ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Galatians 2:1 KJV - Galatians 2:2 KJV - Galatians 2:7-8 KJV -

Galatians 2:11 KJV

(Gal 2:2) I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.

Why did Paul meet with the leaders in Jerusalem regarding the gospel he was preaching to the Gentiles? According to MAD the leaders in Jerusalem preached a different gospel.

If the leaders in Jerusalem had never heard of this allegedly different gospel, and were allegedly preaching a different gospel than Paul, how would they be able to tell Paul if he was "running his race in vain" or not?

brewmama

Your false Jesus can't even fully pay for your sins in this life. Your opinion counts for nothing on this.

Ah the loving kindness of a true Christian. And the slap in the face of the Lord and Savior himself! That takes SOME hubris.

The truth sounds silly and ignorant sometimes. Does it hurt ?

Since nothing you guys (whatever crazy group you are, I've never even heard of such a wacky theory) have posted in any way proves what you are saying, I'd say that's quite a claim on the truth. It was never taught in the first 1500 years of Christianity.

I go by the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I wasn't aware Paul wrote a gospel. What Bible do y'all use?

brewmama

I submit that if the roles were reversed and Peter had received the revelations from Christ, I would be a Peter follower. It's the information and not the person. If God had chosen a man named BillyBob we would follow BillyBob's gospel because it came from Jesus Christ.

You deny that Peter was a follower of Jesus?? That he was a disciple and Apostle? You think he was not taught by Jesus himself?

Unbelievable! :jawdrop:

brewmama

1 Cor. 3:4 --- For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? (KJV)

for when one may say, 'I, indeed, am of Paul;' and another, 'I -- of Apollos;' are ye not fleshly? (YLT)

For when some one says, "I belong to Paul," and another says, "I belong to Apollos," is not this the way men of the world speak? (WNT)

Exactly right! How can people not see this? :confused:

Interplanner

Ah the loving kindness of a true Christian. And the slap in the face of the Lord and Savior himself! That takes SOME hubris.

Since nothing you guys (whatever crazy group you are, I've never even heard of such a wacky theory) have posted in any way proves what you are saying, I'd say that's quite a claim on the truth. It was never taught in the first 1500 years of Christianity.

I go by the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I wasn't aware Paul wrote a gospel. What Bible do y'all use?

When Paul referred to his gospel, he didn't mean a document like the other 4. He did mean the complete treatment of what happened in Christ using the method of usage of OT passages that he had been taught in Christ. Maybe the best place to see it is the sermon in Acts 13, but of course there is Romans 1-5, too.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What is worse is people who don't read at all what is there for understanding and proceed to argue from willful ignorance..

I'm highly educated in the King James Bible, more so than you for sure. It's obvious that you can't read if you think I said Peter was not a follower of Christ. Go back to bed

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm highly educated in the King James Bible

If so, why do you not believe the following verse from the KJB?

(Rom 16:7 KJV) Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

You want us to believe that Andronicus and Junia were in some sort of different "program" than what Paul was in.

How is that possible, when Paul himself, says they were "in Christ" before he was?

MAD is a mess.

Cross Reference

I'm highly educated in the King James Bible, more so than you for sure. It's obvious that you can't read if you think I said Peter was not a follower of Christ. Go back to bed

All that headiness reveals is your higher than mighty PP attitude. Learn to read for understanding instead of an Eagle badge.

Last edited:

brewmama

Yes, it says Christ alone, that's Paul speaking. Nobody belongs to Paul or Peter, we all belong to God. MAD folks don't put Paul on a pedestal, nor do we worship him. Paul simply has exclusive revelation from God.

Uh huh. So what "exclusive" revelation did Paul receive besides this?

"“Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”

5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?”

"Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

6 So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?”

Then the Lord said to him, “Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why did Paul meet with the leaders in Jerusalem regarding the gospel he was preaching to the Gentiles? According to MAD the leaders in Jerusalem preached a different gospel.

Acts 15

1And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” 2 Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.

5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”

6 Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter. 7 And when there had been much dispute

Tet: There was no dispute.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 15

1And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” 2 Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.

5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”

6 Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter. 7 And when there had been much dispute

The dispute was not about preaching two different gospels of Christ.

There is only one ever gospel of Christ and they all preached it.

LA

brewmama

Acts 15

Hmmm, good point. Paul sent the dispute to the Apostles. Guess he wasn't the boss then.

Arsenios

Your false Jesus can't even fully pay for your sins in this life.
Your opinion counts for nothing on this.

It is hard to kick against the pricks...
Your attack on the person...
Like those [attacks] of the Jews [on Christians]...
Fail to answer Christ in Paul...

Who said he preaches the Faith, through the Gospel,
Which he had previously been destroying...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Correct.

Moreover, Jesus said the following to Paul:

(Acts 9:4) ..."Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"

MADists claim the people Saul persecuted were NOT members of the Body of Christ.

Yet, Jesus referred to those people as "me".

MAD is a mess.

Attacking them verbally is not helpful...

They are sincere, and can be obnoxious...

So what?

You can't accuse them of 'luke-warm'...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Paul simply has exclusive revelation from God.

Paul wrote:

1Cor 14:32
And the spirits of the Prophets
are subject to the Prophets.

So do you think that he wrote this for all others except himself?

Or was Paul himself subject to those like himself?

Or was he subject to Iakovos, John and Peter...

"Lest I ... had run in vain..."? Gal 2:2

God Himself sent Him to them for their confirmation of him in the Gospel he was preaching... And they were of one accord...

He received their approval of his Gospel...

Arsenios

Right Divider

Body part
Explain Paul's own words:

(Gal 1:23) ...“The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.”

You claim that what Paul once tried to destroy was a different gospel than what Paul preached.

That's not what Paul says in Gal 1:23
What an amazing DECEIVER you are.

This was not ONLY what he preached. Paul INDEED CONFIRMED all of God's Word. This does NOT mean that Paul ONLY received what had ALREADY been revealed.

Paul always made it clear that he receive SOME things that others had NOT received. This is why Paul can say MY GOSPEL (three times)!

It should also be noted that you were quite DISINGENUOUS to CHOP the first part of the VERSE (this is called lying).
Gal 1:21-24 KJV Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; (22) And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: (23) But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. (24) And they glorified God in me.
So they had not actually heard Paul preaching, but were relying on second-hand information.

Status
Not open for further replies.