Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

One must be saved before they can believe the Gospel of their Salvation !2

Again, 2 Tim 1:9 proves that in the Divine Order of things, One is saved before they are called by the Holy Gospel of their Salvation

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

By being saved is meant by the blood of Christ we have redemption and the forgiveness of sins Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; This constitutes deliverance from Gods Wrath for our sins.

See, those whom Christ did not die for, His , Gods Wrath is upon them for their sins, as these which Paul writes concerning the children of disobedience Eph 5:6

Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Now what things is he referring to ? These Eph 5:3-5

3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

But those Christ died for and redeemed, have through /because of His blood, forgiveness of those things and deliverance from wrath for them.

So we that Christ died for are by His death alone saved from the penalty of our sins prior to being called by the Gospel !

beloved57

Who is it that believes on Christ ?

The scripture tells us who it is that believes on or receives Christ.

Its them which are born of God ! Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

The them which believed on His Name, had been born of God.

It cant be more plainer than that !

beloved57

Faith to believe on Christ must come from the Fathers Revelation of Him !

Matt 11:25-27

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

This is saying that no man by nature knows who really the Son is, it must be from a revelation of the Father. Peter once said this Matt 16:13-16

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus said to Peter vs 17

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Jesus is saying, that this knowledge of knowing who He is as the Christ, the Son of God, was something Peter could not have known naturally or by flesh and blood !

beloved57

Faith to believe on Christ must come from the Fathers Revelation of Him 2

Please pay special attention to Jesus words, they are very very important Matt 11:27

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father;neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

That word knoweth is very important, its the word epiginōskō which means:

1. [*=left]o become thoroughly acquainted with, to know thoroughly

1. [*=left]to know accurately, know well

[*=left]to know

1. [*=left]to recognise

1. [*=left]by sight, hearing, of certain signs, to perceive who a person is

[*=left]to know i.e. to perceive

[*=left]to know i.e. to find out, ascertain

[*=left]to know i.e. to understand

This is important because a person cannot call upon the Name of Jesus if they dont know Him, know His Name . How can we call upon the Name of the Lord if we dont know who it is. Paul writes Rom 10:13-14

[FONT=&quot]13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14 How then shall they call[upon His Name] on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Now, to Call upon the Name of the Lord, one has to have believed, and heard of Him. In order to believe in Christ, there must have been a revealing of Him to us by the Father, otherwise we have no knowledge of who Christ is by nature. Thats why it is written Jn 6:44-45

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

And this being learned of the Father, the Father revealing Him to us is part of that process Matt 11:27

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

So a carnal natural man, born only of the flesh, could never believe in Christ, because flesh and blood cannot reveal Him to us, it must be done by the Father, via the Holy Spirit.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Nanja

Faith to believe on Christ must come from the Fathers Revelation of Him 2

Please pay special attention to Jesus words, they are very very important Matt 11:27

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father;neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

That word knoweth is very important, its the word epiginōskō which means:

1. [*=left]o become thoroughly acquainted with, to know thoroughly

1. [*=left]to know accurately, know well

[*=left]to know

1. [*=left]to recognise

1. [*=left]by sight, hearing, of certain signs, to perceive who a person is

[*=left]to know i.e. to perceive

[*=left]to know i.e. to find out, ascertain

[*=left]to know i.e. to understand

This is important because a person cannot call upon the Name of Jesus if they dont know Him, know His Name . How can we call upon the Name of the Lord if we dont know who it is. Paul writes Rom 10:13-14

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]13 [/B][/FONT]For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]14 How then shall they call[upon His Name] on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Now, to Call upon the Name of the Lord, one has to have believed, and heard of Him. In order to believe in Christ, there must have been a revealing of Him to us by the Father, otherwise we have no knowledge of who Christ is by nature. Thats why it is written Jn 6:44-45

[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]44 [/B][/FONT]No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

And this being learned of the Father, the Father revealing Him to us is part of that process Matt 11:27

So a carnal natural man, born only of the flesh, could never believe in Christ, because flesh and blood cannot reveal Him to us, it must be done by the Father, via the Holy Spirit.[/FONT]

[FONT="]
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="#006400"]Amen to both parts!

Because no man knows the Son but the Father, He reveals His Son to all the Covenant Sheep He died for.

John 10:11, 14-15
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

They were Chosen of the Father 1 Pet. 1:2 in Union with Christ Jesus their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22 from Everlasting to have to have remission of sins Eph. 1:4-7; Is. 53:6,11. And His Resurrection from the Dead was exclusively for them, His Sheep, His Body, the Body of Christ Chosen in Him of the Father Heb. 13:20.

It's these Chosen Sons / Children in Christ, which shall in time be Born of the Spirit of God and receive the fruit of Faith Gal. 5:22 to Believe in Christ, because He was made under the Law for them, satisfying God's Law and Justice by His Perfect Obedience Rom. 5:19, including His Faith in God on their behalf.

Gal. 4:4-6
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

All God's adopted Children / Sons Eph. 1:4-5 shall receive this Miracle of God after New Birth. They shall call upon the Name of Lord, crying out to their Heavenly Father in Praise and Worship as evidence that Christ Jesus has redeemed them by His Blood. Therefore as a result of His Obedience on their behalf, they shall be Saved!

Rom. 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom. 8:14-16
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

~~~~

beloved57

nanja

Amen to both parts!

Because no man knows the Son but the Father, He reveals His Son to all the Covenant Sheep He died for.

Exactly !

All God's adopted Children / Sons Eph. 1:4-5 shall receive this Miracle of God after New Birth. They shall call upon the Name of Lord, crying out to their Heavenly Father in Praise and Worship as evidence that Christ Jesus has redeemed them by His Blood. Therefore as a result of His Obedience on their behalf, they shall be Saved!

Rom. 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Absolutely !

beloved57

Faith accompanies Salvation, which is Christ !

The Pre Cross Saint once said Lk 2:30

For mine eyes have seen thy salvation ! Hes speaking of the Lord Jesus Christ, for its He that is Gods Salvation to His People, Hes the Gift of God Jn 4:10

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

John Gill writes on Jn 4:10:

if thou knewest the gift of God; meaning, not the Holy Spirit with his gifts and graces, as some think, but himself; for the following clause is explanatory of it;
and who it is that saith to thee, give me to drink; and Christ is also spoken of in the Old Testament, as the gift of God, Isaiah 9:6 and he had lately spoken of himself as such, John 3:16 and he is, by way of eminency, "the gift of God"; which is comprehensive of all others, is exceeding large, and very suitable to the wants and cases of men; and is irrevocable, unchangeable, and unspeakable: for he is God's gift, as he is his own and only begotten Son; and he is given for a covenant to the people, with all the promises and blessings of it; and as an head, both of eminence and influence; and to be a Saviour of them, and a sacrifice for their sins; and as the bread of life, for them to feed and live upon; of which gift, men are naturally ignorant, as this woman was: they know not the dignity of his person; nor the nature and usefulness of his offices; nor the way of peace, righteousness, and salvation by him; nor do they see any amiableness, or loveliness in him; and whatever notional knowledge some natural men may have of him, they know him not spiritually and experimentally, or as the gift of God to them:

Now Christ being the Gift of God unto a World of People He would save from their sins, with Him, God freely gives or bestows all things necessary to save them and cause them to live unto Him that Loved them !

Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he notwith him also freely give us all things?

Now with the giving of Christ here WITH HIM, God surely gives us all things together !

The word with here is the greek word sun and means:

sýn (a primitive preposition, having no known etymology) – properly, identified with, joined close-together in tight identification; with (= closely identified together).

accompanied (1), accompanied* (1), accompany* (2), along (10), associates (2), besides* (1), companions* (2), including (1), together (1).

The sacred writer in Heb makes it clear that things accompany Salvation [which is Christ] Heb 6:9

But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

This verse in the original has the definite article before the word for things :

πεπείσμεθα δὲ περὶ ὑμῶν ἀγαπητοί τὰ κρείσσονα καὶ ἐχόμενα σωτηρίας εἰ καὶ οὕτως λαλοῦμεν

Definite things accompany Salvation, or the giving of Christ. The word accompany echo means:

to hold oneself to a thing, to lay hold of a thing, to adhere or cling to; to be closely joined to a person or thing

I believe this verse confirms Rom 8:32 that God gives all things along with the giving of Christ, Our Salvation. I believe also that these all things that are given along with Christ, are those things that effect unto us a life of Godliness 2 Pet 1:3

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

That word godliness eusebeia means:

piety (towards God), godliness, devotion, godliness. properly, someone's inner response to the things of God which shows itself in godly piety (reverence).

So " someone's inner response to the things of God which shows itself in godly piety (reverence)." is freely given, with Christ to those He was delivered up for !

And one of such things that promotes godly piety towards God is Faith, Faith accompany's Salvation, Faith that Pleases God Heb 11:6 !

beloved57

Faith accompanies Salvation, which is Christ !2

Faith cannot be the condition of Salvation, when it accompanies Salvation. When Christ was given, so also all things pertaining to life and godliness was given with Him also. Peter writes 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Now Faith here is not natural, or inherent, but its obtained "through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:"

The word obtained here is the greek word lagchanó and means:

(a) I obtain (receive) by lot, my lot (turn) is, (b) I draw lots.

)); to receive by divine allotment, obtain:

Its meted out to every man Christ died for. Paul wrote to the believing romans Rom 12:3

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

The word dealt here actually agrees with Peters word obtain, it means:

(literally) to apportion, bestow, share, to impart

Also the word measure gives that same connotation, it means

1. determined extent, portion measured off, measure or limit
    1. the required measure, the due, fit, measure

Each Person for whom Christ died, and is a Saviour unto, is alloted a portion of Faith. Thats why again Peter writes that they obtained Faith "through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"

Faith is obtained through Our Saviour Jesus Christ ! Listen, if we never are given Faith to believe, that means Christ wasnt our Saviour ! Both Faith and Repentance comes through Christ being a Saviour Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

That word give means to:

of one's own accord to give one something, to his advantage; to bestow, give as a gift:

The word also means to produce, to give production. As Saviour He gives as to produce faith and repentance.

The false religionist of our day insist that faith and or repentance are natural abilities of the natural man, which is a lie ! They both accompany Salvation, which is Christ !

beloved57

Faith is Promised !

One verse of scripture that is often times overlooked or not understood, its the promise that the just SHALL live by Faith. Rom 1:15-17

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The shall here is a promise made unto the Just, what they shall do !

The words shall live by Faith in the greek are a future indactive. Now the indicative means:

The indicative mood is a simple statement of fact. If an action really occurs or has occurred or will occur, it will be rendered in the indicative mood.

Paul is saying under inspiration, that an action will occur in the future for the Just, it being they shall live by Faith.

Now who are the Just ? Notice that this promise is in the context of preaching the Gospel Rom 1:15-17, and the Gospel is sent to them Christ Christ died for, and eveyone Christ died for was made just or righteous Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The word righteous here and just in Rom 1:17 are the same greek word which is dikaios and means:

righteous (41x), just (33x), right (5x), meet (2x).

So the promise is those many Christ by His obedience made just, shall live by Faith, thats a promise. Thats why Jesus could say of the unbelieving jews, you believe not BECAUSE ye are not of my Sheep Jn 10:26, which He obviously died for Jn 10:15 ! A Life of living by Faith is ensured for all whom Christ died !

Nanja

Faith is Promised !

One verse of scripture that is often times overlooked or not understood, its the promise that the just SHALL live by Faith. Rom 1:15-17

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The shall here is a promise made unto the Just, what they shall do !

The words shall live by Faith in the greek are a future indactive. Now the indicative means:

The indicative mood is a simple statement of fact. If an action really occurs or has occurred or will occur, it will be rendered in the indicative mood.

Paul is saying under inspiration, that an action will occur in the future for the Just, it being they shall live by Faith.

Now who are the Just ? Notice that this promise is in the context of preaching the Gospel Rom 1:15-17, and the Gospel is sent to them Christ Christ died for, and eveyone Christ died for was made just or righteous Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The word righteous here and just in Rom 1:17 are the same greek word which is dikaios and means:

righteous (41x), just (33x), right (5x), meet (2x).

So the promise is those many Christ by His obedience made just, shall live by Faith, thats a promise. Thats why Jesus could say of the unbelieving jews, you believe not BECAUSE ye are not of my Sheep Jn 10:26, which He obviously died for Jn 10:15 ! A Life of living by Faith is ensured for all whom Christ died !

So True, Living by Faith is ensured because of Christ's Mediatorial Suretyship Heb. 7:22 for His Sheep from Everlasting.

They were already deemed Righteous, Eternally Justified, in God's Sight by Christ's Blood on their behalf Is. 53:6; Heb. 13:20; Rom. 4:8.

So as they are born in time, the Holy Spirit puts His Gift of Faith Eph. 2:8 into the New Heart Ezek. 36:26 of everyone of them.

For they are the Just that Shall Live by Faith, as Sons of God Eph. 1:5 because they were predestinated to it. ☺

~~~

beloved57

So True, Living by Faith is ensured because of Christ's Mediatorial Suretyship Heb. 7:22 for His Sheep from Everlasting.

They were already deemed Righteous, Eternally Justified, in God's Sight by Christ's Blood on their behalf Is. 53:6; Heb. 13:20; Rom. 4:8.

So as they are born in time, the Holy Spirit puts His Gift of Faith Eph. 2:8 into the New Heart Ezek. 36:26 of everyone of them.

For they are the Just that Shall Live by Faith, as Sons of God Eph. 1:5 because they were predestinated to it. ☺

~~~

Excellent Speech! :)

beloved57

Another scripture that promises that some will live by Faith is here Hosea 2:18-20

And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

19 And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.

20 I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the Lord.

God again is promising to His People what He will do according to His own will. The promise here is that He will bring them to Faith and they will know Him. This is an Covenant Promise Vs 18, and its joined to the New Covenant Heb 8:10-11

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

This is the knowing of Faith, what is promised in Hos 2:20, based upon the Covenant Vs 18. Also the word faithfulness in Hosea 2:20 is the very same word in Hab 2:4

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith. Which of course is quted by Paul in the Rom 1:17 verse:

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

So its not even possible for one for whom Christ died, not to live by Faith, that would prove Gods word of promise false !

beloved57

Faith is the Gift of God so dont boast !

False religion teaches that the natural man has Faith in God, the True God, or has the ability to have Faith in the True God, the Gospel and or the things of God as an natural ability. To them its just a matter of naturally exercising this ability that will make a difference in the soul being saved or lost. Now sad to say this type of thinking is pride, self righteousness, and boasting, because when its all said and done, they can tell their lost neighbor , hey you should have done like me and put your faith in Christ, for you had the same opportunity i had, which i obviously to advantage of it better than you did.

Now lets look at an scripture passage to this point Rom 11:17-20

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Now Paul here seems to be dealing with a propensity within the believing Gentiles , they which had believed God, in oppostion to the jews who had been cut off because of unbelief Vs 20 "Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith."

Paul told the believing gentiles that you standest by Faith [which is obviously the Gift of Gods Grace and Power] so be not highminded but fear !

Fear God and give Him the Glory for they Faith, or else you are being highminded, Note: Those who think they excercised their freewill to have Faith, and others who remain in unbelief didnt, they are being highminded !

This word highminded is a compound word hypsēlophroneō and means:

1. to be high minded, proud, hoop-say-lo-fron-eh'-o; from a compound of G5308 and G5424; to be lofty in mind, i.e. arrogant:—be highminded.

See also 1 Tim 6:17 where the word is used one other time in the NT

The Faith the believing gentiles had and stood by, and the broken off jews did not have, was not owing to their own freewill, but to the Grace and Power of God, for we can only believe through Grace Acts 18:27

And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through [on the account of] grace:

Because Grace reigns through Righteousness Rom 5:21

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through[on account of] righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

beloved57

Faith is the Gift of God so dont boast !2

Finally standing by Faith is by the Power and Ability of God Rom 11:20

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Now to show that this standing by Faith is by the ability/power of God, Paul writing to the same Church penned these words Rom 14:4

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

The word stand here is the very same word used in Rom 11:20, also its the same word used for holden up. The word is
histēmi:

1. to cause or make to stand, to place, put, set

1. to cause a person or a thing to keep his or its place

to cause one to preserve a right state of mind,

The word able in Rom 14:4 is the word dunateo:

I am powerful, have power, am able, am mighty. to exert overwhelming unstoppable power, So the gentiles have no reason to be highminded, for their standing by Faith is by the ability of God, the power of God, 1 Pet 1:5

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

The being kept through Faith is by the Power of God ! Cant boast about it !

Nanja

Faith is the Gift of God so dont boast !

False religion teaches that the natural man has Faith in God, the True God, or has the ability to have Faith in the True God, the Gospel and or the things of God as an natural ability. To them its just a matter of naturally exercising this ability that will make a difference in the soul being saved or lost. Now sad to say this type of thinking is pride, self righteousness, and boasting, because when its all said and done, they can tell their lost neighbor , hey you should have done like me and put your faith in Christ, for you had the same opportunity i had, which i obviously to advantage of it better than you did.

That's a perfectly accurate description of what false religion teaches!

Becoming saved isn't based on anything the natural man does, but Salvation is by the Faith given by God, a fruit and effect of the Spirit of God Gal. 5:22, given to all His Elect Titus 1:1 when they are Born of the Spirit.

First, by the Power of God they receive New Birth passively Eph. 3:7, then as a result do they have the Faith that pleases God Rom. 8:9.

Now lets look at an scripture passage to this point Rom 11:17-20

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

Now Paul here seems to be dealing with a propensity within the believing Gentiles , they which had believed God, in oppostion to the jews who had been cut off because of unbelief Vs 20 "Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith."

Paul told the believing gentiles that you standest by Faith [which is obviously the Gift of Gods Grace and Power] so be not highminded but fear !

Fear God and give Him the Glory for they Faith, or else you are being highminded,
Note: Those who think they excercised their freewill to have Faith, and others who remain in unbelief didnt, they are being highminded !

This word highminded is a compound word hypsēlophroneō and means:

1. to be high minded, proud, hoop-say-lo-fron-eh'-o; from a compound of G5308 and G5424; to be lofty in mind, i.e. arrogant:—be highminded.

See also 1 Tim 6:17 where the word is used one other time in the NT

The Faith the believing gentiles had and stood by, and the broken off jews did not have, was not owing to their own freewill, but to the Grace and Power of God, for we can only believe through Grace Acts 18:27

And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through [on the account of] grace:

Because Grace reigns through Righteousness Rom 5:21

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through[on account of] righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Finally standing by Faith is by the Power and Ability of God Rom 11:20

Now to show that this standing by Faith is by the ability/power of God, Paul writing to the same Church penned these words Rom 14:4

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

The word stand here is the very same word used in Rom 11:20, also its the same word used for holden up. The word is histēmi:

to cause or make to stand, to place, put, set

to cause a person or a thing to keep his or its place

to cause one to preserve a right state of mind,

The word able in Rom 14:4 is the word dunateo:

I am powerful, have power, am able, am mighty. to exert overwhelming unstoppable power, So the gentiles have no reason to be highminded, for their standing by Faith is by the ability of God, the power of God, 1 Pet 1:5

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

The being kept through Faith is by the Power of God ! Cant boast about it !

Amen, Excellent Teaching!

~~~

beloved57

That's a perfectly accurate description of what false religion teaches!

Becoming saved isn't based on anything the natural man does, but Salvation is by the Faith given by God, a fruit and effect of the Spirit of God Gal. 5:22, given to all His Elect Titus 1:1 when they are Born of the Spirit.

First, by the Power of God they receive New Birth passively Eph. 3:7, then as a result do they have the Faith that pleases God Rom. 8:9.

Amen, Excellent Teaching!

~~~

Praise God that we're able to receive these things of God.

False Prophet

Today hundreds of millions of people use the Christian “label” or “signature.” Maybe you are one of them. But how can you tell if you are a genuine Chris*tian, the real thing?
Jesus said, "By this they will know that you are my disciples by how you love one another." TOL :angrymob:

AgainstAll

Belief is a gift. What one has to believe is that all these verses are true;

Matthew 7:12

Matthew 7:24-28

2 John 1:9

The Word was made flesh and walked among us. John 1:14
We must believe the Word.

Therefore faith produces repentance; Romans 2:4 Titus 2:11-12 Romans 6:1-2
Therefore faith without works is not true faith, but rather is dead,
in like manner to a corpse; James 2:14-26

Hebrews 10:26-29

Hebrews 9:13-14

Philippians 1:6

The Messiah said that we must actually know Him in order to enter heaven; Matthew 7:21-23
"And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments" 1 John 2:3
His commandments = Luke 6:27-48 Matthew 7:12 John 13:34