Fast Food workers protest and demand more money.

bybee

Likewise, please don't leap to typical conservative anecdotal examples in back-peddling defense of general broad-brush assertions.

If you remember correctly Rex asked you about individuals that lack the capacity to improve their lot via skill training. Do you simply dismiss such individuals...out of sight, out of mind?

And, oh acerbic one, if you remember correctly I stated in response "then they need help".
I would welcome free vocational training for those who are interested.

quip

BANNED
Banned
In fact, some of the people I worked with shouldn't have even been making that much for all the laziness they exhibited, cutting corners and giving no thought to the consequences of said laziness. Not to mention the health code violations they committed because they just didn't care. Most of them couldn't even be bothered to rotate the product so as not to have things spoil. And that's not the only stupid thing I've seen employees do that created loss for the company.

Interesting phenomena.

Should employees work at maximum output levels for a company that works so hard at paying them the minimum of wages legally allowable?

quip

BANNED
Banned
And, oh acerbic one, if you remember correctly I stated in response "then they need help".
I would welcome free vocational training for those who are interested.

As stated, vocational training will not serve them. Any other gems of advice?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Interesting phenomena.

Should employees work at maximum output levels for a company that works so hard at paying them the minimum of wages legally allowable?
Typical backwards thinking of liberalism.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Fast food = fat sick Americans according to Democratic Party

No raise = fast food biz's close down = problem solved for democrats

Alate_One

care to share the scripture where He praised the greedy who wanted more without earning it?

He said the kingdom of heaven was similar to when people who worked less got paid the same as those who worked more. The landowner rebuked those who worked hard for wanting more.

“For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. 2 He agreed to pay them a denarius for the day and sent them into his vineyard.

3 “About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. 4 He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ 5 So they went.

“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing. 6 About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’

7 “‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.

“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’

8 “When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’

9 “The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. 10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12 ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

13 “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

How about the years of jubilee when debts were canceled and land returned to the original owners?

Not read your Bible all the way through, eh?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
He said the kingdom of heaven was similar to when people who worked less got paid the same as those who worked more. The landowner rebuked those who worked hard for wanting more.

:think:

How about the years of jubilee when debts were canceled and land returned to the original owners?

sounds good to me

people are stupid to take on debt

Granite

Hall of Fame

“For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. 2 He agreed to pay them a denarius for the day and sent them into his vineyard.

3 “About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. 4 He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ 5 So they went.

“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing. 6 About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’

7 “‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.

“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’

8 “When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’

9 “The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. 10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12 ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

13 “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

Not read your Bible all the way through, eh?

Don't trouble a Christian with scripture. It never ends well.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
:think:

sounds good to me

people are stupid to take on debt
I don't think you are saying that people are stupid to take on capitalism, but our economy demands we be permanent consumers that buy the cultural objects and baubles and defer the payments to a future time.

That's how the banksters make their money. And, of course, the myth of "anyone can be rich" is the carrot for the working class.
And the stick is our plutocratic economy.

No Marxist here. Just pragmatic.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I don't think you are saying that people are stupid to take on capitalism, but our economy demands we be permanent consumers that buy the cultural objects and baubles and defer the payments to a future time.

That's how the banksters make their money. And, of course, the myth of "anyone can be rich" is the carrot for the working class.
And the stick is our plutocratic economy.

No Marxist here. Just pragmatic.

i'm not all that interested in helping bankers make their money :idunno:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ never once praised the rich. Ever. Condemned them early and often, actually.

The Apostle Paul tells us the following about the rich:

(1 Tim 6:17-18) 7 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.

There is nothing wrong with being rich as long as the rich are generous.

Neither Jesus nor the Apostle Paul ever said a word about paying taxes to the government so the government can take care of the poor. But, that's what Liberals like you want to do.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The Apostle Paul tells us the following about the rich:

(1 Tim 6:17-18) 7 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.

There is nothing wrong with being rich as long as the rich are generous.

Neither Jesus nor the Apostle Paul ever said a word about paying taxes to the government so the government can take care of the rich. But, that's what Liberals like you want to do.

This just proves the point of half my sig: You guys aren't followers of Jesus, you're followers of Paul.

You could care less what's written in the gospels about the rich. (Spoiler alert: They aren't spoken of very highly.)

When it comes to the carpenter, you outright ignore what he told you to do more often than not. You favor the tentmaker instead. Considering he didn't know the Nazarene, this shouldn't surprise anyone.

And seriously, who of any of us on this thread has proposed taxes should "take care of the rich"? The exact opposite, in fact. But interestingly enough, the rich are being taken care of, right now. If this was a Freudian slip, tet, it was a doozy.

The Christ of the gospels cursed the wealthy, the rich, and those who held on to material gains and wealth.

And lo, the dogs came and licked his sores.

But screw Lazarus. Because welfare's for commies and who would Dives be if he gave the guy a handout?