ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenios

It's useless talking to the blind, deaf and dumb

Does this mean that you do NOT talk to yourself??

Just a little - very little, I know, I know...

er...

Levity!

:)

I mean, you guys are pretty good at hurling insults...

Takes practice...

And coaching...

A.

achduke

That's a non-question, it's ridiculous. Peter finally conferred and barely began to understand Paul's teachings, when he finally started catching on he wrote 1 and 2 Peter.

Now see, my assertion is as good as yours, terrible.

I do not buy this. They were all of the Holy Spirit and in the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit does not lie. it is the same message from God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Probably because you're a Dispensationalist.

Dispensationalists like yourself, try to make the Bible fit the false teachings of John Nelson Darby, and that's something that just doesn't work.

Your belief that Christ already returned to planet earth in 70AD isn't
exactly a winner. I thought I'd remind you, oh ignorant one.

Right Divider

Body part
Where do you get out of that verse that Peter need to learn from Paul? I think there is some serious lack of reading comprehension going on here.

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Do you really think Peter is referring to himself as being unlearned and unstable?
Peter specifically says "according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you".

Note that Peter does not say the wisdom given unto US.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Heir, I have read Corinthians many times. Noting it is believed Paul wrote about 3/4 of the New Testament. I have never perceived Paul as saying follow Paul. But the words he speaks is to obey and follow Jesus.
Silly. He literally says, be ye followers of me/ follow me. You just don't want to do what you're told.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No.

Jesus preached that to follow Christ one must take up their own cross as He did His.
That would lead to them dying you fool!

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Luke 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Revelation 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

LA
:chuckle:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Your false Jesus can't even fully pay for your sins in this life. Your opinion counts for nothing on this.

Poor thing believes not and is blinded (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). That's what the Catholic church does to a person (2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 Cor. 3:4 --- For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? (KJV)

for when one may say, 'I, indeed, am of Paul;' and another, 'I -- of Apollos;' are ye not fleshly? (YLT)

For when some one says, "I belong to Paul," and another says, "I belong to Apollos," is not this the way men of the world speak? (WNT)
Keep reading!

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Corinthians 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1 Corinthians 4:17 For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

Cross Reference

Keep reading!

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
Come again!!

"I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father." 1 John 2:13 (KJV)

John 1:12 (KJV)
"But as many as received him, to them [children] gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name" . . . . . . . . unto fatherhood in God, those that beget sons [born again of God but as children] who then are as sons to become fathers themselves and repeat the process.

Unfortunately many of His kids get hijacked away from His family by wacko's. Do you know anything about that, heir? is that what happened to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.