Free Will

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jr

That is something you need to study for yourself. Prove to me you have studied it, then I will give you my understanding. Because I'm not going to be playing bible hopscotch with you and anyone else. I told you that My God predestined every thing, no exceptions!

When a verse says that God did not command something, and it never even crossed his mind that something would happen, and then it does, that makes me think that God could not have known that it would have happened, let alone predestined it. I think its as simple as that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app
Any response?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Calvinism does not claim that at all, in fact Calvinism is still one of the most rigidly conservative theologies on the matter of salvation altogether.

I understand that you might not see what Calvinism entails.

Calvinists do claim that ALL are reprobate and hate God, and while in this state of hate and unbelief, God's Holy Spirit intervenes and causes them to be a believer and saved.

However, it is nowhere in the scriptures, in fact, it goes against the scriptures that say faith is from hearing, being taught, convinced, and persuaded; and that AFTER one has faith and obedience, Jesus chooses to save you.

Calvinism is against all those teachings.

God's Truth

A central truth in Calvinism is that man is unable to choose good without the assistance of grace, and resorts to wickedness when grace is absent.
I know that is what they believe and that is what I said.
Every time God went out of season through biblical history, His people either scattered or became pagan, and otherwise fell deep into sin. The same is true without everything else, even today- as soon as you take God out of anything, sin begins.

That is not the same as saying no one believes in God until He causes them to supernaturally.

God does not cause us to believe in Him supernaturally.

We come to believe in God by hearing the supernatural message.

Therefore, God's providence is what makes men believe and choose good.

Calvinism not only explains the scriptures, but God's relationship with this world all around. It's a complete, irrefutable theology.

I can easily refute Calvinism with scripture.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I understand that you might not see what Calvinism entails.

Calvinists do claim that ALL are reprobate and hate God

It would be very wise of you to cease telling people wrong information about what Calvinists believe. You give incorrect answers regarding Reformed Theology quite often, which is a form of bearing false witness.

Calvinists do not believe all persons are reprobate. All humans are sinners, but not all are reprobate, and it is wrong for any Christian to declare or call another "reprobate" for no one has the right to so judge another as eternally lost.

God's Truth

He saves them that hate Him while they are hating Him Rom 5:10

For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.

You added to God's Word. That scripture is about Gentiles being saved while enemies. I have proven it to you many times that it is about the UNcircumcised Gentiles.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Did you read that?
The Gentiles were dead in their sins because they did not get circumcised and do the other cleaning works the Jews used to have to do.

The Gentiles did not do those things which means they did not come into the covenant with God. That is what made them enemies.

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

Stop adding to the scriptures for they do not say that God saved the Gentiles while they did not believe in Him and even hated Him.

Jesus saving Gentiles while enemies means Jesus did not make them get circumcised before he would save them.

God's Truth

It would be very wise of you to cease telling people wrong information about what Calvinists believe. You give incorrect answers regarding Reformed Theology quite often, which is a form of bearing false witness.

Calvinists do not believe all persons are reprobate. All humans are sinners, but not all are reprobate, and it is wrong for any Christian to declare or call another "reprobate" for no one has the right to so judge another as eternally lost.

You are not speaking the truth about the Holy Bible, and you are not speaking the truth about what John Calvin taught. If you are a spin off from something he taught then I am not interested in your altered beliefs and denial of what CALVIN taught.

If you teach NO ONE can believe in God without a Holy Spirit supernatural intervention---THEN YOU DO TEACH ALL ARE REPROBATE.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God does not cause us to believe in Him supernaturally.

This is another inaccurate answer as to what Calvinists believe and teach.

God the Holy Spirit causes a necessary regeneration of the soul, through His resurrection power, which precedes His gift of faith to believe. Spiritually dead sinners must first be brought to life, before they can hear and believe the Gospel message.

We come to believe in God by hearing the supernatural message.

Yes, but regeneration precedes faith.

I can easily refute Calvinism with scripture.

You cannot refute the Lord's teaching found in John 3:1-8. And you should stop trying . . .

beloved57

You have dis-fellowshipped me from yourself. So I will make a final statement towards you. If God humbled Himself before mankind and bled for us, was called a whine-bibber and one who kept company with the reprobates of the time, what makes it ok to put so much faith in a dogma that is extra biblical and causes such discord?

You place far too much faith in writings and sermons of a dead man.

You will find far more unity and peace in Christ, alone... as in apart from Dogma.

Nothing should be so important from any mans mouth (except Jesus, though He is God, but served us as our fellow man), that you deny with your words that a fellow believer in THE BLOOD is anything but a follower of the one true God.

Mans teachings bring chaos and pain.

God brings peace. Even the Sword of God brings peace. The division Jesus brought had nothing to do with any ism. It was all about one four letter L word.

On that note...

Beloved57... Christ forever bless and keep you.

Give me a break!

God's Truth

This is another inaccurate answer as to what Calvinists believe and teach.
Just because you deny the truth does not mean you proved anything.
God the Holy Spirit causes a necessary regeneration of the soul, through His resurrection power, which precedes His gift of faith to believe.

THAT IS A SAVING you denier. And it is what I said!

Spiritually dead people must be brought to life, before they can hear and believe the Gospel message.

Yes, but regeneration precedes faith.

What is wrong with you? That is what I have been saying.

You cannot refute the Lord's teaching found in John 3:1-8. And you should stop trying . . .

God's Truth from the scriptures are disputed by Calvinists, but refuted by the Truth.

God's Truth

It is a sad web of confusion and entrapment for those in Calvinism.

I said plainly that Calvinists believe that no one can believe in God until God first saves them by supernatural means.

Faith is from God, from reading His powerful message, the Bible, the New Testament. It has the powerful message that saves. We do not get faith supernaturally, as many teach, but we get faith in a very human way, from reading the supernatural message!

2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

WE MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD TO HAVE FAITH.

Where does our faith come from? Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED, 2 Corinthians 5:11

God's Truth

Calvinists teach that God supernaturally REGENERATES people with the Holy Spirit to cause them to believe!

Nang is going against my saying that because I say they say it is a saving.

Can we reason together?

Is it not a saving to be regenerated by the Holy Spirit?!

Of course it is!

However, God does NOT save us before we have faith.

God does NOT save UNBELIEVERS.

God does NOT supernaturally cause anyone to believe in Him by first saving/regenerating them.

beloved57

You added to God's Word. That scripture is about Gentiles being saved while enemies. I have proven it to you many times that it is about the UNcircumcised Gentiles.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Did you read that?
The Gentiles were dead in their sins because they did not get circumcised and do the other cleaning works the Jews used to have to do.

The Gentiles did not do those things which means they did not come into the covenant with God. That is what made them enemies.

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

Stop adding to the scriptures for they do not say that God saved the Gentiles while they did not believe in Him and even hated Him.

Jesus saving Gentiles while enemies means Jesus did not make them get circumcised before he would save them.

Lying. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God by His Death while they are enemies, hating and opposing God Rom 5:10

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber