ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenios

Then I was wrong in what I said about you in a Roman Catholic context and withdraw it all.

:thumb:

As my dyslexic friend says all the time: This proves that there IS a doG!

She is catholic, but her Church, which is also my Church, has not been in Communion with the Latins and their Communion for almost a thousand years... The Eastern Orthodox Faith, you see, IS the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church, of which the Latins ONCE were members... They separated from us, and 500 years later, erupted into the Reformation of individualized sovereigns [Popes] where each person is responsible solely for their own doctrines...

She is an Orthodox Christian, following the Canons of the first seven Ecumenical Councils, prior to the apostasy of Rome, and then several after that without the Latins...

Arsenios

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Oh knowledgeable wise one, please explain why Christ went to all that trouble to have 12 disciples follow Him for several years, and be present at His crucifixion, resurrection and ascension, tell them to take the gospel to the ends of the earth and to found His Church, send the Holy Spirit down on Pentecost at the "birthday" of the Church, give them the gift of tongues, all just for Israel? And then pick 1 guy for the rest of the world? You really think that makes sense?

And how do you explain St. Thomas going to India, St. James going to Spain, St. Peter going to Antioch and Rome, along with various other places?

Because Jesus was sent for Israel only, and that's what he taught the 12.

Matthew 15:24 KJV -

The gospel oof grace and the uncircumcision would delivered to all parts of the world.

Acts 1:8 KJV -

Right Divider

Body part
Oh knowledgeable wise one, please explain why Christ went to all that trouble to have 12 disciples follow Him for several years, and be present at His crucifixion, resurrection and ascension, tell them to take the gospel to the ends of the earth and to found His Church, send the Holy Spirit down on Pentecost at the "birthday" of the Church, give them the gift of tongues, all just for Israel? And then pick 1 guy for the rest of the world? You really think that makes sense?

And how do you explain St. Thomas going to India, St. James going to Spain, St. Peter going to Antioch and Rome, along with various other places?
Oh ignorant one. God's plans for the earth included a BELIEVING Israel that would lead ALL the world to Christ. This is why Jesus Christ told them, the 12 apostles for the 12 tribes (note how that number is associated with Israel), to convert Israel FIRST. This is why the had to BEGIN in Jerusalem.

Due to Israel's CONTINUED unbelief, even though MANY did follow the 12 as the kingdom of God was taken FROM the leadership of Israel and given to the little flock. When Israel continued in unbelief and stoned Stephen who was FILLED with the Holy Spirit, this was the point where God began to reveal a plan that had THERETOFORE been "hid in God". He did this by raising ANOTHER different apostle named Saul/Paul.

Pentecost was NOT the "birthday of the church" as the RCC and most other churches of "Christendom" teach. This was a CONTINUATION of God's dealings with nation of Israel. It was fulfilling prophecy just as Peter say when he quoted Joel.

You might notice, if you'd like to become just slightly less ignorant, that the 12 were preaching the gospel of the kingdom for at lease TWO YEARS, WITHOUT preaching the cross or the death of Christ AT ALL. They had NO knowledge of this while they were preaching the kingdom of God to Israel for MORE than TWO YEARS.

How can anyone preach OUR gospel without the CROSS or the DEATH of CHRIST for our SIN?

Right Divider

Body part
Paul said MY LORD (two times)

Unless you want to claim Paul had a different Lord than Peter, what is your point?
Same LORD, different GOSPEL, Mr. Dictionary Man.
Eph 1:9-14 KJV Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: (10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: (11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: (12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. (13) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
How can Paul say this?

brewmama

Oh ignorant one. God's plans for the earth included a BELIEVING Israel that would lead ALL the world to Christ. This is why Jesus Christ told them, the 12 apostles for the 12 tribes (note how that number is associated with Israel), to convert Israel FIRST. This is why the had to BEGIN in Jerusalem.

Due to Israel's CONTINUED unbelief, even though MANY did follow the 12 as the kingdom of God was taken FROM the leadership of Israel and given to the little flock. When Israel continued in unbelief and stoned Stephen who was FILLED with the Holy Spirit, this was the point where God began to reveal a plan that had THERETOFORE been "hid in God". He did this by raising ANOTHER different apostle named Saul/Paul.

Pentecost was NOT the "birthday of the church" as the RCC and most other churches of "Christendom" teach. This was a CONTINUATION of God's dealings with nation of Israel. It was fulfilling prophecy just as Peter say when he quoted Joel.

You might notice, if you'd like to become just slightly less ignorant, that the 12 were preaching the gospel of the kingdom for at lease TWO YEARS, WITHOUT preaching the cross or the death of Christ AT ALL. They had NO knowledge of this while they were preaching the kingdom of God to Israel for MORE than TWO YEARS.

How can anyone preach OUR gospel without the CROSS or the DEATH of CHRIST for our SIN?

And how is it that you know so well what they were and weren't preaching? You continue to ignore all evidence against your claims. You need to get back on your meds.

brewmama

Same LORD, different GOSPEL, Mr. Dictionary Man.
Eph 1:9-14 KJV Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: (10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: (11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: (12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. (13) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
How can Paul say this?

What, that the Church is who first trusted in Christ, and Paul's new converts now do too? It seems rather clear cut and obvious.

Right Divider

Body part
And how is it that you know so well what they were and weren't preaching? You continue to ignore all evidence against your claims. You need to get back on your meds.
Instead of wasting time on stupid posts, why don't you use the scripture to show me what they did teach?

How could they teach something that the DID not know and something that was HID from them?
Luk 18:31-34 KJV Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. (32) For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: (33) And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. (34) And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.
Note clearly in verse 34:

1. they understood none of these things
  2. this saying was hid from them
  3. neither knew they the things which were spoken
Can God possibly make it ANY clearer that there were NOT preaching the CROSS or the DEATH of Christ?

This is confirmed AFTER Christ's death as well:
Joh 20:9 KJV For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
So, how would they be preaching these are part of the gospel of the kingdom?

Simple and clear answer: They weren't!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes I believe that.

Israel did not reject Christ after Pentecost, and even before that many only hid in the dark day.

Mat 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
Mat 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
Mat 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Act 5:14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

It was the goats who were blinding the multitudes that Christ came to set the captives free from, who were destroyed and the believers became the beginnings of the Church, now near 2000 years old without an interruption.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
Just an aside. Why did Paul go into synagogues to preach?
Because God wants everyone to be saved.

Get a Bible and read it:
Act 9:15 KJV But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Right Divider

Body part
Yes I believe that.

Israel did not reject Christ after Pentecost, and even before that many only hid in the dark day.

Mat 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
Mat 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
Mat 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Act 5:14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

It was the goats who were blinding the multitudes that Christ came to set the captives free from, who were destroyed and the believers became the beginnings of the Church, now near 2000 years old without an interruption.

LA
Those "multitudes" were still a SMALL portion of Israel.

Paul tells us that Israel FELL and he ALSO tells us that THEY will be restored.
Rom 11:7-15 KJV What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded (8) (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day. (9) And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them: (10) Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway. (11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (12) Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? (13) For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: (14) If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. (15) For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
So Paul makes it CLEAR that they have been TEMPORARILY 'cast away' and 'fallen', but that THEY will be restored!

brewmama

Because God wants everyone to be saved.

Get a Bible and read it:
Act 9:15 KJV But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

But if he is so different from the Apostles, who you say were SPECIFICALLY for Israel, that doesn't make sense. Are they together or not?

Do you have any idea how much you contradict yourself?

brewmama

Instead of wasting time on stupid posts, why don't you use the scripture to show me what they did teach?

How could they teach something that the DID not know and something that was HID from them?
Luk 18:31-34 KJV Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. (32) For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: (33) And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. (34) And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.
Note clearly in verse 34:

1. they understood none of these things
  2. this saying was hid from them
  3. neither knew they the things which were spoken
Can God possibly make it ANY clearer that there were NOT preaching the CROSS or the DEATH of Christ?

This is confirmed AFTER Christ's death as well:
Joh 20:9 KJV For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
So, how would they be preaching these are part of the gospel of the kingdom?

Simple and clear answer: They weren't!

Well not until after the resurrection and Pentecost, :duh:

Right Divider

Body part
But if he is so different from the Apostles, who you say were SPECIFICALLY for Israel, that doesn't make sense. Are they together or not?

Do you have any idea how much you contradict yourself?
The difference are clear if you just read the Bible.

In the gospel of the kingdom, which the 12 preached, Israel comes first and Gentiles second. Everyone is welcome.

In the gospel of the grace of God, which Paul preached, there is NO distinction between anyone. Everyone is welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.