ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Galatians 1:12 KJV -

Did Peter say that ?

He didn't have to. Everyone knew Peter was a Disciple of Jesus when Jesus was alive.

Peter received everything from Christ Jesus in person.

Paul wasn't a Disciple, and didn't hang around Jesus like Peter did.

Therefore, Paul had to explain to people that he was taught by Christ Jesus.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
(12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. (13)

So RD - Please tell me this is not so...

Please tell me that you do NOT think that what Paul means by this is
that the Jewish Apostles did NOT trust Christ before Paul...

Please tell me it isn't so...

Arsenios

how do you get that out of what RD actually posted ?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
He didn't have to. Everyone knew Peter was a Disciple of Jesus when Jesus was alive.

Luke 18:34 KJV -

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Luke 18:34 KJV -

Jesus had to speak to them in parables before the Holy Spirit was given to them on Pentecost concerning the mysteries that were hidden since the foundation of the world.

It was impossible for Peter and the 12 to understand those mysteries prior to Pentecost.

Paul was taught the mysteries hidden since the foundation of the world after Pentecost.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Galatians 2:7-8 KJV -

You can't deny the two different gospels and intended audiences. Peter needed to learn from Paul:

2 Peter 3:16 KJV

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jesus had to speak to them in parables before the Holy Spirit was given to them on Pentecost concerning the mysteries that were hidden since the foundation of the world.

It was impossible for Peter and the 12 to understand those mysteries prior to Pentecost.

Paul was taught the mysteries hidden since the foundation of the world after Pentecost.

I just don't see the 12 preaching what Paul was, until AFTER hearing from Paul.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why wasn't Peter accursed for preaching his alleged other gospel to the Galatians after Paul told the Galatians that if anyone preaches another gospel they are to be accursed?

Because he was following God's will. Obviously you can't deny Galatians 2:7 KJV - showing 2 gospels !!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Galatians 2:7-8 KJV -

(Gal 2:7 CEB) But on the contrary, they saw that I had been given the responsibility to preach the gospel to the people who aren’t circumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised.

(Gal 2:7 CEV) They realized that God had sent me with the good news for Gentiles, and that he had sent Peter with the same message for Jews.

(Gal 2:7 ERV) But these leaders saw that God had given me a special work, the same as Peter. God gave Peter the work of telling the Good News to the Jews. But God gave me the work of telling the Good News to the non-Jewish people.

(Gal 2:7 ESV) On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised

(Gal 2:7 GNT) On the contrary, they saw that God had given me the task of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as he had given Peter the task of preaching the gospel to the Jews.

(Gal 2:7 NASB) But on the contrary, seeing that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised

(Gal 2:7 NCV) But these leaders saw that I had been given the work of telling the Good News to those who are not Jewish, just as Peter had the work of telling the Jews.

(Gal 2:7 NIV) On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised,just as Peter had been to the circumcised.

(Gal 2:7 NLV) Anyway, they saw how I had been given the work of preaching the Good News to the people who are not Jews, as Peter had been given the work of preaching the Good News to the Jews.

(Gal 2:7 NLT) Instead, they saw that God had given me the responsibility of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as he had given Peter the responsibility of preaching to the Jews.

(Gal 2:7 NRSV) On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel for the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel for the circumcised

(Gal 2:7 RSV) but on the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised

Unless you want to claim that all these translators were in some sort of collusion to disprove MAD, the verse doesn't say what you MADists claim it does.

There was one gospel. Peter preached the one gospel to circumcised people, Paul preached it to uncircumcised people.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
(Gal 1:8) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

In the above, Paul tells the Galatians that if anyone preaches any other gospel to them, they are to be accursed.

Years later, Peter preached to the Galatians:

(1 Peter 1:1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

According to MAD, the epistle of 1 Peter is a different gospel than what Paul preached.

If so, that would mean Peter should have been accursed for preaching a different gospel to the Galatians than the one Paul preached to the Galatians.

That's why it depends entirely on the time frames. IOW, when did Paul write and meet with Peter to teach him the mysteries, and when did Peter write his letters.

Right Divider

Body part
Why wasn't Peter accursed for preaching his alleged other gospel to the Galatians after Paul told the Galatians that if anyone preaches another gospel they are to be accursed?
You don't suppose that there was more than one person in Galatia, do you?

It's all pretty easy if you don't have your Tet blinders on.
Gal 1:8-9 KJV But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. (9) As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
This is precisely the problem that still goes on today.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's why it depends entirely on the time frames. IOW, when did Paul write and meet with Peter to teach him the mysteries, and when did Peter write his letters.

That doesn't answer the question.

Paul told the Galatians that if anyone preached a different gospel to them, they were to be accursed.

Years later Peter preached to the Galatians. MAD claims Peter preached a different gospel than Paul.

If so, why wasn't Peter accursed for preaching a different gospel to the Galatians?

Right Divider

Body part
That doesn't answer the question.

Paul told the Galatians that if anyone preached a different gospel to them, they were to be accursed.

Years later Peter preached to the Galatians. MAD claims Peter preached a different gospel than Paul.

If so, why wasn't Peter accursed for preaching a different gospel to the Galatians?
It's pretty funny that you're always telling us that Peter and Paul preached the same gospel to TWO different GROUPS of people and yet here in Galatia, you don't think that this can happen with TWO groups and TWO gospels.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You don't suppose that there was more than one person in Galatia, do you?

Peter makes it clear that Paul had previously written to the Galatians that Peter was addressing:

(2 Peter 3:15) Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.

So, once again, why was Peter not accursed for preaching a different gospel to the Galatians if Peter preached a different gospel than Paul to the Galatians?

Right Divider

Body part
Peter makes it clear that Paul had previously written to the Galatians that Peter was addressing:

(2 Peter 3:15) Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.

So, once again, why was Peter not accursed for preaching a different gospel to the Galatians if Peter preached a different gospel than Paul to the Galatians?
Where does it say what Paul wrote to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.