Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
An innocent life which is not even born? A life which has experienced nothing, knows nothing, and which loses nothing more then a seed and an egg dispatching into a dead end..

The legal argument fails considerably. And make no mistake, that's what your standing is- a legal fiction:

You define life in a completely different way until the subject of fetuses arise. And that's been a problem throughout the centuries, apparently, as church leaders have failed to agree through history.

The most prevalent of the cases for abortion is that life doesn't begin until the explicit animation of the fetus- that is, when it moves. That is when the supposed spark of the soul comes to be: the moment of the soul's action in reality.

See the legality there? It doesn't mesh with what is otherwise considered human life, in which one is autonomous and perceiving, and experiencing.

You see this with Adam, when God did precisely that. He wasn't born from a womb, he breathed life and upon so, became a living soul.

The reason abortion is sinful is because it is generally disgraceful. It is an unnatural act not intended for us to do. Like homosexuality.
It's a subject of natural law, not murder.

So were all the saints who were martyred by Christendom and later canonized.
It's an odd position to think the Church is always inerrant when, first and foremost, admits it is not AND realizes it's mistakes by doing things such as ~canonizing once assumed heretics~.

You do not see the unborn baby as an innocent person worthy of protection ... got it. Actual prolife advocates DO see the unborn as innocent human beings.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The voting argument is weak.

I pay into Social Security. It is evil. It needs to go away. When I reach the age to receive, I will most certainly will take.

If Nang has the right to vote she can. You guys can't count? Is 2 greater than 1?

I don't think SS is a good analogy. You pay into SS so it is understandable to pull that back out even if you think the SS system should be abolished. Is there a 'paying into' for the voting issue? :idunno:

Also, when people talk about SS being evil I think it is usually because they think it is theft. So pulling money out would just be taking back what is rightfully yours.

I'd need to see more about why Nang doesn't think women should have been given the right to vote to say any more though.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course I am against women being abused and do not think it has to be tolerated, but I am also against divorce, so before offering counsel and resolution in any such situation involving either, one must become aware of all history and details of the problems.

There is biblical hope, relief, and even resolution possible for persons in abusive relationships, if they find a scriptural Christian Pastor, Elder, or counselor who is properly equipped to counsel and who will faithfully go the the Word of God to provide answers for the spouse(s) in need.

Nang

This is the first time you have stated it's wrong ... why is that?

Arthur Brain

Keywords: Misogynistic and patriarch.

A patriarchal society by its own definition is misogynistic. Any society that oppresses the rights of women is misogynistic as are those like yourself who still wish to have women deprived of equal rights under law.

Aurthur Brain is a feminist.

I dunno who 'Aurthur Brain' is but you're certainly a misogynist, as well as aptly named...

What happened when we gave women the right to vote? Bigger Government, which means more tyranny. Why is that? Because there is more suffrage to deal with.

What a load of absolute bollocks.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
You do not see the unborn baby as an innocent person worthy of protection ... got it. Actual prolife advocates DO see the unborn as innocent human beings.

I see fetuses as worthy of protection- but not over those already truly alive and sentient.

Like the Levites- the woman's life was more then the infants. Draw whatever conclusion that one wants from that- the woman's role as mother to a family is more valuable; whatever.

The fact remains that no matter how you present your case with abortion being murder, it never stacks up right.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
A patriarchal society by its own definition is misogynistic. Any society that oppresses the rights of women is misogynistic as are those like yourself who still wish to have women deprived of equal rights under law.

A patriarchal society exists even today. The only difference is that women can now ruin families, perform abortions, deprive men's lives in courtrooms, and pretend that they are as good as men within the roles of men.

In other words, it's all just an illusion, and has reaped nothing but perdition in society.
Think about the drive mankind had before 'feminism', and how it now just sits around in ignorant bliss.
The issues stated above, for example, would have been taken care of a long time ago, but those like you are just hypnotized by a fool's facade.

The real injustices just sit on the wayside while you are too busy laboring under feminist philosophy. ~among other things~

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If you've already answered this then I apologize but...

Why?

The voting laws were just fine as they were written, for a Representative Republic to function effectively.

I also believe the vote should have remained in the purview of (male) land-owners.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
From ~La' Me~ in the "Beginning of Personhood" thread:

~Exodus 21:22-23~
If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life.

~Leviticus 27:6~
And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver.

~Numbers 3:15-16~
Number the children of Levi after the house of their fathers, by their families: every male from a month old and upward shalt thou number them. And Moses numbered them according to the word of the LORD.

~Numbers 31:15-17~
And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

Doesn't sound very 'abortion-is-murder-ish' to me. Seems like the Old Testament took a very desensitized stance on fetuses and infants altogether.
If there's nothing new under the sun according to Solomon, then why are we treating abortion as something new..

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
A patriarchal society exists even today. The only difference is that women can now ruin families, perform abortions, deprive men's lives in courtrooms, and pretend that they are as good as men within the roles of men.

In other words, it's all just an illusion, and has reaped nothing but perdition in society.
Think about the drive mankind had before 'feminism', and how it now just sits around in ignorant bliss.
The issues stated above, for example, would have been taken care of a long time ago, but those like you are just hypnotized by a fool's facade.

The real injustices just sit on the wayside while you are too busy laboring under feminist philosophy. ~among other things~

You clearly hate women, i suggest you just stay away from us and be an island to yourself.

Arthur Brain

Oh get a grip. The difference today is that women are no longer subjugated by men and have a voice in areas that you just don't seem to be happy about. Well suck it up. How many women's lives were ruined when they didn't have a voice? How many jobs are women equally adept at as men? Plenty is what in answer to both the above. You can't blame women having equal rights as a reason why certain injustices take place in a courtroom - for either sex. Well you can, but you'd be a moron...

Uh, yeah, cos if we go back to the time where women were denied any kind of say we also had black people treat like crap and children shot up chimneys etc etc...you're just masking misogyny with a load of fancy sounding drivel.

You're just talking a pile of ignorant garbage. There's nothing 'just' where a woman could be raped in her own house and was powerless to do anything about it with the authorities. Unless you have a peanut for a brain you'll know that this went on in times where women had no voice to protest with. I'm not in favour of any injustice where men get a bad deal either - so you can quit with that little bunny trail...

The 5 solas

Arthur, my understanding of a misogynist, is a person who hates or doesn't trust women. Is that the definition that you are working with too? I ask this because I do not believe a patriarchal society (albeit one run in a godly fashion) is a bad thing. I do not see it as a society that hates or distrusts women. Ideally, it is one where the women are allowed all their freedoms but also the idea of some protection and provision. I guess that sounds archaic when I type it and see how that would grate on some people...but it is the Biblical model, which I embrace.

One's concept of oppression can vary too, depending on circumstances and worldview. I do not think it is oppressive to say that a married woman with children, should be at home raising them rather than putting them in a daycare. Some women would find that very oppressive.

Equal rights under the law....I believe we have that. I do not see how one sex is favoured over the other at least in Canada and USA law.

I guess I am just trying to understand the vantage point that others are coming from.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The voting laws were just fine as they were written, for a Representative Republic to function effectively.

I also believe the vote should have remained in the purview of (male) land-owners.

Why male landowners?

How does only male landowners voting lead to an effectively functioning Republic?

Nang said:
Feminism is evidence of unbelief and rebellion against the will and word of God.

What ignites and fuels feminism, is women refusing the Godly commands in Genesis 3:16

They abort their children and usurp their husbands.

That is as devilish as anything can possibly be.
Do you think women voting is a rebellion against the will and word of God? Do women voting usurp the authority of husbands and men?

Or does it depend on how a woman votes?

The 5 solas

I'm clearly anti-feminist, and that I suppose does equate to misogyny according to feminists. Go figure :chuckle:

I really think you have taken it a step further because although I have tried to take you with a grain of salt, as it were....you really do come across as hateful towards women.

You keep mentioning the court and laws of the land. It sounds like you might have lost access to your kids or know someone close to you who did. It seems to have deepened your bitterness. I am only speculating and have no idea what happened, but whatever it was...not all women are the same, so you should not write them all off.

Status
Not open for further replies.