Fast Food workers protest and demand more money.

99lamb

The Barbarian
The key is to remember that most people who advocate business owners keeping most of the value of their employees' labor really believe that they are doing something good for society.

Sort of like natural selection, applied to human society.

Such people aren't, most of them, evil. They've just convinced themselves that greed is good.

On unfortunate by-product is that as you notice here, many of them regard low-wage employees as something less than fully human.

The real key is would the Barb hire an individual in his own business, with No experience, no greater education than high school or GED, to work in his business for a starting wage of $15.00hr, doing a job that requires little skills.
Liberals always generous with other people's money. :think:
And better still what do you think the reaction of the Barb would be if the government told him he needs to start an unskilled worker at $15.00hr, at an entry level job? I'm sure you would be just be so happy to comply.

rexlunae

No, no, no. That may be a symptom but you ignored the problem itself, which is far bigger and more fundamental and which A4T's bullseyed. So many Democrat-run municipalities become inefficient, then unproductive, then utterly fail [ex., Detroit]. Why is that?

Detroit may be populated by largely Democrats, but it is the Republican governor who appointed an emergency manager, who forced them into bankruptcy, and is forcing the fire sale of Detroit's assets. Detroit has essentially lost its democracy.

The biggest problem Detroit has is the failure of its biggest industry. It's not that the city became unproductive. A huge number of people lost their jobs, had not way to pay for their taxes and their services, and no good way to get out. Detroit's automakers got a bailout, but there was no bailout for the regular citizens left in the lurch.

musterion

Detroit may be populated by largely Democrats, but it is the Republican governor who appointed an emergency manager, who forced them into bankruptcy, and is forcing the fire sale of Detroit's assets. Detroit has essentially lost its democracy.

Dude. No.

Do yourself a favor. Do some research on how far back (in terms of DECADES) Detroit, East St. Louis and similar wastelands have been under Democrat control. Make that the starting point and the obvious pattern may begin to emerge for you.

whitestone

And yet the burger joints still manage to stay in business. Imagine that!

yea,lol,Whillitston N.D. is a city with a 40.00 lunch special (at a burger place),the oil business and the cold is what drove the prices up. At wall-mart checkers start at 20-30.00 an hour. the rent if you can find any is in the 3-4 thousand a month range,,ect.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
yea,lol,Whillitston N.D. is a city with a 40.00 lunch special (at a burger place),the oil business and the cold is what drove the prices up. At wall-mart checkers start at 20-30.00 an hour. the rent if you can find any is in the 3-4 thousand a month range,,ect.

just like alberta

whitestone

just like alberta

yea its odd to see the different ranges of cost across north America my son use to go to Willis-ton(I misspelled it before) to work and then come back to Texas in the winter. He would go in an r.v. but if you stay through the winter it will freeze "everything",,i.e. the water,sewage ect. in the holding tanks sodas(and all food) in the cabinets,water in the toilet(everything!),,,

He sent me a video a few years ago and then links on youtube of those who stayed in williston across the winter and in his video he had the engine & generator running,heater on, 24 hours a day and two propane heaters(small spin on tank type) burning. He would turn the heaters off at night when he slept(a friend of his worked nights and he worked days) but when he woke up in the mornings he had to scrape ice off the (inside) glasses,,,,lol,,he don't stay across the winter anymore.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why's the prevailing attitude in this country always seems to be "if you're poor, it's your fault"?

Please quote someone, other than you, who has said something like this.

Thanks. :up:

whitestone

I think it's all about where the person lives(trying not to give personal info,but) I live in south east Texas. It is 60 miles south to the next large city,65 miles north to the next large city,west about 80 miles to a large city,east about 150 miles to a large city. Now there are small towns in between 3-4000 pop. but without going to any of the large cities you are faced with 7.25-12.00 per hour(no other jobs unless you are a doctor lawyer ect.),,,if you look up Conroe tx. sheriffs dept news they showed that deputies are now filing for s.n.a.p. welfare ect. (based on their wages they qualify) http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/deputies-on-food-stamps-increases/ <------there's the link,,,bare in mind these "WENT TO COLLEGE,AND ARE NOT DEADBEATS",,,,,,,,

rexlunae

I lived in North Dakota most of my life. The cold does not drive the prices or the wages up, believe me. The oil boom, and it's accompanying low unemployment does.

Note that there were counties in western ND where the unemployment rate was under 1%, which is almost too low.

PureX

The real key is would the Barb hire an individual in his own business, with No experience, no greater education than high school or GED, to work in his business for a starting wage of $15.00hr, doing a job that requires little skills.
Liberals always generous with other people's money. :think:
And better still what do you think the reaction of the Barb would be if the government told him he needs to start an unskilled worker at $15.00hr, at an entry level job? I'm sure you would be just be so happy to comply.
So, it's OK to be greedy so long as you imagine everyone else would be greedy, too, if they were given the choice?

This seems to be your argument, here.

whitestone

I lived in North Dakota most of my life. The cold does not drive the prices or the wages up, believe me. The oil boom, and it's accompanying low unemployment does.

Note that there were counties in western ND where the unemployment rate was under 1%, which is almost too low.

I agree oil-sands,,,but the cold dictates who can afford the warmest house so prices reflect this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg7jIr2kNx4

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
So, it's OK to be greedy so long as you imagine everyone else would be greedy, too, if they were given the choice?

This seems to be your argument, here.

here's the division of revenue for mcdonalds and Burger King
Spoiler
comp_mcdonald33__03__614x365.jpg

would you define that as "greedy"?

rexlunae

I agree oil-sands,,,but the cold dictates who can afford the warmest house so prices reflect this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg7jIr2kNx4

I wouldn't recommend anyone try to winter in North Dakota in an RV. Those just aren't made with the kind of insulation you need. But pretty much all the buildings, from the cheap to the expensive, are necessarily build for the climate.

I hope he's prepared. It gets a fair amount colder there.

whitestone

Hey!!!I like the c.e.o. approach!,if company X has a million employees and they receive each a 250.00 check each year for safety bonuses ,,well then if anyone in the business ask for a band-aid then the whole facility is disqualified for that years bonus,,so then the company saved hmm,250.00 x 1,000,000,000,,,,,and hey since I added 250,000,000 in profit "I as c.e.o. get an additional 5% bonus",,,,,hey!

whitestone

I wouldn't recommend anyone try to winter in North Dakota in an RV. Those just aren't made with the kind of insulation you need. But pretty much all the buildings, from the cheap to the expensive, are necessarily build for the climate.

I hope he's prepared. It gets a fair amount colder there.

I agree he went their for about 3 years saved about 200,000.00 and hasn't been back for about 5 years(thats not him in the video). The little r.v.,,,lol,he junked,,it froze so much the fiberglass/foam/paneling walls forced themselves apart(lol),,he junked it before he left,,

whitestone

well,,who has ever put on a pair of mukluks anyhow?,,,with liners and knee-pads?,,,here I am stuck with a pair of Baffin's,,,,,

whitestone

well,,who has ever put on a pair of mukluks anyhow?,,,with liners and knee-pads?,,,here I am stuck with a pair of Baffin's,,,,,

Ahh,no takers,,,it was a simple decision,,"years ago I packed up all my house and strapped it down in the truck and trailer,,as I almost finished my wife came out and pointed and said "your forgetting the snow shovel",,,so I didn't UN-tarp anything,I just put the shovel on top of the things in the truck bed and tied it down,,,,then we went south,,,every time I stopped for gas I noticed things were different then I stopped in Texas and the service station attendant kept poking at the shovel,,when he was finished he ask "what's that?",,,,I turned to my wife and said,,,"girlfriend,get a paper,lets see if there's land for sale here",,,,,,,,,