ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

God's Truth

You are off-base on all that for the same reason you are so often off-base.

You read into things.

What I said was "you're still stuck in all that aspect of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Early Acts that is now on hold.

What is on hold?

God's Truth

You are very messed up.

When I speak my beliefs I am speaking what the scriptures say, because my beliefs are from the written Word of God.

I do not always reference the scripture, but I tell my beliefs, which are scripture. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I deny nothing of God's Truth. Paul taught what Jesus taught. You are just one of the many who misunderstand Paul.

Paul did not go against any of Jesus' teachings.
Matthew 5:17-20 KJV, Matthew 23:1-3 KJV, Matthew 28:20 KJV

vs.

Romans 3:21-22 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
We do not enter into God's grace until we are saved.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he tells us whom he saves.

Jesus saves those who do what he says, for Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Paul did not go against any of Jesus' teachings.
Just look at how little g's lie fights the gospel of the grace of God. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost...(2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

God's Truth

Just look at how little g's lie fights the gospel of the grace of God. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost...(2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

Jesus is the promise. Jesus did not come and teach temporary things, and then give Paul the real good news.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I speak my beliefs I am speaking what the scriptures say, because my beliefs are from the written Word of God.

I do not always reference the scripture, but I tell my beliefs, which are scripture. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
You are badly mistaken not knowing the power of God or the scriptures.

(This is fun.)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus says to forgive to be forgiven. Why don't you just trust Jesus and believe and do what he says? Maybe then you will get understanding (John 14:21).
Your mind is not open enough, because you do not see what I am saying...what the Bible says.

Danoh

Right now I have no regrets. I need to work on forgiving myself for a few things, though.

Not forgiving is holding onto pain. It doesn't affect us in any good way.

If you have believed that Christ died for your sins, and rose again for your justification, then you have nothing to forgive yourself for that the Cross was not unable to put away by the sacrifice of Himself.

In which case, find out who God has made you in His Son, and then access walking in that by faith.

Romans 5:

1. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Colossians 2:

6. As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord [by faith], so walk ye in him [by faith]:
7. Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

"The faith" being in this sense here - those details in His Word as to who God has made you in His Son.

You look at yourself in light of its details, when at odds with yourself and remind yourself "That's not who now I am in Christ..." and to that you add all those details about this right view of son ship "as ye have been taught," the result being that you find yourself "abounding therein with thanksgiving."

Its called "rightly dividing the Word of truth" in light of "the mystery of the faith," 2 Tim. 2:15; 1 Tim. 3:9.

Do that, and you begin to find yourself "Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience" more and more, as your mind is renewed more and more by this Mystery's details, "that ye might prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God" as to all issues, Rom. 12:2.

Hope that helps...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus says to forgive to be forgiven. Why don't you just trust Jesus and believe and do what he says? Maybe then you will get understanding (John 14:21).

Christ was speaking to the lost sheep of Israel. He wasn't dealing with
the gentiles during His physical walk on earth. Later, Paul was given
that responsibility.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We (True believers) are given the "Righteousness of Christ" once we
place our faith in Christ as our Savior, and have been sealed/indwelt
and baptized into the "Body of Christ" by the Holy Spirit. Our eternal
life in Heaven, depends on, placing our original faith in Christ, and the
rest is, the work of the Holy Spirit.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame