Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMJerusha

If abortion is murder, then why does scripture treat it otherwise?

You can sit there and affirm your standing that abortion is murder all you want, but it simply is not true and I proved it during the first half of this thread.
~Utterly~ Your belief is a lie, it's not coming from Abrahamic religion at all.

You can call yourself a murderer all you want, all I see is a person made to feel a degree of guilt by a bunch of fools.

I am not defined by an Abrahamic religion. I am defined by my faith in Yeshua and the leading of Ruach HaKodesh. I am not guilty because I have God's full forgiveness. I am also not a fool to believe that Scripture condones abortion. I do recognize, sadly, a person who does not take God at His Word and carries contempt for the Body...so much so that you feel good accusing a murderer of enjoying the title.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
I am not defined by an Abrahamic religion. I am defined by my faith in Yeshua and the leading of Ruach HaKodesh. I am not guilty because I have God's full forgiveness. I am also not a fool to believe that Scripture condones abortion.

You're not guilty because you didn't murder anybody :doh:

Also
Scripture does not condone abortion. It just doesn't call it murder. ~For the umpteenth time~.
Black and whiting an issue usually means that you know you are wrong and are playing at semantics. I've done this twirl before, and I have a disciple of Moses proving my standing so...
You're wrong :thumb:

Scripture shows the truth until one doesn't agree with it, I suppose. It's ironic that only the Bible thumpers ever have an issue with scripture. I've noticed this throughout the entirety of protestants accusing Catholics of being unbiblical.
It's very strange to behold.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
Abortion is legal in the same states in which the murder of a pregnant woman to kill the fetus is capitol murder.

~Feminism~
It's property until the woman is hurt, and then it's double homicide.

There's double standards everywhere. Still doesn't reflect on abortion actually being murder though.

IMJerusha

Such denial of the truth with the perpetuation of calling people murderers is very well noted as well. How can any of you actually sit there and comment on my 'behavior'. Seriously, what planet are you from?

Apparently the one where God dwells in peoples hearts.

Nimrod

If women had the vote and men didn't, would you make the same argument to show that the number of laws on the statute books was the fault of men?

Did I state a fact or a 'what if'?
Fact is, after women got the right to vote, we got bigger government.
Do you disagree with that fact?

Your question is bogus. Men and women are not equal. Switching the gender will not get you the same identical conclusion in a scientific lab experiment.

I don't know what world you live in where women get the right to vote and men don't. Never seen or heard of it. Your 'what if' question has too many assumptions.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Makes me wonder what kind of Catholic she is, as it seems more Anglicanish then Roman.

She doesn't seem to have the proper attitude of papal catholicism. RCLady seems to be a proper Catholic woman; doesn't go around trumping feminism and all that nonsense.
Others could learn :thumb:

~Speaking of which, ask the Church what she thinks of feminism, and the answer one will ultimately deduce is that it's foolish~
I don't understand how any RC could possibly adhere to it, as part of being Catholic is going to the Church for such inquiries.
Hmmm.
Are the members of the RCC (both men and women) supposed to be submissive to Mary (a woman)?

IMJerusha

Still doesn't reflect on abortion actually being murder though.

"As soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy." –Luke 1:44

Since when do dead things have feelings?

"If men fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman's husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe." –Exodus 21:22-25

Since when is the death penalty ascribed for miscarriage?

"For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother's womb." Luke 1:15

Only that which is living can be filled with the Ruach. When we terminate life we are committing murder; murder being the premeditated or purposeful cessation of life.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Hmmm.
Are the members of the RCC (both men and women) supposed to be submissive to Mary (a woman)?

And he wonders what kind of Catholic I am.... at least I agree with the Church that abortion is murder.

Seems he only thinks Catholic women who appear submissive are the right "kind" of Catholic women.

But to answer your question, no, we're not to be submissive to Mary.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
And he wonders what kind of Catholic I am.... at least I agree with the Church that abortion is murder

Except the Church doesn't call abortion murder.

I mean, seriously, I am super winning right now :chuckle:. ~With all yall~ If I didn't know better, I'd say you were purposefully sabotaging your standing.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I mean, seriously, I am super winning right now :chuckle:. ~With all yall~ If I didn't know better, I'd say you were purposefully sabotaging your standing.

Uh, sorry. Ya gotta listen to the Pope:
"Therefore, by the authority which Christ conferred upon Peter and his successors . . . I declare that direct abortion, that is, abortion willed as an end or as a means, always constitutes a grave moral disorder, since it is the deliberate killing of an innocent human being. This doctrine is based upon the natural law and upon the written word of God, is transmitted by the Church’s tradition and taught by the ordinary and universal magisterium. No circumstance, no purpose, no law whatsoever can ever make licit an act which is intrinsically illicit, since it is contrary to the law of God which is written in every human heart, knowable by reason itself, and proclaimed by the Church" (Evangelium Vitae 62).

~Keep on chuckling, big guy.~

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

IF you truly believe you have a leg to stand on on this issue, give it it's own thread and make a topic.

Unless, of course, you don't have the guts to make the declaration publicly where EVERYONE can read and discuss it rather than bury it as an off topic comment in this thread.

Selaphiel

LOL
Blame it on the imaginary injustices of women.

Women have had fair education for a long time now, and men still run the field.
The thing about science is that there is no such thing as prejudice. Galileo for example was pinned against the entire Church and virtually all of society. Did it stop his discoveries from becoming prevalent?

No, it didn't.
But now we're going to sit here and say that women who don't have remotely the amount of prejudice aimed at them are being held down?

That's pretty hilarious. The fact of the matter is that men have simply conquered science because they have the type of brain to do it.

The stupidity of society has reached an all time high- even as far back as the 1930's, a man and his wife discovered the dangerous attributes of radiation.
So that goes to show that women have had ample opportunity to give unto science and simply HAVE NOT- because it's a man's field.

With women usurping roles of men, it is more often then not 'experimental'- for the sole sake of having a woman in said role.
But these ~facts~ are ~misogynistic~. Go back: the stupidity of society.

I think you need to take a second look at your Galileo example. His theory was questioned, not his right, not the properness of him doing that sort of work and not his ability to carry out the kind of work he did.

How do you explain the extreme surge in female Nobel laureates post-women liberation then? Now that we are seeing a better balance between men and women in academia, they are steadily getting more and more Nobel prizes in science. You do realize that scientific departments just get more and more female professors right? It is just a matter of time before most departments of science will have a near equal balance of male and female scientists.

IMJerusha

Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant. Whole different paradigm going on there.

:chuckle: Of course. There's nothing in Scripture to support that paradigm. One can make Scripture support it if one wiggles it around enough but that's a strictly Catholic doctrine with no basis in God's Truth other than God found favor with Mary and she bore, as a virgin, Yeshua HaMashiach.

The 5 solas

:chuckle: Of course. There's nothing in Scripture to support that paradigm. One can make Scripture support it if one wiggles it around enough but that's a strictly Catholic doctrine with no basis in God's Truth other than God found favor with Mary and she bore, as a virgin, Yeshua HaMashiach.

They have to do more than wiggle around....
they have to do the hokey pokey to say what they do about Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.