Fast Food workers protest and demand more money.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Apparently it's not just theocrats who embrace Social Darwinism.

There's a flippant, tight-fisted heartlessness at work here that seems to prefer some folks toil in misery. As the Puritan might say: plenty of money is proof that God loves you.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Names of the people on this thread who have even implied that, or shut up.

Ah, the thread's resident ankle biter is back.

Funny how words like "decent," "livable," or "progress" seem to stick in the craw of people who were told specifically to minister to the poor, needy, and least of society.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Musterion writes:
There's that bloviant stench again...I can never quite place OH NOW I KNOW, it's because Ignore-Me Barbie with the pink Vette and accessories is trying to reply to me.

But then...
Option B. He couldn't even successfully quote the right guy. He'll never move up to the fry vat at this rate.

Hey, musty; here's a hint. If you want people to believe that you have someone on "ignore", don't respond to what he writes. Blows the whole thing for you.

Just saying...

whitestone

lol,back when the min. wage was 1.65 an hour we argued that a loaf of bread was a dime. When the min. wage was 2.85 we were mad because gas was 35 cent a gallon. Today a new car is 50,000 dollars and a gallon of milk is 4-7 dollars(depending on the brand),,same as in the past "If they don't want spoiled milk,and car lots filled with un-sold cars,,they'll pay enough we can buy them",,,lets see 15.00 min. wage=75,000 dollar cars,15.00 min. wage=7.00 loaf of bread,ect.ect.,,,lol

Granite

Hall of Fame
lol,back when the min. wage was 1.65 an hour we argued that a loaf of bread was a dime. When the min. wage was 2.85 we were mad because gas was 35 cent a gallon. Today a new car is 50,000 dollars and a gallon of milk is 4-7 dollars(depending on the brand),,same as in the past "If they don't want spoiled milk,and car lots filled with un-sold cars,,they'll pay enough we can buy them",,,lets see 15.00 min. wage=75,000 dollar cars,15.00 min. wage=7.00 loaf of bread,ect.ect.,,,lol

I take it you're hazy on the concept of inflation.

musterion

You're a complete idiot, a waste of time, and I'm not gonna contribute to derailing a very interesting thread. Ignore list.

:loser:

You already attempted to derail it by making an accusation against people in this "very interesting thread." I'm asking you to substantiate it, or shut up.

whitestone

I take it you're hazy on the concept of inflation.

well,the rich men decided the different words we would call it,depression,recension,inflation ect.,,fact still remains though if the next President signs into law a 1.00 min. wage(would be hard on people at first I know),,but then plants would start at 3.00 an hour and all the new cars would just sit there on the lot.If they did the bread would mold on the shelves,the milk would spoil,and the can goods would go out of date.

After a while the few stores that didn't go bankrupt would begin to drop their prices until people could buy their food,until then they would grow their own,they wouldn't have a choice. Business,stock markets,ect. just work that way,if they want us to buy it they have to provide the money for us to buy it with.

ps.,,,lol "I think it's an ingenious plan,,call it inflation until the select few are trillion-ares,,,then say the other word,,depression,,THEN HOW MANY LOAVES OF BREAD CAN A TRILLION-ARE BUY FOR A NICKEL?",,,LOL,,you see the trick is to not fix the economy,,,"IT'S TO CRUMBLE IT",,but not till were ready,,,,

Granite

Hall of Fame
well,the rich men decided the different words we would call it,depression,recension,inflation ect.,,fact still remains though if the next President signs into law a 1.00 min. wage(would be hard on people at first I know),,but then plants would start at 3.00 an hour and all the new cars would just sit there on the lot.If they did the bread would mold on the shelves,the milk would spoil,and the can goods would go out of date.

After a while the few stores that didn't go bankrupt would begin to drop their prices until people could buy their food,until then they would grow their own,they wouldn't have a choice. Business,stock markets,ect. just work that way,if they want us to buy it they have to provide the money for us to buy it with.

ps.,,,lol "I think it's an ingenious plan,,call it inflation until the select few are trillion-ares,,,then say the other word,,depression,,THEN HOW MANY LOAVES OF BREAD CAN A TRILLION-ARE BUY FOR A NICKEL?",,,LOL,,you see the trick is to not fix the economy,,,"IT'S TO CRUMBLE IT",,but not till were ready,,,,

Yeah, it just might be a little "hard" on people for a while.:chuckle:

But yes, you're describing a controlled economy, which really can never work.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You're a complete idiot, a waste of time, and I'm not gonna contribute to derailing a very interesting thread. Ignore list.

He sort of morphed into a Res state pretty quick, didn't he?

I think I'll join you.

whitestone

Yeah, it just might be a little "hard" on people for a while.:chuckle:

But yes, you're describing a controlled economy, which really can never work.

yep,I think in a "Godly world" a controlled economy wouldn't have a chance,in Lew of the biblical references though,ie "no man buyeth your merchandise anymore",,"a measure of wheat for a penny",,,"no man might buy nor sell" ect.,,,that is it seems as if a warning that "someone will achieve this controlled economy",,just not who we want,,

PureX

Apparently it's not just theocrats who embrace Social Darwinism.

There's a flippant, tight-fisted heartlessness at work here that seems to prefer some folks toil in misery. As the Puritan might say: plenty of money is proof that God loves you.
I end up having to get off these threads about labor because I can't stomach the depth of ignorance and bile that a lot of people on TOL exhibit toward their fellow humans when this subject comes up.

My hat's off to you and Barbarian for being able to stay in it and keep trying to inject some reality into the insanity. I just can't do it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I end up having to get off these threads about labor because I can't stomach the depth of ignorance and bile that a lot of people on TOL exhibit toward their fellow humans when this subject comes up.

My hat's off to you and Barbarian for being able to stay in it and keep trying to inject some reality into the insanity. I just can't do it.

I hear you. Just astonishes me how these people can be consistently and utterly wrong on everything that matters. It's like they go out of their way to do exactly the opposite of what they were commanded to do.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
can anybody explain why an unskilled entry level worker doing a job that you could train a chimp to do shouldn't be happy making $16,640 a year, a wage that can allow them to live comfortably and bank $6000?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I hear you. Just astonishes me how these people can be consistently and utterly wrong on everything that matters. It's like they go out of their way to do exactly the opposite of what they were commanded to do.

we were commanded to force the government to steal from employers and give to employees? :freak:

if that's what you think the bible says, it's no wonder you left the church

:think: or were you kicked out for being too stupid to learn?

musterion

The Bible - which you do not believe and so are a colossal hypocrite for even citing - says if a man will not work, neither should he eat. That principle applies here: if you don't like the pay you make at Job A, improve your skills/attitude/hygiene and shoot for the better paying Job B. But if you're not WILLING to improve yourself, you have no right to expect the owner at Job A to pay you whatever YOU are told you are worth, precious snowflake. That's how robots end up flipping burgers and putting you out on the street to enjoy some Obama-era funemployment.

Which brings up another factoid often overlooked: Jobs do not "belong" to the person performing them UNLESS he/she runs his/her own business. In most cases, that job you do belongs to whoever runs the business, NOT YOU. That means unless otherwise contracted or regulated by existing laws, you have no intrinsic rights to ANYTHING therein. Not yours.