ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Where does Peter and the 12 preach redemption through the blood of Christ ? Paul did -

Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Colossians 1:14 KJV -

or where did they preach that we are saved and sealed by believing and trusting ?

Ephesians 1:13 KJV -

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Every Christian receives the gospel through a revelation. There's no other way to receive it.

If the gospel is received through human persuasion, it nullifies the wisdom and power of God.

John wrote a "book" called Revelation. Can one receive the gospel thru a book or does written language not work with the gospel?

Honestly man, if what you wrote here is right then why should anyone spread the Gospel? What point is there to evangelizing?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yet another verse that destroys MAD:

(1 Cor 4:17 KJV) For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

Compare what Paul says above to:

Paul did a lot of Jewish things early in his ministry.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Paul's teaching was to follow Christ, not himself.

1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
1Co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
1Co 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
1Co 1:15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
1Co 1:16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

If you truly follow Paul as he followed Christ then how is it that you do not?

Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

LA

LA I expect this to go nowhere, I'd bet my home on that being the case. But... read what Heir said, and see if you can pick out why I posted what I did, and then, respond rationally.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where does Peter and the 12 preach redemption through the blood of Christ ? Paul did -

Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Colossians 1:14 KJV -

or where did they preach that we are saved and sealed by believing and trusting ?

Ephesians 1:13 KJV -

(1 Peter 2:24) “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

As we see above, Peter preached the same gospel that Paul did.

brewmama

Galatians 1:11-12 KJV - Galatians 1:15-16 KJV - Galatians 1:17-18 KJV -

Galatians 2:2 KJV -

Try to comprehend what Paul says - focus !!

OK, lets take them each:

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Yes, yes, he got it by revelation, everyone knows that. And the Apostles got it personally from Jesus.
So? How do you get that they are different gospels from that quote?

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, 16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Yes, we know he was blind for 3 days, then "Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, 19 and after taking some food, he regained his strength.

Saul in Damascus and Jerusalem

Saul spent several days with the disciples in Damascus. 20 At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God. 21 All those who heard him were astonished and asked, “Isn’t he the man who raised havoc in Jerusalem among those who call on this name? And hasn’t he come here to take them as prisoners to the chief priests?” 22 Yet Saul grew more and more powerful and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Messiah

"Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days."

Now, how do you square that? Are you saying that he lied when he said he didn't confer with flesh and blood? That Luke lied in Acts? Or maybe that he suffered for a few days by himself, before he became established in the Church?
Somehow you read into that that he taught Peter. But it does not say that. Just what do you think that says?

And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

Where does that verse say that their gospels differed? If he had run in vain, that sounds like he was referring to a possibility that they might not agree. But there is nothing to say that that happened.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
(1 Peter 2:24) “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

As we see above, Peter preached the same gospel that Paul did.

Peter wrote that after hearing from Paul.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Read the entire passage

(1 Cor 4:14-17) I am writing this not to shame you but to warn you as my dear children. 15 Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you to imitate me. 17 For this reason I have sent to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church.

As we see above, Paul didn't want people to be followers of him.

(1 Cor 11:1) Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

Again, Paul didn't want people to be followers of him.

Ok, that's good.

So you agree that Peter and Paul preached the same gospel?

I don't see anyone claiming Paul wasn't taught directly by Jesus.

I see people disagreeing that Paul preached a different gospel than Peter.

Paul didn't want us to follow him. Paul wanted us to imitate how he followed Christ Jesus.

Huh?

Your ignorance amazes me and annoys me at the same time. Why do
you think that is? You believe Christ already returned in 70AD. Proof
of your ignorance of the Scriptures.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Posters need to try and escape their false doctrines, misrepresentations, heresies,
misinterpretations and ignorance. They can start by reading/studying the writings
of the Apostle Paul. (Romans through Philemon) Paul speaks to us today in this
Dispensation of Grace. Both to the Jew and the gentile. We are saved by faith
through Grace.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Peter wrote that after hearing from Paul.

That's correct.

And Peter made it clear that Paul had written to them before Peter wrote to them.

You have Peter and Paul preaching different gospels.

That's not possible.

If they preached different gospels, than according to Paul, Peter should have been accursed.

Status
Not open for further replies.