ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Grosnick, the book of Romans was to the Church at Rome. Are you in the Church at Rome? Come on! When Paul wrote to Timothy that all Scripture is God breathed and useful for teaching, etc., what Scripture do you think he was referring to? He wasn't talking about New Testament. To take bits and pieces of what we want out of Scripture is wrong.

You're another one of those who doesn't know how to "Rightly Divide"
the Word of God.

God's Truth

I don't see your idea of Jesus actually "walking his talk."

You are speaking faith claims, not facts and evidence. And you seem to be conflating some of Paul's theology with the theologies of the gospel writers.

If Jesus was just as violent, revenge-filled and bloodthirsty as the next person, his followers would have never seen him as the Son of God or Lord. The basic thing about Jesus was that he was not some all-too-human run of the mill man.

Do you really think we are going to live the next life on the new earth with people who hate God and do evil?

God's Truth

It is Mark (and Matthew, who followed Mark) who says "And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"

Personally, this is what I would expect Mark's community of believers would attribute to Jesus, since the horrors of the Roman/Jewish War were still remembered. They saw a Jesus who suffered with them.

What are you talking about?

heir

TOL Subscriber
When Paul wrote to Timothy that all Scripture is God breathed and useful for teaching, etc., what Scripture do you think he was referring to? He wasn't talking about New Testament.
2 Timothy 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

And it wasn't "all scripture" until Paul filled up that which was behind of the afflictions of Christ in his flesh for His (Christ's) body's sake, which is the church as Paul was given the dispensation of God to fulfil the word of God (Colossians 1:24-26 KJV).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't see your idea of Jesus actually "walking his talk."

You are speaking faith claims, not facts and evidence. And you seem to be conflating some of Paul's theology with the theologies of the gospel writers.

If Jesus was just as violent, revenge-filled and bloodthirsty as the next person, his followers would have never seen him as the Son of God or Lord. The basic thing about Jesus was that he was not some all-too-human run of the mill man.

You need to change your personal definition to, "OTHER." Surely
not, Christian.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Do you really think we are going to live the next life on the new earth with people who hate God and do evil?
As a Christian, I have to recognize a Jesus who counsels us to love our enemy and pray for those who persecute me.

Subsequently, I have to leave behind the brutality of Rome, of America, of everyday, all-too-human evil.

The Kingdom of God is a partnership between ourselves and God to help establish the kingdom on earth.

No one said it would be easy.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Even the Holy Spirit can contradict itself.

So, you call the Holy Spirit: "itself" and go on to say that the
Holy Spirit CONTRADICTS itself!!

You're NOT a true Christian and if I had the ability, I would
ban you forever on this forum.

How DARE you show disrespect for the Holy Spirit!!!!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
So, you call the Holy Spirit: "itself" and go on to say that the
Holy Spirit CONTRADICTS itself!!

You're NOT a true Christian and if I had the ability, I would
ban you forever on this forum.

How DARE you show disrespect for the Holy Spirit!!!!
I have seen the Holy Spirit operating through many different people in very different ways in these forums. I have also studied the Bible seriously and have seen the Holy Spirit being expressed through different gospels, traditions, theologies and people.

Being human, they sometimes contradict themselves and each other.

Sorry to be so blunt, but that's the way the Bible reads. You seem to have a barely contained rage that prevents you from seeing a little more God than maybe you are used to seeing.

Mark says Jesus was the Son of God at his baptism. Matthew and Luke assert he was recognized the Son of God at his birth. John says he was the Son of God--the Logos--before time began.

Mark says the friends of the paralytic dug a hole through the mud and branches of the roof so they could lower him down to where Jesus was healing. Luke said the friends removed the tiles from the roof to lower him down. Mark's gospel took place around Galilee where peasant huts were built. Luke wrote for the suburban, Hellenistic audience which had better-built houses.

John's Jesus was anti-Semitic, did not preach in parables, did not care about the poor or the homeless and spoke in long, dense, theological/mystical philosophy all about himself and the importance of believing in him. John's Jesus preached for three years. Mark, Luke and Matthew's Jesus spoke of the Kingdom of God in parables and uttered short, pithy aphorisms. Their Jesus preached for a year.

ALL of these authors were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

ALL OF THEM

As are you yourself, even though you are just as finite, limited and human as anyone else on this website.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A7, I can't believe you said that the Holy Spirit contradicts "itself?" For
one thing, the Holy Spirit IS part of the Trinity. And, my unbelieving
friend, "HE" does not contradict "HIMSELF!!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have seen the Holy Spirit operating through many different people in very different ways in these forums. I have also studied the Bible seriously and have seen the Holy Spirit being expressed through different gospels, traditions, theologies and people.

Being human, they sometimes contradict themselves and each other.

Sorry to be so blunt, but that's the way the Bible reads. You seem to have a barely contained rage that prevents you from seeing a little more God than maybe you are used to seeing.

Mark says Jesus was the Son of God at his baptism. Matthew and Luke assert he was recognized the Son of God at his birth. John says he was the Son of God--the Logos--before time began.

Mark says the friends of the paralytic dug a hole through the mud and branches of the roof so they could lower him down to where Jesus was healing. Luke said the friends removed the tiles from the roof to lower him down. Mark's gospel took place around Galilee where peasant huts were built. Luke wrote for the suburban, Hellenistic audience which had better-built houses.

John's Jesus was anti-Semitic, did not preach in parables, did not care about the poor or the homeless and spoke in long, dense, theological/mystical philosophy all about himself and the importance of believing in him. John's Jesus preached for three years. Mark, Luke and Matthew's Jesus spoke of the Kingdom of God in parables and uttered short, pithy aphorisms. Their Jesus preached for a year.

ALL of these authors were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

ALL OF THEM

As are you yourself, even though you are just as finite, limited and human as anyone else on this website.

You make me sick to my stomach. You posted one of the worst
posts I've seen on TOL ever. Calling the Holy Spirit "itself" and
saying He contradicts Himself.