ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey! I'd like to be in on that!

I believe that the whole Bible is GOD-breathed and is for us but all the Bible is not to us, meaning, for one thing, that all that GOD has commanded in the Bible to different people or peoples has not been commanded specifically to me and that GOD does not hold me accountable for those things.

Yep, my friend.

Jerry Shugart

IMJ just reported us for not believing in ALL of the Bible. I thought she would! That's ridiculous.

Do you think that the Jews who lived under the Law were saved by faith alone?:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

heir

TOL Subscriber
I bake an excellent pie, thank you. I'm not a troublemaker at all. I am a member of the Body of Yeshua who is struggling to understand your POV and your necessity to dismiss parts of Scripture that you don't think are for you when, indeed, all of God's Word is for us.
There is a difference between "for" and "to"! All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable...(2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). The Bible means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It's all written FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV), but it's not ALL written TO us or about us. How many times do you need to be shown that the Lord in M, M, L and John was not sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24 KJV) as a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers (Romans 15:8 KJV)? We Gentiles at that time were without hope and without God in the world and the King James Bible tells us why (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

Paul is the chosen vessel of the Lord where we are concerned given the dispensation of the grace of God to us-ward (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV). We follow him in doctrine (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV). You don't have to like it, but that's how it is.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
For instance when Yeshua stated that we must forgive in order to be forgiven. That statement falls right in line with Yeshua's parable of the sower and Paul's words that we reap what we sow.
No, it doesn't. We were never told

Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

We're told we're forgiven all trespasses already, no strings (ifs) attached!

Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

You want to make mud pie out of the word of God which creates confusion and we know God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33 KJV).

2 Timothy 2:15!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, it doesn't. We were never told

Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

We're told we're forgiven all trespasses already, no strings (ifs) attached!

Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

You want to make mud pie out of the word of God which creates confusion and we know God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33 KJV).

2 Timothy 2:15!

Amen

Danoh

As the Early Acts events that the Lord foretold in the 2nd half of Matthew 10 unfolded, with that, things ended up with Romans 11:25-27...

Implying the need to rightly divide, or lay out aright, the Scripture in light of a dividing line between Matthew 10:23, or Matthew 24:14, on one side, and Matthew 28:19, on the other.

For, as the Lord had informed that Gentile woman in Mark 7:27 "Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs."

Per the above, said filling of "the children first," now awaited the fulness instead, that Romans 11:25 relates must first take place.

Romans 11:26-27 to take place at some point after what Romans 11:25 describes.

This is why, there is the important need, not only to rightly divide, or lay out aright, the Word of truth, but in light of what that dividing line is.

And even within said practice, there is also the important need to lay things out aright within Scripture as to distinctions between things, even with a same writer.

Acts 1:6, 7 being just one, of many examples of that.

All Scripture is for us, but, not all of it is to us, nor all about us alone.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
All Scripture is for us, but, not all of it is to us, nor all about us alone.

Some is just for the House of Israel alone. (The Kingdom Message) Some is just for the gentiles (The Grace Message)
At least that's the way it was while the Apostles walked the earth. Today, both Jew and gentile are all under the "Grace
Message.") Paul's Gospel, that is.

Danoh

Some is just for the House of Israel alone. (The Kingdom Message) Some is just for the gentiles (The Grace Message)
At least that's the way it was while the Apostles walked the earth. Today, both Jew and gentile are all under the "Grace
Message.") Paul's Gospel, that is.

Ephesians 1:10; Ephesians 3:15

My own understanding is that some aspects of Scripture were and shall be for both corporate Israel's houses in their reign over the nations of the Earth. Distinction between God's Peculiar People: Israel, and the Gentile nations; identified as such by the Law, and thus; why the Law, will once more go forth.

While other aspects of Scripture were and are for the Body of Christ; comprised of both individual Jew and Gentile saved this side of Israel's temporary fall. The Body will reign over the Heavenlies. No distinction between Jew and Gentile. Rather; between the Body, and the Angels the Body will reign over.

I believe I differ on some of this with some of my fellow Mid-Acts brethren on here; but am fine with it. Its why I hardly ever go into it; I don't need to be right. Thus; I only share it to share it, and leave it at that.

Last edited:

glorydaz

"All this I have told you so that you will not go astray." John 16:1 regarding Yeshua's Words to the Disciples as found in John 15.

You mean to the 11 remaining Disciples. Those who had been with Him from the beginning. That isn't you. I know it's hard to accept that you were not there and don't have a clue about what our Lord was talking about when He spoke of the True Vine.

But, since you like to pick out verses where you can read "loss of salvation" where it isn't there, how about you pick one that speaks of what God IS ABLE TO DO instead of what YOU might possibly sorta be able or unable to do? Like this one....

Jude 1:24-25
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.​