ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewmama

What an amazing DECEIVER you are.

This was not ONLY what he preached. Paul INDEED CONFIRMED all of God's Word. This does NOT mean that Paul ONLY received what had ALREADY been revealed.

Paul always made it clear that he receive SOME things that others had NOT received. This is why Paul can say MY GOSPEL (three times)!

It should also be noted that you were quite DISINGENUOUS to CHOP the first part of the VERSE (this is called lying).
Gal 1:21-24 KJV Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; (22) And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: (23) But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. (24) And they glorified God in me.
So they had not actually heard Paul preaching, but were relying on second-hand information.

So? What is it that you think that proves?? Is that your way of not answering the question?

Cross Reference

What an amazing DECEIVER you are.

This was not ONLY what he preached. Paul INDEED CONFIRMED all of God's Word. This does NOT mean that Paul ONLY received what had ALREADY been revealed.

Paul always made it clear that he receive SOME things that others had NOT received. This is why Paul can say MY GOSPEL (three times)!

It should also be noted that you were quite DISINGENUOUS to CHOP the first part of the VERSE (this is called lying).
Gal 1:21-24 KJV Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; (22) And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: (23) But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. (24) And they glorified God in me.
So they had not actually heard Paul preaching, but were relying on second-hand information.

You want to be called one who is of Paul. Is that correct?

Arsenios

Acts 15

1And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” 2 Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.

5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”

6 Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter. 7 And when there had been much dispute

Tet: "There was no dispute."

Nick - This seems disingenuous of you... This account of yours is a PUBLIC discussion that led to a DECISION by the Church at Jerusalem long AFTER the meeting Tet was referring to....

Tet is referring to a PRIVATE meeting with "those of repute" by Paul, "Lest I should run, or had run, in vain..." There was NO dispute in this private meeting, and you are dragging a different meeting in your effort to discredit Tet...

Arsenios

oatmeal

Nope! Things that are different are not the same.

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Follow Paul!

What is the difference between what LA shows in Acts and what Paul writes?

Philippians 3:17

Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Are you suggesting that Peter was not walking the word?

"mark them" not "mark only me"

Silas walked, Timothy walked, Lydia walked, Aquila and Priscilla walked.

See Romans 16: for a list that Paul praises for what? their walk.

I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:

2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:

4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

5 Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my well-beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.

6 Greet Mary, who bestowed much labour on us.

7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

8 Greet Amplias my beloved in the Lord.

9 Salute Urbane, our helper in Christ, and Stachys my beloved.

10 Salute Apelles approved in Christ. Salute them which are of Aristobulus' household.

11 Salute Herodion my kinsman. Greet them that be of the household of Narcissus, which are in the Lord.

12 Salute Tryphena and Tryphosa, who labour in the Lord. Salute the beloved Persis, which laboured much in the Lord.

13 Salute Rufus chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine.

14 Salute Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermas, Patrobas, Hermes, and the brethren which are with them.

15 Salute Philologus, and Julia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints which are with them.

16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

21 Timotheus my workfellow, and Lucius, and Jason, and Sosipater, my kinsmen, salute you.

22 I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lord.

23 Gaius mine host, and of the whole church, saluteth you. Erastus the chamberlain of the city saluteth you, and Quartus a brother.

24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

None of the these people including Paul and Peter walked perfectly, however we are to follow their righteous examples of living God's word

brewmama

Mocked by an unbeliever.... no problem.

You are a riot! I'm the unbeliever, although I am in the same Church that took care of Paul when he came there blind, that until the recent Syrian conflict [the Patriarchate] was in Damascus on the "street called Straight".

And the same Church that includes all the churches that Paul founded, that exist up until this day. Yet you claim you know more about St. Paul than us!

Right Divider

Body part
You are a riot! I'm the unbeliever, although I am in the same Church that took care of Paul when he came there blind, that until the recent Syrian conflict [the Patriarchate] was in Damascus on the "street called Straight".

And the same Church that includes all the churches that Paul founded, that exist up until this day. Yet you claim you know more about St. Paul than us!
You Romanists are so proud and so wrong.

The TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes is ALL about Israel. Your "leadership" is just EXACTLY like the leadership of Israel FROM WHICH the kingdom of God was TAKEN.

brewmama

Has your entire sin debt to God been forever wiped from His sight? Yes or no.

Yes of course. Just what point exactly are y'all trying to make?

"Salvation, or "being saved," therefore, refers to this process of being saved from death and corruption and the fate of hell. The Orthodox Church believes that its teachings and practices represent the true path to participation in the gifts of God. Yet, it should be understood that the Orthodox do not believe that you must be Orthodox to participate in salvation. God is merciful to all. The Orthodox believe that there is nothing that a person (Orthodox or non-Orthodox) can do to earn salvation. It is rather a gift from God. However, this gift of relationship has to be accepted by the believer, since God will not force salvation on humanity. Man is free to reject the gift of salvation continually offered by God. To be saved, man must work together with God in a synergeia whereby his entire being, including his will, effort and actions, are perfectly conformed with, and united to, the divine."

brewmama

You Romanists are so proud and so wrong.

The TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes is ALL about Israel. Your "leadership" is just EXACTLY like the leadership of Israel FROM WHICH the kingdom of God was TAKEN.

Oh knowledgeable wise one, please explain why Christ went to all that trouble to have 12 disciples follow Him for several years, and be present at His crucifixion, resurrection and ascension, tell them to take the gospel to the ends of the earth and to found His Church, send the Holy Spirit down on Pentecost at the "birthday" of the Church, give them the gift of tongues, all just for Israel? And then pick 1 guy for the rest of the world? You really think that makes sense?

And how do you explain St. Thomas going to India, St. James going to Spain, St. Peter going to Antioch and Rome, along with various other places?

brewmama

If that's true, you must believe that if you drop dead ten seconds from now, you are 100% positive that you will find yourself with God, with nothing between you and Him for eternity, yes?

Yes. Again, what's your point?

And why do you keep calling me a "Romanist"?

Status
Not open for further replies.