it not, was not able with the mind to lay hold of, to learn, to perceive, the Light of the Gospel of Christ !

Only those of God doeth hear God's Words Jn 8:47

The word heareth akouō:

I.
to be endowed with the faculty of hearing, not deaf

II.
to hear
A.
to attend to, consider what is or has been said

B.
to understand, perceive the sense of what is said

So not until we are of God by New Birth shall we Comprehend the Light Jn 1:5

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

We must be first made Light to comprehend Light. How are we made Light ? Gen 1:1-4

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Its a Creative Work of God to be made Light and divided from the darkness we are by Nature !

beloved57

2 Pet 3:9

Just like 1 Jn 2:2, this verse has been hijacked by the false witnesses of our day, those who reject the Gospel which Tulip Truth represents. They say that this verse 2 Pet 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

They say it means that its not God's will that no man, without exception perishes, but its His Will that they all come to repentance, all men without exception ! But this is a lie, that it is not what the verse teaches or means, for instance, God is willing that some do perish, in fact many He has sent a strong delusion to believe a lie [like its His Will that none without should perish] and they are being as we speak reserved for the day of punishment 2 Thess 2:11-12

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2 Pet 2:9

9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

2 Pet 3:7

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Yes, men that are alive are being reserved for perdition, Like the adversaries of the Gospel to the Philippian Believers Phil 1:28-29

28 And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

That word perdition means:

I.
destroying, utter destruction
A.
of vessels Vessels of wrath fitted for destruction as Per Rom 9:22

II.
a perishing, ruin, destruction
A.
of money

B.
the destruction which consists of eternal misery in hell

Now lets look closely at 2 Pet 3:9. For the deceivers read it as though it says:

"The Lord is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

But that's not what the verse says. Whats missing here ? Its a very key and revealing statement, for it identifies exactly whom it is that God is not willing to let perish.

"but is longsuffering to us-ward"

Its not the whole world without exception denoted here, but those that Peter himself Identifies with, the Uswards ! Now exactly who are they ? Notice 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Its them, those as He has, that have obtained Like Precious Faith with HIM through the Righteousness of God and Our Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ. Its them that Shall come to believe with that Faith in future Generation's before the Second Coming of Christ ! Its them that Peter knew that shall yet believe on Christ through their word. Did not Peter once hear his Saviour pray before him Jn 17:19-20

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their[The Apostles] word;

Now that Faith comes in the New Birth of the Spirit, for its a fruit of the Spirit of Christ Gal 5:22, for that's why its so precious, it comes from the Precious one. That word precious 2 Pet 1:1 is :

I.
equally precious

II.
equally honoured, to be esteemed equal to

Its of the same word that describes how Christ is to them 1 Pet 2:7

7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, See 1 Pet 1:7 also !

This is why God will not suffer them to perish Matt 18:14

14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

The Uswards in 2 Pet 3:9 are these little ones here in Matt 18:14 !

So those who have hijacked the verse 2 Pet 3:9 and teach that it means ,God sincerely wants all mankind to repent and not perish, they are false witnesses, and will soon give in account ! Matt 12:36

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

beloved57

The World of John 3:16

The World of John 3:16

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The World here is a Justified World, a World that God does not impute sin unto 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

It is a World of men and women whom God Loved from all eternity in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Yes, this is the Love of Jn 3:16, it must be !

A Few verses before Paul writes Rom 8:32-34

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Its a world that was Loved by the Father as He Loved His Own Son Jn 17:23-24

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Now if He so Loved men in that manner1 Jn 3:1, then were they in Him [Christ] Eph 1:4-5, and if Christ, they were Justified from condemnation Rom 8:1,33

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Its not even possible to be the Eternal Objects of His Love in Christ Jesus, and not be Justified [in Him] in His Sight.

beloved57

Lost Man cannot believe the Gospel !

Lost Man cannot believe the Gospel !

2 Cor 4:3

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

One of the most obvious reasons given in the scripture as to why natural man cannot believe in Jesus by the Gospel is because by nature he is lost and dead and cannot believe unless he is made alive by the Spirit of God or Born Again, again until then he is dead, dead in trespasses and sins and alienate from the Life of God Eph 4:17-18

17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Remember those lost in 2 Cor 4:3-4 also are while in a lost state blinded by the god of this world Vs 4

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

A Natural man can no more believe the Gospel savingly as could Lazarus could have before Christ raised him up from the dead. Paul writes to the recipients of Sovereign Grace Eph 2:1

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

If a man can believe the Gospel and be saved in a lost state, congratulations, they are their own Saviour !

beloved57

Which things also we speak !

Which things also we speak !

1 Cor 2:13

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

In this particular saying, Paul is referring to the Spirit having been given to us in order that we may know, by the Gospel, the things freely given to us of God !

1 Cor 2:12

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know/understand the things that are freely given to us of God.

That word know is the same word see in Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see or know or understand the kingdom of God.

Its the greek word eidō:

I.to see

A.to perceive with the eyes

B.to perceive by any of the senses

C.to perceive, notice, discern, discover

D.to see

i.i.e. to turn the eyes, the mind, the attention to anything

ii.to pay attention, observe

iii.to see about something

a.i.e. to ascertain what must be done about it

iv.to inspect, examine

v.to look at, behold

E.to experience any state or condition

F.to see i.e. have an interview with, to visit

II.to know

A.to know of anything

B.to know, i.e. get knowledge of, understand, perceive

i.of any fact

ii.the force and meaning of something which has definite meaning

iii.to know how, to be skilled in

C.to have regard for one, cherish, pay attention to (1Th. 5:12)

The Spirit therefore must be given before we can receive the Knowledge of the Truth of the things of God 1 Thess 2:13

For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth,

God is to be thanked if at anytime one receives the Truth of God.

That we may know the things that are freely given us. That's what the Gospel does, it reveals to us the Righteousness of God that has been freely given to us .

The words freely given in 1 Cor 2:12 is charizomai:

I.to do something pleasant or agreeable (to one), to do a favour to, gratify

A.to show one's self gracious, kind, benevolent

B.to grant forgiveness, to pardon

C.to give graciously, give freely, bestow

One of things that God has freely given to us through Christ if He died for us is forgiveness of sins, pardon.

Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

That word forgiveness :

I.release from bondage or imprisonment

II.forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty

This is Freely given to us by or through Christ. Its the Knowledge of Salvation by the forgiveness of sins Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

These are the things which they spoke of in 1 Cor 2:13 and for which reason they have been given the Spirit for in preparation to receive the Spiritual Knowledge of those things.

These are things resulting from Christ Crucified, and the Mysteries of the Cross, things which the Holy Ghost Teacheth, comparing spiritual things with spiritual 1 Cor 2:12-13

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

The word teacheth here is the same word used here Jn 6:45

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

The Gospel being believed is being taught by God. That's what John meant here 1 Jn 2:27

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

1 Cor 2:12 specifically informs us that the Holy Spirit is given to be able to believe the Gospel.

beloved57

Ye believe not because ye are not of my Sheep !

Ye believe not because ye are not of my Sheep !

Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Believing the Truth of the Gospel of Christ, believing on Christ for or because of Salvation, it is not a matter of man's freewill as false teachers say and imply, its a matter of whether or not we belong to His Sheep, the Elect of God. Jesus was responding here one day to those who challenged Him on whether or not He was the Christ of God Jn 10:24-25

24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

Faith or Believing on Christ is the fruit of the Spirit and evidence that God has Chosen us to belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The word belief here in 2 Thess 2:13 is the same word for Faith here Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

All the Sheep are given the Spirit to believe in Christ. Those who are not the Sheep, are not given the Spirit of God and therefore believe not. Now its not man's so called freewill that decides this, but God's Will ! Jn 6:40

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now who Believes on Him ? His Sheep ! Wonder if a person does not believe on Him as Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

"for if ye believe not that I am he"

Then Jesus says plainly Jn 10:26

beloved57

Ye believe not because ye are not of my Sheep !2

Ye believe not because ye are not of my Sheep !2

False teaching of our day tells us that a person becomes a Sheep, or One of the Chosen by believing, but in actuality, it is the other way around, one becomes a believer by having been already one of the Sheep, and if one does not become a believer, its because they were not of the Sheep or the Chosen ones of God. For God has already Chosen His Sheep and then gives the Faith to believe on His Son for all of Salvation , but it must be given as here Jn 6:64-65

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

The same principle is taught here Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Now its not given to all men to believe on Christ, insinuated here Matt 13:11

He answered and said unto them, Because it is given G1325 unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is G1325 not given. G1325

Mark states that they are those without Mk 4:11

And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Those without the Election and Covenant of Grace !

Now lets honestly look at what Jesus says here in Jn 10:26

The order He gives here is extremely important and significant, for if not understood there could be dire consequences !

Now notice, Jesus doesn't say " Ye are not of my Sheep because ye will not believe" as if believing is an condition or an requirement to becoming a Sheep or Elect, but indeed He states the very opposite

"ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep"

That's why Believing on Christ is not a condition, but rather a fruit or evidence that one is already numbered in the Elect/Sheep.

And this is comparable to Jesus words here Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

The reason why they don't have the Hearing of Faith as Gal 3:2,5

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Is because they are not of God, and do not have His Spirit Rom 8:9

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Without the Spirit of God giving us Ears to Hear in New Birth, there is no Hearing of Faith, but if we are of His Sheep, there will be a Hearing of Faith !

beloved57

The Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand !

The Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand !

Matt 3:1-2

In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matt 4:17

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Folks, The Lord Jesus Christ nor His forerunner the Baptist John preached anything about a earthly Davidic kingdom or king, but that the Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand, Like this one Matt 5:3

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

It was and is a Heavenly Kingdom, with a Heavenly Throne. Christ's Kingdom is Spiritual and Heavenly, not earthly and of this world; In fact, an earthly King and Kingdom was granted Israel after the flesh, out of the wrath and displeasure of God, for it meant that the people had rejected Him as their Heavenly King 1 Sam 8:1-7

And it came to pass, when Samuel was old, that he made his sons judges over Israel.

2 Now the name of his firstborn was Joel; and the name of his second, Abiah: they were judges in Beersheba.

3 And his sons walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment.

4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah,

5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.

6 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the Lord.

7 And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

And in the last days of Samuel, the Man of God among them in Israel, he did again remind them, the people of Israel according to the flesh, of their GREAT WICKEDNESS of theirs for wanting a earthly king, observe 1 Sam 12:17-18

17 Is it not wheat harvest to day? I will call unto the Lord, and he shall send thunder and rain; that ye may perceive and see that your wickedness is great, which ye have done in the sight of the Lord, in asking you a king.

18 So Samuel called unto the Lord; and the Lord sent thunder and rain that day: and all the people greatly feared the Lord and Samuel.
Let it be noticed now, that Israel's request for a king was asked amiss as here James 4:1-4

From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Yet God did grant this wicked request of theirs, however it cannot be mistaken that the request came from ungodly lust and wanting to be like other nations 1 Sam 8:5

And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.

And yet other nations had not the favorable Theocracy they had. Ps 147:19-20

19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.

20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the Lord.

Yet they rejected God for their ungodly lusts 1 Sam 8:7-8

7 And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

8 According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.

God is here equating this their request with Idolatry, Spiritual adultery, just like in James 4:4-5

4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

Folks, Israel's problem with the other nations also was envy, they envied the oppressors ,Prov 3:31

31 Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.

Was not Egypt their greatest oppressor under a King, a pharaoh ? Yet they desired to be as a nation like that !! Out of envy !

And yet today, many in false religion, believe that God through Christ was offering the earthly carnal jews that kind of Kingdom, in the Preaching to them the Kingdom of Heaven was near !