Fast Food workers protest and demand more money.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Seriously, this boils down to sick American middle class screwed-in-the-head-ism.

Let's compare Mitt Romney and Joe Biden.

According to their tax returns, Romney gave away 30% of his income to charity. Biden gave 0.05% of his income to charity.

This proves my point. Liberals like Biden don't give jack, while Conservatives like Romney give lots.

Yet, it is Liberals like Biden who go around claiming they want to help the poor.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Let's compare Mitt Romney and Joe Biden.

According to their tax returns, Romney gave away 30% of his income to charity. Biden gave 0.5% of his income to charity.

This proves my point. Liberals like Biden don't give jack, while Conservatives like Romney give lots.

Yet, it is Liberals like Biden who go around claiming they want to help the poor.

No, let's look at you.

You say, you're a Christian.

Are you homeless? Are you poor?

Because he said so.

Do you live as the least amongst these?

No?

Cause he said he'd be there.

Whenever there are poor people, or raped people, or out of my life jeez am I so screwed, where...where exactly are you?

Jesus never praised the rich.

Never praised the strong.

You're a pack of wacks who think Jesus done you a favor.

Blessed are the rich, for they shall surely inherit the earth.

I'm so glad I'm not like this tax collector. I mean, seriously--have you seen this guy?

Lord, this beggar keeps showing up. His dogs, too. Can you wrangle that for a bro?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Basically, I have an atheist telling me Jesus doesn't know me because I don't agree with Obama's "spreading the wealth".

granite's just trolling - he's been down this path dozens of times

if you stop responding to him he'll get bored, finish whatever he's drinking and pass out

or, if you're really lucky, he'll put you on ignore :chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
And there's Dave, always trolling.

I know what you look like. I understand why you stay off date websites. I mean, yeeeesh.

:rotfl:

Ah, Christian values.

Alate_One

You said people who want more without earning it. Those workers felt they earned it! They worked more than the people who got the same wages.

Look at it this way, these workers are asking for mercy in wages. And you don't want to give it to them, even though that's how God operates.

You're like the man who wouldn't forgive his fellow debtor . ..

“Therefore, the Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to a king who decided to bring his accounts up to date with servants who had borrowed money from him. 24 In the process, one of his debtors was brought in who owed him millions of dollars.[c] 25 He couldn’t pay, so his master ordered that he be sold—along with his wife, his children, and everything he owned—to pay the debt.

26 “But the man fell down before his master and begged him, ‘Please, be patient with me, and I will pay it all.’ 27 Then his master was filled with pity for him, and he released him and forgave his debt.

28 “But when the man left the king, he went to a fellow servant who owed him a few thousand dollars.[d] He grabbed him by the throat and demanded instant payment.

29 “His fellow servant fell down before him and begged for a little more time. ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it,’ he pleaded. 30 But his creditor wouldn’t wait. He had the man arrested and put in prison until the debt could be paid in full.

31 “When some of the other servants saw this, they were very upset. They went to the king and told him everything that had happened. 32 Then the king called in the man he had forgiven and said, ‘You evil servant! I forgave you that tremendous debt because you pleaded with me. 33 Shouldn’t you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?’ 34 Then the angry king sent the man to prison to be tortured until he had paid his entire debt.

You've had your sins forgiven and been granted eternal life but you can't stomach the idea of people being paid a living wage? Seriously?

Granite

Hall of Fame
The average right wing Christian of today isn't too dissimilar from the Pharisees of Jesus' day, unfortunately.

The ones who buried their ears, screeched, and howled.

Yeah, those same guys.

Jesus I know.

And Paul I know.

But...who are you?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So, you had a high school job that makes you thoroughly familiar with the running of a fast food restaurant?

No again. I was in college and also a business manager at the same time. Let me know when you are done assuming things about my life. Do you know many business managers that are in high school? How ridiculous.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You said people who want more without earning it. Those workers felt they earned it! They worked more than the people who got the same wages.

Look at it this way, these workers are asking for mercy in wages. And you don't want to give it to them, even though that's how God operates.

You're like the man who wouldn't forgive his fellow debtor . ..

“Therefore, the Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to a king who decided to bring his accounts up to date with servants who had borrowed money from him. 24 In the process, one of his debtors was brought in who owed him millions of dollars.[c] 25 He couldn’t pay, so his master ordered that he be sold—along with his wife, his children, and everything he owned—to pay the debt.

26 “But the man fell down before his master and begged him, ‘Please, be patient with me, and I will pay it all.’ 27 Then his master was filled with pity for him, and he released him and forgave his debt.

28 “But when the man left the king, he went to a fellow servant who owed him a few thousand dollars.[d] He grabbed him by the throat and demanded instant payment.

29 “His fellow servant fell down before him and begged for a little more time. ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it,’ he pleaded. 30 But his creditor wouldn’t wait. He had the man arrested and put in prison until the debt could be paid in full.

31 “When some of the other servants saw this, they were very upset. They went to the king and told him everything that had happened. 32 Then the king called in the man he had forgiven and said, ‘You evil servant! I forgave you that tremendous debt because you pleaded with me. 33 Shouldn’t you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?’ 34 Then the angry king sent the man to prison to be tortured until he had paid his entire debt.

You've had your sins forgiven and been granted eternal life but you can't stomach the idea of people being paid a living wage? Seriously?
So your argument for raising the minimum wage is because Jesus would not pay more to people who asked to be paid more?

Interesting. :chuckle:

rexlunae

No again. I was in college and also a business manager at the same time.

Oh, pardon. When you were in college. Was that the only thing you felt like responding to?

Let me know when you are done assuming things about my life.

You're the one who brought in your own personal experience, to bolster your claims about how a fast food establishment works. You've failed to actually respond to anything important so far about it, so I'm left to a certain amount of inference.

Now would you care to get back to any of the points of our last?

Do you know many business managers that are in high school?

I know several people who were managers in high school for various businesses. One of my closest friends managed a Pizza Hut.

I'm guessing you weren't manager during a recession. You would know that you don't raise prices when business is weak.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You're the one who brought in your own personal experience, to bolster your claims about how a fast food establishment works.

Wrong, you asked if owned a business and then when i said no, i cannot afford to own one, you then insisted because i did not own one, i had no experience running one and didn't know anything about it. You assume much.

You assumed things about my personal life and i corrected you and you continue to do so, but now show yourself disingenuous, to claim i brought it up when i was correcting your false claims about my life.

Let me know when you would like an honest discussion.

Yet more assumptions:
I'm guessing you weren't manager during a recession.

rexlunae

Wrong, you asked if owned a business and then when i said no, i cannot afford to own one, you then insisted because i did not own one, i had no experience running one and didn't know anything about it. You assume much.

Well, no. You told me that you didn't own a business. You didn't mention that you had managed one. It would have made sense to mention that earlier, but then, it isn't like I didn't get you the chance to correct the record.

And now, instead of addressing the substantive points made to you, you are focusing on the personal. Get back to the point, or I'm done.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
These people are so ignorant its unbelievable. People are paid based on skill level and the job they are doing. No skill level is needed to mop the floor at McDonald's. This is all the results of labor unions getting into these moron's heads and agitating because unions have lost clout and they are trying to be relevant.

And what's even more stupid is that McDonald's, Burger King, and the rest, are franchises owned by individuals, not corporate entities. So the whole thing is just plain dumb.

These jobs are entry level jobs meant for kids. They work for a while, get work experience, and then find a better job. That's how the world works. These protesting idiots think that serving french fries is actually a career worthy of high pay. Un-freekin-believable.

For one, the minimum wage of fast food places is completely unjustifiable.

Skill has nothing to do with it, it's the sheer work in itself. You all can sit there and try to trivialize that, but it's all nonsense.

Perhaps you worked at one where you weren't drenched in sweat, slaving over hot oil and a million customers a second for nine straight hours. Going home with sore ankles and grease burns, just so you can go back at the crack of dawn and do it over.

That's not a job that should be paying 7.25 an hour. That rate is for people making snow cones or being doormen.

What's idiotic is the fact that most people with good jobs in fact didn't work hard to get there. They were simply born with easy opportunity.
So their opinions and personal experiences are worthless.

You can't say if you did it, anyone can.
No. Not everyone walks in your shoes, you can't make that sort of judgement on anybody, and that's precisely the attitude that frustrates me with conservatives.

The simple fact of the matter is that the right wing is just plain greedy, and will come up with anything to protect that greed. So long as they are getting their pay increases, they don't care about others.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The average right wing Christian of today isn't too dissimilar from the Pharisees of Jesus' day, unfortunately.

Once again, Liberals like yourself try to claim Jesus would have been a Liberal today, and that Conservatives are like Pharisees.

First off, the Pharisees rejected Jesus, the Pharisees denied that Jesus was the Son of God, that Jesus was the Messiah. Today, someone who calls themselves a "Christian" is a follower of Christ Jesus. So, right off the bat, your analogy is way off.

Secondly, I don't know any Christians who don't want to help the poor. I know many Christians who are against the government raising taxes on people that work so the government can "help the poor".

You Liberals are under the delusion that somehow if the government collects more money from people that work, the government can use that money to help the poor.

Jesus would have been opposed to such a delusion.