ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
How, specifically, do you equate being "wordy" as not like an adult?

If you are still accountable to stand by your comment, would you be willing to show me the exact words or phrases that sound or look "wordy" to you? This would really help me because I am sure I will learn something new.

I depend on solid criticism from others so I can understand how I am coming across to others so I can do something different next time.

I've lost my interest in you. It happens.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We are not required to answer every question put to us. But, if we wish to continue in a dialogue we may occasionally need to make asides or rubrics, if you will, stating boundaries?
Of course we are not required to do anything, save for following the TOL guidelines for commenting. And when every reasonable question is ignored by another poster, I can certainly speculate what might be stopping them from sticking to the subject at hand.

Usually it is because the person does not feel it is useful or comfortable to confront certain questions.

I am glad I have developed a healthy set of boundaries. I no longer accept boorish comments from adolescent-minded posters and can easily protect my dignity and independence.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
anti-Semitic? Jesus said at John 4:22 You worship you know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
That doesn't sound anti-Semitic to me.
A look at the wider historical situation of John's complete gospel may help to clear up your confusion.

I was not referencing any other verse but the one specific one I noted.

There were Jews who did not accept Jesus as either the Messiah or as God and this led to some verbally violent exchanges between the newly-formed group of Jesus' advocates and those normative Jews who wished to remain under the Torah.

John is simply putting his community's anger and insults against Jews back into Jesus' speech to show his readers that his Jesus hates the Jews.

Another telling example of John's anti-Semitism is found in the crowd that gathered to watch Jesus die. Mark's gospel calls them "the people." Matthew says "All the people where John just simply says "the Jews."

I accept Mark as the earliest gospel and see the other three writers changing Mark as they see fit. By the time of the writing of John in about 100 AD, the Jews were held responsible as well as future generations of Jews.

IMJerusha

Your logic makes sense to you; as it should.

Is it sound though?

In the absence of a bit more detailed information as to what falls into what category; yes.

Absent of that bit more detailed information as to who, what, when, where, why, and how, your logic in this is much like that of a toddler playing under the kitchen sink.

Spotting a bottle with Draino in it; concluding from its limited information that "this is liquid; water is liquid; water is for when I am thirsty; I am thirsty - gulp, gulp, gulp - WAH!"

Poor tyke is yet unable to read labels on bottles categorizing their intended use, thus; their necessarily specific instruction.

The source of your off-based logic?

Concluding based on 2 Timothy 3: 16, 17 absent of "the label on the bottle" that is 2 Timothy 2:15.

Okay, Danoh/Heir...I'll bite. Tell me how you rightly divide Scripture?

Danoh

I am talking about Mark's Jesus which was created during the time during and after the Jewish-Roman War of 70 AD.

You are a heretic!

I would not ban you for that; as you might actually learn something you need to that might free you.

You have yet proven your heretical assertions through the passages themselves.

Your entire basis is obvious - unable to reconcile certain passages you at the same time perhaps rightly did not want to reason them into being just fine as is, you found no other means but your obvious error.

The error of external sources written by others who, just like you; clueless as to how to solve for these seeming issues within the Scripture itself; come up with and or parrot the notions of others in their same error.

You might as well get your "Christianity" from those fools PBS does programs with every so often on the supposed history of any subject within Scripture they might parrot the parroted errors of those parrots who came before them.

Yours, and theirs, is the same old "Yea, hath God said?" of Genesis 3 that, per Ephesians 2; is the course of this world; ever alluring to the fleshly mind that is the mind of the children of Adam's disobedience.

In this, whether your intent is a good one, your road is still paved with the same intent its road ever ends up being, as a result - the road to perdition.

For, intentionally, or otherwise, you have ended up a heretic.

I'm being kind by this. You will just have to see that in my words, not in your projection of your own notions into things once more.

God's Truth

As a Christian, I have to recognize a Jesus who counsels us to love our enemy and pray for those who persecute me.

Subsequently, I have to leave behind the brutality of Rome, of America, of everyday, all-too-human evil.

The Kingdom of God is a partnership between ourselves and God to help establish the kingdom on earth.

No one said it would be easy.

You have made up for yourself a different Jesus, which is no Jesus but a fictional person. You have picked scripture here and there and threw out others and added other things.

Danoh

Though those within Mid-Acts Dispensationalism will differ with one another on some things - this, given where we will have fallen off as to our consistent application of the M.A.D. hermeneutic - we all appear to agree that Israel still awaits a yet glorious destiny, as God's Royal Priesthood, Isaiah 2 and 59-66, per Romans 11:25-29 etc.

I began to explore my own understanding of some of this on the following thread, but it was derailed, so I ended my contribution to it, as I will not agree with someone, even when I might, just to help them glory in their flesh over others; especially over those of our own Mid-Acts brethren.

Anyway, if you can steer past what my hope for that thread ended up being turned into, my basic understanding of laying out of the Scripture aright, 2 Tim. 2:15, on this that you ask me is in the first post of that thread:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110769

IMJerusha

Though those within Mid-Acts Dispensationalism will differ with one another on some things - this, given where we will have fallen off as to our consistent application of the M.A.D. hermeneutic - we all appear to agree that Israel still awaits a yet glorious destiny, as God's Royal Priesthood, Isaiah 2 and 59-66, per Romans 11:25-29 etc.

I began to explore my own understanding of some of this on the following thread, but it was derailed, so I ended my contribution to it, as I will not agree with someone, even when I might, just to help them glory in their flesh over others; especially over those of our own Mid-Acts brethren.

Anyway, if you can steer past what my hope for that thread ended up being turned into, my basic understanding of laying out of the Scripture aright, 2 Tim. 2:15, on this that you ask me is in the first post of that thread:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110769

I think you missed or circumvented my question altogether. I'm not interested in any specific doctrinal understanding. I asked how you rightly divide Scripture. I'm fully aware of the necessity to read Scripture in context. That being the case, please be so kind as to show how and where in Scripture Scripture disproves Scripture. There are tons of examples in the world nowadays of doctrine disproving and indeed completely ignoring Scripture but I want to see where Scripture tells us that God's Word to believers is not applicable to us across the board; where God's Will is one way to some and another way to others. I'm not asking for your understanding. I'm asking for God's Word on the subject because that is the only Word that counts.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
"The Scripture" is already rightly divided. Paul’s thirteen letters are all neatly packed together in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) as if in a parenthesis separate from that of prophecy to Israel and right where God wants them to be!

Rightly dividing the word of truth means to separate out the gospel that is "the gospel of your salvation" (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as mentioned in Ephesians 1:13 KJV, from other gospels in the Bible or you could be believing the wrong gospel that is not the gospel that is the power of God to save you. Rightly dividing the word of truth is rightly dividing the gospel of your salvation!

For example, you could think that your gospel (good news) is that you need to be water baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV), sell all that you have (Matthew 19:21 KJV, Acts 2:45 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 24:13 KJV) wait for the times of refreshing that shall come from the presence of the Lord (the second coming) that your sins may be blotted out (Acts 3:19-21 KJV). But, that's not your gospel (good news)! It's not the gospel of YOUR salvation, the power of God to save you today!

The gospel that is the power of God to save man today is the gospel of Christ; how that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and was raised again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! It is the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation that was given by revelation of Jesus Christ to the apostle Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).

We must also rightly divide the word of truth in Paul's epistles. For example, there was a time that certain Gentiles (called Greeks in a KJB) had ordinances to keep so as not to offend the Jews, but then in Paul's later epistles when writing to the alien gentile (who Paul was a prisoner of Jesus Christ for, people like you and me who in time past were without hope and without God in the world Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV), you can eat anything as the middle wall of partition was broken down between us (Ephesians 2:14-16 KJV). The handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, was taken out of the way, nailed to His cross (Colossians 2:14-16 KJV). This is also why it is that it wasn't until 2 Timothy that Paul wrote to rightly divide the word of truth.

IMJerusha

"The Scripture" is already rightly divided. Paul’s thirteen letters are all neatly packed together in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) as if in a parenthesis separate from that of prophecy to Israel and right where God wants them to be!

Rightly dividing the word of truth means to separate out the gospel that is "the gospel of your salvation" (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as mentioned in Ephesians 1:13 KJV, from other gospels in the Bible or you could be believing the wrong gospel that is not the gospel that is the power of God to save you. Rightly dividing the word of truth is rightly dividing the gospel of your salvation!

For example, you could think that your gospel (good news) is that you need to be water baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV), sell all that you have (Matthew 19:21 KJV, Acts 2:45 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 24:13 KJV) wait for the times of refreshing that shall come from the presence of the Lord (the second coming) that your sins may be blotted out (Acts 3:19-21 KJV). But, that's not your gospel (good news)! It's not the gospel of YOUR salvation, the power of God to save you today!

The gospel that is the power of God to save man today is the gospel of Christ; how that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and was raised again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! It is the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation that was given by revelation of Jesus Christ to the apostle Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).

We must also rightly divide the word of truth in Paul's epistles. For example, there was a time that certain Gentiles (called Greeks in a KJB) had ordinances to keep so as not to offend the Jews, but then in Paul's later epistles when writing to the alien gentile (who Paul was a prisoner of Jesus Christ for, people like you and me who in time past were without hope and without God in the world Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV), you can eat anything as the middle wall of partition was broken down between us (Ephesians 2:14-16 KJV). The handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, was taken out of the way, nailed to His cross (Colossians 2:14-16 KJV). This is also why it is that it wasn't until 2 Timothy that Paul wrote to rightly divide the word of truth.

So, in light of your spin on things, Paul referred Timothy to the Law, the Prophets and the Writings for what reason? Well, he says for what reason...."for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." And some, like you and Danoh and others, have chosen to ignore that. Paul made no effort to divide God's Word nor to imply that God's Truth from the days prior to Yeshua was no longer God's Truth and no longer applicable to us.

BTW, your words regarding Gentiles/Greeks and other Gentiles is incorrect. It had nothing to do with not offending Jews but rather with obedience to God as it was God who gave the Law, not the Jews. The decision of the Jerusalem Council was about concern over offending God considering Peter's words about how God at first showed His concern by taking from the Gentiles a people for himself. (Acts 15:13-21) Israelites were Gentiles to begin with.

"Who among you fears the Lord and obeys the word of his servant? Let the one who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God. But now, all you who light fires and provide yourselves with flaming torches, go, walk in the light of your fires and of the torches you have set ablaze.
This is what you shall receive from my hand: You will lie down in torment. Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the Lord: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn; look to Abraham, your father, and to Sarah, who gave you birth. When I called him he was only one man, and I blessed him and made him many. The Lord will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins; he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing. Listen to me, my people; hear me, my nation: Instruction will go out from me; my justice will become a light to the nations. My righteousness draws near speedily, my salvation is on the way, and my arm will ring justice to the nations. The islands will look to me and wait in hope for my arm. Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail. Hear me, you who know what is right, you people who have taken my instruction to heart: Do not fear the reproach of mere mortals or be terrified by their insults. For the moth will eat them up like a garment; the worm will devour them like wool. But my righteousness will last forever, my salvation through all generations.” Isaiah 50:10-51:1-8

"This is what the Lord says: 'Maintain justice and do what is right, for my salvation is close at hand and my righteousness will soon be revealed. Blessed is the one who does this—the person who holds it fast, who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it, and keeps their hands from doing any evil.' Let no foreigner who is bound to the Lord say, 'The Lord will surely exclude me from his people.' And let no eunuch complain, 'I am only a dry tree.' For this is what the Lord says: 'To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths, who choose what pleases me and hold fast to my covenant—to them I will give within my temple and its walls a memorial and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that will endure forever. And foreigners who bind themselves to the Lord to minister to him, to love the name of the Lord, and to be his servants, all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it and who hold fast to my covenant—these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.' The Sovereign Lord declares—he who gathers the exiles of Israel: 'I will gather still others to them besides those already gathered.' " Isaiah 56:1-8

Now, if we hold fast to the earthly instruction of Yeshua through whom our New Covenant with God is (Luke 22:20) what do we have to fear? Yet you have dismissed Yeshua's earthly instruction and passed it off as just to the House of Israel. Who is the House of Israel?....God told Isaiah who the House of Israel is; it's us....believers.

Last edited:

Danoh

You are not a mod so you cannot ban anyone, friend.

Can you prove yourself any dumber? I was not saying I can ban anyone - I said I would not, as in, I would not wish that on that person. You might want to loosen that silly hat a bit, Gilligan, lol

IMJerusha

In short, yours was baiting "IMJerusha" - your mind already made up, lol

To whom are you replying? And could you please explain how you rightly divide Scripture? Maybe I should ask how you go about it apart from any particular doctrinal understanding. Heir put forth her doctrinal understanding, not how she rightly divides Scripture.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

EXCELLENT post!!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Now, if we hold fast to the earthly instruction of Yeshua through whom our New Covenant with God is (Luke 22:20) what do we have to fear? Yet you have dismissed Yeshua's earthly instruction and passed it off as just to the House of Israel. Who is the House of Israel?....God told Isaiah who the House of Israel is; it's us....believers.

The book of Luke speaks to us? The Body of Christ? Really?