ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Which you are NOT!
You just really don't know what to think, do you? Because I take into account the history of our faith, you skee-daddle. You are a "belief-based" Christian, I'll bet. You believe to be a true Christian you must believe ancient, first-century theological statements like "born of a virgin," "died for our sins," "Son of God," etc., yet you suffer not the slightest urge to actually pick up your cross and follow the Jesus who asks us to bless our persecutors, pray in secret, hold God above wealth, forgive others as we forgive ourselves, not judge others, come before God with thanksgiving and humility--in short--to follow his TEACHINGS.

An "action-based" instead of a "belief-based" Christianity is not the easiest path for us modern folks who see ourselves as saved and above reproach. But to me, it is the only path.

So you and I are different on this point.

Please try to stop reading my mind, looking into my soul or guessing at my motives. Be honest and ask me direct questions. Try not to judge.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You just really don't know what to think, do you? Because I take into account the history of our faith, you skee-daddle. You are a "belief-based" Christian, I'll bet. You believe to be a true Christian you must believe ancient, first-century theological statements like "born of a virgin," "died for our sins," "Son of God," etc., yet you suffer not the slightest urge to actually pick up your cross and follow the Jesus who asks us to bless our persecutors, pray in secret, hold God above wealth, forgive others as we forgive ourselves, not judge others, come before God with thanksgiving and humility--in short--to follow his TEACHINGS.

An "action-based" instead of a "belief-based" Christianity is not the easiest path for us modern folks who see ourselves as saved and above reproach. But to me, it is the only path.

So you and I are different on this point.

Please try to stop reading my mind, looking into my soul or guessing at my motives. Be honest and ask me direct questions. Try not to judge.

I judge your "False Doctrine!" Gladly, as well.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
So, now you're saying Johns, Jesus was "anti-Semitic" What's wrong with
your heart, soul and mind?
"You Jews belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

--John 8:44

What's wrong with your Bible study habits, your critical thinking, your discernment?

John's community of believers was obviously in serious conflict with Jews who did not accept Jesus as the Messiah or as divine. So John put invective and vitriol into Jesus' mouth to condemn them. Of course John's group--being only human--were no doubt hurt and confused by the severity of the Jewish reaction.

This verse and others tells us there was a lot of demonization and insults going back and forth.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I judge your "False Doctrine!" Gladly, as well.
Luke 6:37:

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Remember--history, facts, evidence and honest data come first. Doctrine comes later. Along with theology and dogma, doctrine is the way mean are inspired to construct a framework of meaning around a particular historical event.

For example, Jesus was nailed to a cross and killed. That is a statement of FACT.

The doctrine that he died to pay for the sins of humankind was developed later. And it is a statement of FAITH.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

The book of Luke was speaking to the lost sheep of the House
of Israel, not to the Body of Christ! Among all else, you don't
even know how to "Rightly Divide" the Written Word!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Remember--history, facts, evidence and honest data come first. Doctrine comes later. Along with theology and dogma, doctrine is the way mean are inspired to construct a framework of meaning around a particular historical event.

For example, Jesus was nailed to a cross and killed. That is a statement of FACT.

The doctrine that he died to pay for the sins of humankind was developed later. And it is a statement of FAITH.

There's something very wrong with you.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Someone said you were "Apostate." Is that your problem?
I think some folks have the problem of reacting in anger and immature mockery.

It's much better when parents can support their kids to fully feel their strong emotions, be able to name them and then learn to express them like adults.

When Congressman Joe Wilson, the GOP house member who shouted out "YOU LIE!" and interrupted the president's State of the Union Speech, he was forced by a reporter to apologize and he said "Well, I guess I let my emotions get the better of me."

Exactly.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I think some folks have the problem of reacting in anger and immature mockery.

It's much better when parents can support their kids to fully feel their strong emotions, be able to name them and then learn to express them like adults.

When Congressman Joe Wilson, the GOP house member who shouted out "YOU LIE!" and interrupted the president's State of the Union Speech, he was forced by a reporter to apologize and he said "Well, I guess I let my emotions get the better of me."

Exactly.

Are you going to answer my question like an adult? Or, continue
to be "wordy?"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
These guys NEVER answer what church or denomination they've
been affiliated with. That cracks me up. They know that as soon
as they open up about that, they'll be ignored from then on.

No sense posting with these types.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Are you going to answer my question like an adult? Or, continue
to be "wordy?"

How, specifically, do you equate being "wordy" as not like an adult?

If you are still accountable to stand by your comment, would you be willing to show me the exact words or phrases that sound or look "wordy" to you? This would really help me because I am sure I will learn something new.

I depend on solid criticism from others so I can understand how I am coming across to others so I can do something different next time.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
These guys NEVER answer what church or denomination they've
been affiliated with. That cracks me up. They know that as soon
as they open up about that, they'll be ignored from then on.

No sense posting with these types.
You are jumping to a conclusion that could really get you confused here.

Just because a person does not tell you the different churches they attended does not then mean that they are not worth having a dialogue with them.

There have been lots of times when a poster--for some reason or another--has not answered a burning question of mine. Perhaps they felt I would attack them or condemn them for their answer.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It seems like you have forgotten your actual question as well as my answer.

You posted that "someone else" called me a dismissive name ("apostate")
and then asked "Is that your problem?"

Scroll back and you can read my answer.

bybee

You are jumping to a conclusion that could really get you confused here.

Just because a person does not tell you the different churches they attended does not then mean that they are not worth having a dialogue with them.

There have been lots of times when a poster--for some reason or another--has not answered a burning question of mine. Perhaps they felt I would attack them or condemn them for their answer.

We are not required to answer every question put to us. But, if we wish to continue in a dialogue we may occasionally need to make asides or rubrics, if you will, stating boundaries?