ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Well not until after the resurrection and Pentecost, :duh:
You just want to sweep truth under the rub, eh?

The 12 preached the gospel of the kingdom for over TWO YEARS, without preaching the CROSS AT ALL or Christ's DEATH for SIN.

How can THAT be the same gospel that Paul preached which was NOTHING BUT the CROSS?
1Co 2:2 KJV For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
I guess that you're happier with your head in the sand.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Just an aside. Why did Paul go into synagogues to preach?

Paul tried to preach to the Jews more than once and was set up for capture.

Acts 13:5 KJV -

And here is another example before the Apostles knew of Paul's gospel and as Jesus Himself said that he is sent for Israel only.

Acts 11:19 KJV -

brewmama

Luke 18:31-32 KJV - Luke 18:33-34 KJV -

Yes, RD - the twelve did not know of the coming revelations to Paul.

How can you possibly compare the pre-crucifixion and pre-resurrection Apostles to the ones after Pentecost?

What revelations to Paul, outside of "5 “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.

“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. 6 “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.” BY THE CHURCH THERE.

brewmama

You just want to sweep truth under the rub, eh?

The 12 preached the gospel of the kingdom for over TWO YEARS, without preaching the CROSS AT ALL or Christ's DEATH for SIN.

How can THAT be the same gospel that Paul preached which was NOTHING BUT the CROSS?
1Co 2:2 KJV For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
I guess that you're happier with your head in the sand.

I at least can see reality, which apparently is not available to some.

brewmama

"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

How is this different than Stephen and Peter preaching Christ crucified?

Right Divider

Body part
"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Not until you explain to me how the 12 could preach the gospel of the kingdom for more than two years WITHOUT the cross.

Arsenios

(12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. (13)

So RD - Please tell me this is not so...

Please tell me that you do NOT think that what Paul means by this is
that the Jewish Apostles did NOT trust Christ before Paul...

Please tell me it isn't so...

Arsenios

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Same LORD, different GOSPEL, Mr. Dictionary Man.

I think you mean concordance.

In the KJB, the Apostle Paul uses the phrase "my gospel" 3 times.

In the KJB the Apostle Paul uses the phrase "my Lord" 2 times.

You want us to believe that when Paul uses "my gospel" it refers to a different gospel than Peter preached, but when Paul uses "my Lord" it refers to the same Lord as Peter.

Don't you realize how foolish you sound?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Because they didn't preach things like this

Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Colossians 1:14-15 - Colossians 1:16-17 KJV -

Different.

Arsenios

Not until you explain to me how the 12 could preach the gospel of the kingdom for more than two years WITHOUT the cross.

The good news of the Kingdom is that it is here and now, is taken by force, by repentance from sin and Baptism into Christ... Forceful repentance from sin means, as Christ taught, the taking up of one's own cross and following Christ... This IS the preaching of the Cross which Paul preached, and which he lived, and in which he died...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Because they didn't preach things like this

Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Colossians 1:14-15 - Colossians 1:16-17 KJV -

Different.

Where exactly does Scripture state that they did NOT PREACH these things?

These are the very things Peter and Iakovos and John affirmed in Paul when he came to them privately for their fellowship...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul used the phrase "our gospel" 3 times in the KJB.

That's the exact same amount of times he used the phrase "my gospel".

Yet, MADists what us to believe that Paul was not including Peter when Paul used the pronoun "our".

Right Divider

Body part
Paul used the phrase "our gospel" 3 times in the KJB.

That's the exact same amount of times he used the phrase "my gospel".

Yet, MADists what us to believe that Paul was not including Peter when Paul used the pronoun "our".
So you're AMAZING at MATH too? Wow.

How many times did Peter say MY GOSPEL?

Right Divider

Body part

You want us to believe that when Paul uses "my gospel" it refers to a different gospel than Peter preached, but when Paul uses "my Lord" it refers to the same Lord as Peter.

Don't you realize how foolish you sound?
Nope, I meant dictionary.:luigi:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So you're AMAZING at MATH too? Wow.

How many times did Peter say MY GOSPEL?

(Gal 1:8) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

In the above, Paul tells the Galatians that if anyone preaches any other gospel to them, they are to be accursed.

Years later, Peter preached to the Galatians:

(1 Peter 1:1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

According to MAD, the epistle of 1 Peter is a different gospel than what Paul preached.

If so, that would mean Peter should have been accursed for preaching a different gospel to the Galatians than the one Paul preached to the Galatians.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Galatians 1:12 KJV -

Did Peter say that ?

Right Divider

Body part
(Gal 1:8) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

In the above, Paul tells the Galatians that if anyone preaches any other gospel to them, they are to be accursed.

Years later, Peter preached to the Galatians:

(1 Peter 1:1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

According to MAD, the epistle of 1 Peter is a different gospel than what Paul preached.

If so, that would mean Peter should have been accursed for preaching a different gospel to the Galatians than the one Paul preached to the Galatians.
So I guess that the answer is ZERO?

Status
Not open for further replies.