ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is serious instruction about forgiving and forgiveness, how serious is it. I take it very serious, since Jesus said it, I believe it is an absolute truth.

What do you say?

Mark 11:25-26
"And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Luke 6:36
Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.
What will you do if you are faced with such a situation that brings to mind Mark 11:25-26.

I don't think we can ignore it (though we can). We must do something.

• Call it something else

• Gone around it

• Ignore it altogether

• Do nothing

• Deal with it

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What will you do if you are faced with such a situation that brings to mind Mark 11:25-26.

• Call it something else

• Gone around it

• Ignore it altogether

• Do nothing

• Deal with it

I will try to

Deal with it

as if my life depended on it

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus spoke God's powerful words first to the lost sheep. Then when he was crucified all could come to him.

Lost sheep -- Israel. Now what of we Gentiles?

John 10:16
"And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd."

Isaiah 56:8
The Lord God, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says, "Yet I will gather to him others besides those who are gathered to him."

Ephes. 2:13
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

heir

TOL Subscriber

• Call it something else

• Gone around it

• Ignore it altogether

• Do nothing

• Deal with it
My Lord Jesus Christ will never charge me with Mark 11:25-26 KJV as I was forgiven 2000 years ago 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Ephesians 1:7 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, Psalmist!

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Jerry Shugart

My Lord Jesus Christ will never charge me with Mark 11:25-26 KJV as I was forgiven 2000 years ago 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Ephesians 1:7 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV

Your sins were not forgiven until you believed:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:43).​

God's Truth

Lost sheep -- Israel. Now what of we Gentiles?

John 10:16
"And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd."

Isaiah 56:8
The Lord God, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says, "Yet I will gather to him others besides those who are gathered to him."

Ephes. 2:13
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

That is right, first to the Jews then to the Gentiles.

God's Truth

"Jesus" said ONLY.

Also, Matthew 10:23 (KJV)

When Jesus walked the earth before he died he only came for the lost sheep of Israel. When Jesus was crucified then all could come to him to be saved.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

God's Truth

Jesus says plainly that when he is crucified he will draw ALL people to himself.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

SaulToPaul 2

It is so not clear to you or you would explain your beliefs.

What's to explain?

They would not have covered the cities of Israel, much less the Gentiles, until the Son of Man be come.

Matthew 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Matthew 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Matthew 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come

God's Truth

What's to explain?

They would not have covered the cities of Israel, much less the Gentiles, until the Son of Man be come.

Matthew 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Matthew 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Matthew 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come

I have no idea what you are saying. Are you saying Jesus came before Peter went to Cornelius? Are you saying that Jesus came before Paul went to the Gentiles? Are you saying that Jesus came before the Israelties who lived as Gentiles were given the gospel message?