Banned
Did you come to TOL to ask questions ?

A. Yes
B. No
C. Too stupid to know

I know the correct answer
to any question I ask anyone on here.

Before I ask it.

It is none of your business why I am here.

But when and if He who sent me
instructs me to answer to you...

You will be the first to know.

Nanja

You are in conflict with God's word. You are not able to accept all of the Bible which causes you to nit pick the Bible in order to confirm your doctrine. You must believe that there is something wrong with the Bible, there is nothing wrong with the Bible, but there is plenty wrong with what you believe.

The Bible makes it very, very clear that Jesus is the savior of the whole world. Salvation has been provided for EVERYONE, Hebrews 2:9.

2 Tim. 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Nanja
Clearly you are in error with regard to whom the "every" is referred to in Heb. 2:9.

It can't be referring to all of humanity without exception when scripture is clear that many shall go into the second death Rev. 21:8 Mat. 25:41 because they were ordained to be condemned Jude 1:4; vessels of wrath that God fitted / prepared for destruction Rom. 9:22; the wicked ones God made to be destroyed Prov. 16:4.

Do you believe those scriptures are inspired by God?

Why are you afraid to address them?

~~~~~

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I know the correct answer
to any question I ask anyone on here.

Before I ask it.

It is none of your business why I am here.

But when and if He who sent me
instructs me to answer to you...

You will be the first to know.
Do you think you're pretty important?

truthjourney

Luke
Chapter 4

33 And in the synagogue there was a man,
which had a spirit of an unclean devil,
and cried out with a loud voice,
34 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee,
thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us?
I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God.
I wasn't referring to your buddies although I'm sure they have something to do with the spirit that is in you and your deceptive and dishonest behavior, sneaking in the back door under a different name after being banned not to mention your outlandish claims, all against TOL rules.

Kott

BANNED
Banned
I wasn't referring to your buddies although I'm sure they have something to do with the spirit that is in you and your deceptive and dishonest behavior, sneaking in the back door under a different name after being banned not to mention your outlandish claims, all against TOL rules.

How many lies can you tell
before God will call you a liar?

A. 1

B. More than 1.

beloved57

Is Faith a Work ?

Yes, by all means Faith/Believing is a Work, however its one that can be done only by the regenerated, or born again person.

The definition of a work according to the greek word ergon which is commonly used, for instance in Eph 2:9

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The word means:

1. business, employment, that which any one is occupied
    1. that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking
  2. any product whatever, any thing accomplished/done by hand, art, industry, or mind
  3. an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

And God given Faith is an act of the mind giving acknowledgement to the revealed Divine Testimony !

Faith is a Work of the New Creation in Christ Jesus Eph 2:9-10

10 [FONT=&quot]For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.[/FONT]

Nanja

Is Faith a Work ?

Yes, by all means Faith/Believing is a Work, however its one that can be done only by the regenerated, or born again person.

The definition of a work according to the greek word ergon which is commonly used, for instance in Eph 2:9

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The word means:

1. business, employment, that which any one is occupied
    1. that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking
  2. any product whatever, any thing accomplished/done by hand, art, industry, or mind
  3. an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

And God given Faith is an act of the mind giving acknowledgement to the revealed Divine Testimony !

Faith is a Work of the New Creation in Christ Jesus Eph 2:9-10

10 [FONT="]For we are his workmanship, [U]created in Christ Jesus unto good works[/U], which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
    [/LIST][/QUOTE]

So True! Because Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit,
    a person must first be Born of the Spirit before
    they can do the work of Faith/Believing that pleases God.

[COLOR="#006400"]First God does the Work, then a person Believes

John 6:28-29
    28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
    29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Eph. 1:18-19
    18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened;
    that ye may know what is the hope of his calling,
    and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe,
    according to the working of his mighty power

Rom 8:7-9
    7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:
    for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
    8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
    9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
    Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

So True! Because Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit,

Yes, and Fruit of the Spirit are contrasted with works of the flesh Gal 5:19

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Contrasted to Vs 22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

It could very well read :

But the works of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Works and Fruit are synonymous !

Faith is a Work we do through the power of the Spirit !

Nanja

nanja

Yes, and Fruit of the Spirit are contrasted with works of the flesh Gal 5:19

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Contrasted to Vs 22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

It could very well read :

But the works of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Works and Fruit are synonymous !

Faith is a Work we do through the power of the Spirit !

Exactly, Brother!

Whether we do it physically or with the mind, it's still a work.

The Greek word for works in Gal. 5:19 is ergon:

any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

So then, the believing that a person claims he did to get himself saved is boasting Eph. 2:9; nothing but a work of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

~~~~~

beloved57

Believing on Christ is a Mystery of Godliness !

1 Tim 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

This being believed on in the world refers to Christ. Yes, to believe on Christ is an act of Godliness, Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Now its a mystery, that is Faith in Christ, or believing on Him, because its not something man by nature can do. Thats why Jesus says in Jn 6:44,65

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Man can't believe on Christ until he is born again by the Spirit, in which at that time he is given the fruit/gift of Faith Gal 5:22

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

It, Faith in Christ is resultive of the Holy Spirits work of Sanctification 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Thats why Jesus says it, believing on Him, is the Work of God Jn 6:29, God the Holy Spirit. It must be given to believe on Christ Phil 1:29

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Nanja

Believing on Christ is a Mystery of Godliness !

1 Tim 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

This being believed on in the world refers to Christ. Yes, to believe on Christ is an act of Godliness, Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Now its a mystery, that is Faith in Christ, or believing on Him, because its not something man by nature can do. Thats why Jesus says in Jn 6:44,65

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Man can't believe on Christ until he is born again by the Spirit, in which at that time he is given the fruit/gift of Faith Gal 5:22

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

It, Faith in Christ is resultive of the Holy Spirits work of Sanctification 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Thats why Jesus says it, believing on Him, is the Work of God Jn 6:29, God the Holy Spirit. It must be given to believe on Christ Phil 1:29

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Amen!

Yet, those in false religion incorrectly maintain that anyone can take it upon themselves to believe on Christ and get saved.

But as you have clearly shown according to the scriptures, that's not possible.

For unless one is first Born of the Spirit, which is a Miracle of God, through which Faith / Believing is given to the Chosen of God 2 Thes. 2:13, that is, all that The Father draws to Himself John 6:44,65, and the same ones which were given to Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:4-5; John 17:2. For them, it's guaranteed they shall Believe in Christ because they belong to Him, His Elect Seed.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen!

Yet, those in false religion incorrectly maintain that anyone can take it upon themselves to believe on Christ and get saved.

But as you have clearly shown according to the scriptures, that's not possible.

For unless one is first Born of the Spirit, which is a Miracle of God, through which Faith / Believing is given to the Chosen of God 2 Thes. 2:13, that is, all that The Father draws to Himself John 6:44,65, and the same ones which were given to Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:4-5; John 17:2. For them, it's guaranteed they shall Believe in Christ because they belong to Him, His Elect Seed.

~~~~~

Amen Sister!

beloved57

Again Faith that pleases and obeys God Heb 11, it's not from the natural mind or person, but it's the Faith of the Son of God Gal 2:20 , communicated to them in New Birth of Spiritual life because He's their Head and Saviour.

Paul writes that it, being Faith, is not of ourselves, but it's the gift of God. See its not a natural ability, that's why man can't boast about it.

beloved57

One must be saved before they can believe the Gospel of their Salvation !

Eph 1:13

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

One had to be saved in the first place to spiritually hear the word of truth, then faith or believing follows.

In fact, Paul places being saved before calling by the Gospel in the purpose of God here 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Notice the order, hath first saved us, then called us [by the Gospel] with an holy calling. We are called by the Gospel after we are saved 2 Thess 2:13-14

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Nanja

One must be saved before they can believe the Gospel of their Salvation !

Eph 1:13

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

One had to be saved in the first place to spiritually hear the word of truth, then faith or believing follows.

In fact, Paul places being saved before calling by the Gospel in the purpose of God here 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Notice the order, hath first saved us, then called us [by the Gospel] with an holy calling. We are called by the Gospel after we are saved 2 Thess 2:13-14

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen!

Faith / Believing the Truth is a Fruit and evidence of the Holy Spirit's Work in one whom Christ died for Gal. 5:22, a Gift of God to all His Election in Christ Titus 1:1 from Everlasting 2 Tim. 1:9.

Yet, many in false religion declare the lie that Grace was offered to all mankind without exception to accept or reject, but they are deceived 2 Cor. 4:3-4. So they insist on performing their own believing, trusting, hearing, receiving, etc. to accomplish their own salvation, and therefore stealing the Glory from the Power of God Eph. 1:19.

~~~~~

beloved57

Nanja

So they insist on performing their own believing, trusting, hearing, receiving, etc. to accomplish their own salvation, and therefore stealing the Glory from the Power of God Eph. 1:19.

Absolutely!