Freak challenges "The Plot" over miracles

Freak

Re: faith famine.....

Re: faith famine.....

Originally posted by freelight

Clete continues to cry, whine, babble, get disgruntled and demand for evidence of miracles.....but will not take the scriptures into account and put his faith in God for all things, including the miraculous (whatever faith shall afford - for the truth of Jesus teaching remains - 'let it be according to your faith') - Jesus taught faith could move mountains, transform events - even if just the size of a mustard seed - but Cletes faith may not even be found under a microscope....until he sees 'proof'. tsk tsk tsk :rolleyes:
You got it!

We walk by faith not by sight! Faith that demands to see physical proof first....IS NOT FAITH! I think Clete needs to discover what the dynamics of faith include.....and that this faith Jesus taught has within it great, if not divine power.
Yep.

Who will Clete believe? Bob or Jesus :confused:
Good question. But it appears he has chosen plot materials over Scripture. That is sad and pitiful. :down:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Theo,

I accept your apology and offer one myself. I should not have allowed myself to get as angry as I did and I certainly should not have allowed it to spill over onto this board. You didn't deserve the brow beating I gave you anyway. I have become increasingly frustrated with Freak’s dishonest handling of this issue and your post was the straw the broke the camels back. I ask for your forgiveness.

It has become increasingly clear that this debate is getting nowhere and is in fact becoming counter productive. I am, therefore, going to let this issue drop for now.
There may be a hand full of questions and assorted loose ends that some of you would like for me to address, if so just say so and I'll give a response.

There is one issue in particular that I have left unattended...

Theo, your web site doesn't give any EVIDENCE! I'm sure it gives plenty of anecdotal personal testimonies but that is not verifiable evidence. I did notice, by the way, that in the pictures sections of the site, all of the before and after pictures that could have documented to some degree the miracles that happened over there were all very conspicuously absent! What's up with that? :think:

Resting in His sufficient Grace,
Clete

Last edited:

Freak

Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

There may be a hand full of questions and assorted loose ends that some of you would like for me to address, if so just say so and I'll give a response.
*sigh* Clete, your refusal to deal with the Scriptural record speaks volumes to your inability to deal with the truth. But, I'll try again to get you focused on truth.

There is one issue in particular that I have left unattended...
Actually you have left alot unattended, namely...

But, to give him the benefit of the doubt let's examine the Biblical foundations for why we believe miracles are for today...

First of all, we know in the Holy Scripture that it declares that spiritual gifts, which includes the gift of miracles, are given to serve the Body of Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:7

Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.

1 Corinthians 14:26

What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church.

To equip people to share the gospel.

Matthew 10:19,20

But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Luke 4:18

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,"

1 Corinthians 2:13

This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

To show God's compassion and concern for His people.

Matthew 14:13-14

When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns. 14When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.

Matthew 20:29-34

As Jesus and his disciples were leaving Jericho, a large crowd followed him. Two blind men were sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was going by, they shouted, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!"
The crowd rebuked them and told them to be quiet, but they shouted all the louder, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!"
Jesus stopped and called them. "What do you want me to do for you?" he asked.
"Lord," they answered, "we want our sight."
Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed him.

Mark 1:40-42

A man with leprosy came to him and begged him on his knees, "If you are willing, you can make me clean."
Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cured.

Nowhere in Scripture are we told this gift was taken away from the church.

In fact we are told the gift of miracles is given to the Body...

Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant. You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.
There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.
Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.

Secondly, at least six times in Paul’s writings he either commands Christians to follow his example as he follows Christ’s example, or he approves of those who follow his example (1 Cor. 4:16-17; 11:1; Phil. 3:17; 4:9; 1 Thess. 1:6; 2 Thess. 3:9). Paul did not make a distinction between those elements in his life that were miraculous and those that are not viewed as miraculous. Paul copied Christ. Christ had miraculous elements in his life, and so did Paul. Clete, are we only to imitate those nonmiraculous elements in the lives of Jesus and Paul? Are they simply to be examples for moral living but not for miraculous ministry? Paul makes no such distinction when he exhorts us to imitate him.

Thirdly, God's Word tells us that miracles have a divine purpose that God promises will be carried out:

...how shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him. God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

God says He uses miracles to testify, to confirm of His goodness, His glory, His salvation. Who are you to tell us God doesn't have a purpose for miracles when in fact He does? If He gave His Body the gift of miracles, which He has, then it is safe to say He still performs miracles. This despite what you personally believe.

Clete, Theo, Godrulz, and myself have all shared (along with several other posters) our personal encounters with miracles. I have witnessed hundreds of miracles. Hundreds of people being healed and delivered from demons. You reject my testimony, you reject theo's and you reject Godrulz's. So, we now turn to the Biblical record which is clearly in our favor. Now, we ask you to deal with the reality of God's Word on this subject...

Last edited:

theo_victis

Clete-

apology accepted..... i guess i understand to a degree. I have done the same thing before.

okay...

a quote from you-

"I did notice, by the way, that in the pictures sections of the site, all of the before and after pictures that could have documented to some degree the miracles that happened over there were all very conspicuously absent! What's up with that?"

There are two reasons:

1. we didnt have cameras every where we went. We often left them in our mission home because we would have a lot of other stuff to carry.

2. I dont think we ever thought that we would need to ever prove the miracles we saw... or atleast i didnt. Plus that wasnt all of our pictures. But i doubt that any of my teammates would have taken a picture of any the miracles we saw like before and after photos. Because we didnt know that there would be a miracle in the first place so before and after pictures werent thought of....

i know this isnt what you wanted to hear though but thats the truth.

another qoute from you:

"Theo, your web site doesn't give any EVIDENCE! I'm sure it gives plenty of anecdotal personal testimonies but that is not verifiable evidence."

i never said that iit was solid proof but the best evidence i had. That was what you asked for any ways... names, places, other witnesses. Something like that. I dont have pics of those though. But dont you think that it strengthens what i claimed by having others back me up??????

thanks... and the debate isnt over until you change your mind.

theo_victis

"Nope, this is definitely not Freak! "

thanks.......

Everybody probably wants evidence though, you know like birthcertificates, dna samples, and fingerprints. lol

Just kidding....

theo_victis

"Theo, Godrulz, and myself have all shared (along with several other posters) our personal encounters with miracles. I have witnessed hundreds of miracles. Hundreds of people being healed and delivered from demons. You reject my testimony, you reject theo's and you reject Godrulz's. So, we now turn to the Biblical record which is clearly in our favor. Now, we ask you to deal with the reality of God's Word on this subject... "

amen brother!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by theo_victis
Something like that. I don’t have pics of those though. But don’t you think that it strengthens what I claimed by having others back me up??????

Not with out solid independent verifiable evidence. Testimonies from people who are already convinced isn't evidence of anything except that they believe.
Not that I'm trying to be insulting, its just that people are so easily tricked! For example, there are those little bracelets that have two different metals in them that are supposed to remove "negative ions" or something like that from your body when the two "specially designed" ends of the bracelet are positioned correctly on the wrist. MILLIONS of poor saps have spent their hard earned money on this fraudulent product and most of them would swear on a stack of Bibles that it helps them. The fact is that the bracelet itself does absolutely nothing! It is their belief that that it helps that causes them to think that it actually does. The bracelet could just as easily be made of fossilized dog poo and their experience would be the same.
The point is the despite the anecdotal testimony of hundreds of individuals, the fact still remains that when tested (double blind scientific testing) it has been shown over and over again that nothing is really happening, it all in their heads.
Now I know that this idea will be insulting to you but I can't help that. Sometimes the truth just has to be put out there and the chips allowed to fall where they may. The fact is that the absence of photographic evidence of the miracles you believe you've witnessed is more than coincidental, it is universally the case. There is not even one single photograph in existence that documents any physical miracles. You don't have any because there aren't any to have!
If I am wrong, show me. But I'll bet you can't

By the way, you might find the book Charismatic Chaos by John MacArthur interesting. It addresses this issue of group psychology in this specific context.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

Freak

Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

Sometimes the truth just has to be put out there and the chips allowed to fall where they may. The fact is that the absence of photographic evidence of the miracles you believe you've witnessed is more than coincidental, it is universally the case.
There are quite a few photographic materials one can present as evidence. But, we are beyound that at this point. You simply reject everything we present, because of your unholy bias, so that is why the decision was made to get you focused on the truth--God's Word and the testimony of Jesus Christ regarding this topic. Let's deal with the truth of the biblical record. What do you say?

There is not even one single photograph in existence that documents any physical miracles.
Fallacy. But if you'd like to be in darkness then that is your decision. You're a human with free will. There are many evidences for physical miracles namely the biblical record.

You don't have any because there aren't any to have!
If I am wrong, show me. But I'll bet you can't
:crackup: What a joke! You're still on this evidence trip. We have elevated this issue to the evidence as found in the biblical record which supercedes all the other evidences out there. Your pathetic responses to God's Word regarding this issue is telling. You can't respond because God's Word is so clear in favor of our position that you simply resort to a smoking screen--your call for physical evidence.

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
Drbrumley – You said
1Way,

I have been meaning to ask you. I notice you live in Indiana. Is your name Dustin or AOL handle Dustin by chance? I met a man on AOL sometime ago and we talked alittle and he knew Bob when Bob did his show from Indiana. Just curious.

In Christ,
DRBrumley
Nope, I am not he, and I don’t know any Dustin. Sorry for taking so long to get back with you. Bob’s shows were a blast. It was so bizarre to watch the liberals and hypocrites and such call in and display the gross national product. Sometimes the look on Bob’s face was just priceless as he’d encounter the wildest most contradictory and inane comments. I always thought that Bob could have used more special effects incorporated into his shows, live one’s like a foot pedal operation or something like that for the old “boing” “bounce” “surprise” sound, a “koo koo” clock sound, a just drifting off into sleep “snoring” sound, a door shutting or slamming sound, etc. and perhaps some video snippets too, maybe some of them silent like they are showing what is going on in the mind of Bob as he hears this kind of “stuff”.

He wasn’t that much of a shock jock, the call in audience was the shock element. Harshly and astutely confronting and condemning wickedness and false teachings is a somewhat “in your face” disturbing event. So there was often a shock value especially for those who are nicer and smarter than God. But to me, it was just refreshing to see someone on the “tube” who actually stood up for truth and righteousness and without promoting so much false and contradictory nonsense.

Last edited:

theo_victis

Clete-

okay, now i just think your dumb.

I dont even care if you believe in miracles anymore.

Dont you know that the United States Gov. recognizes testimonies in a court of law??????

i know that doesnt satisfy you but.......nothing seems to.

Freak

Originally posted by 1Way
...and perhaps some video snippets too, maybe some of them silent like they are showing what is going on in the mind of Bob as He hears this kind of “stuff”.
Bold emphasis is mine. Do you normally captalize He when speaking of Bob. Figures.

So there was often a shock value especially for those who are nicer and smarter than God.
Bob Enyart jr in the making. :rolleyes:

Freak

Freak = swallow a camel and strain out a nat.

...and perhaps some video snippets too, maybe some of them silent like they are showing what is going on in the mind of Bob as He hears this kind of “stuff”.

:darwinsm: Will you make the correction. I thought He in the middle of a sentance is reserved for Deity. Am I wrong?

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
Theo_victis - Right, as though preserving a biblical standard for matters of faith is asking too much. Clete has presented his case in any way but dumb.

As to the US gov and it's courts, who cares what it recognizes? It's not a “justice system”, it's, “just a system”, and one that is broke all the way to its foundation.

A little less subjective personal cut downs, a little more concrete reasonable argumentation, if you will.
:D

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by theo_victis

Clete-

okay, now i just think your dumb.

I dont even care if you believe in miracles anymore.

Dont you know that the United States Gov. recognizes testimonies in a court of law??????

i know that doesnt satisfy you but.......nothing seems to.

Nothing short of verifiable evidence will satisfy me! Even a court of law would not except the testimony of a witness who's testimony was completely unsubstantiated by any corroborating evidence whatsoever! Do you really think that a judge would even allow a case to go to court based on the flimsy evidence that you and Freak have presented on this thread? Give me a break? All I've asked for is a single piece of verifiable evidence and you guys haven't even been able to come up with that! Never mind coming up with anything that resembles an undeniable miracle!
And that is my entire point! You guys go around making Christians look like idiots to the whole unbelieving world by calling nearly everything that happens a miracle and then when someone (especially a fellow believer) asks you to prove that what you say is happen is in fact actually happening you can't do anything but accuse them of a lack of faith while at the same time defending miracles as a great way of producing faith in people.
Well if miracles produce so much faith and I am lacking so badly in it then show me a freaken miracle then! Oh but it doesn't work that way, does it? How convenient for you! Miracles apparently only produce faith in those who already believe in them but never when people actually want to walk away with something substantive to show for having been there when one of these miracles happened. As I have asked before, what the heck good does it do anyone to experience a miracle that leaves no trace of it ever having happened in the first place?
Show me a person who was blind and can prove that they were blind and that now has 20/20 vision.
Show me a person who had one leg and can prove that they only had one leg and now has two perfectly functioning legs.
Show me a person who was deaf and can prove that they were deaf who can now hear perfectly without the use of any technology but simply with there own two ears.
Oral Robert, Benny Hinn, Reihard Bonnke, and even Paul Crouch have all claimed to have either performed or been witness to such miracles but nobody is ever able to prove it! In fact there are people who spend their full time trying to verify miracle claims and who offer large monetary rewards for presenting verifiable proof of even a single miracle and they come up empty handed! Benny Hinn even claimed to have raised some lady from the dead and eventually had to retract his claim because it was proven that he was totally making it up! Which is of course no surprise, that's the result you get every single time that you try to investigate a miracle story. If there are enough details to even launch an investigation in the first place, you always end up with the same answer. It didn't happen the way the miracle worker said it did.
You call me dumb all you want but it you that has to sleep at night wondering why nobody anywhere has ever been able to put people like me who ask hard nosed questions in our place. It is you that must wrestle with the notion that every miracle that the Creator God performs in modern times is hidden under a bushel! It's you that have no answer to questions like… Why doesn't God perform public, undeniable, supernatural miracles for the world to see?
Why not during the Super Bowl or on the Senate floor for all to see and be convicted by? Why only after the offering plate has been passed?
Why?
Think about it!

Resting in His sufficient Grace,
Clete