Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

Of course and here we see exactly how "faith" is the result of the power of God, specifically the gospel:

"For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit, and in much assurance"
(1 Thess.1:5).​

That verse applies to Gods elect 1 Thess 1:4-5

[FONT=&quot]Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5For our gospel came not unto you[the elect] in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

So yes it comes to the elect that way, but not to the lost non elect. Those that are lost, the Gospel is hidden from them 2 Cor 4:3[/FONT]

beloved57

Faith is from God, from reading His powerful message, the Bible, the New Testament. It has the powerful message that saves. We do not get faith supernaturally, as many teach, but we get faith in a very human way, from reading the supernatural message!

2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

WE MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD TO HAVE FAITH.

Where does our faith come from? Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED, 2 Corinthians 5:11.

One must be of God to hear Gods words, which the Gospel is Jn 8:47

[FONT=&quot]He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.[/FONT]

God's Truth

One must be of God to hear Gods words, which the Gospel is Jn 8:47

[FONT="]He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.[/FONT]

That scripture is about the Jews whom God hardened.

Jesus came first for all those who already belonged to God.

Nanja

That scripture is about the Jews whom God hardened.

Jesus came first for all those who already belonged to God.

Those scriptures describe all those who have never been Born of God John 8:43, 47.

Rom. 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

God's Truth

Those scriptures describe all those who have never been Born of God John 8:43, 47.

Rom. 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

No, John 8:47 is about the cut off and hardened Jews not being able to hear and understand what he was saying.

Luke 19:42 and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace--but now it is hidden from your eyes.

Luke 8:10 He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, "'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.'

John 12:40
"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them."

Matthew 13:14
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: "'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

Mark 8:17 And Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why do you discuss the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet see or understand? Do you have a hardened heart? 18"HAVING EYES, DO YOU NOT SEE? AND HAVING EARS, DO YOU NOT HEAR? And do you not remember,

Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

Nanja

No, John 8:47 is about the cut off and hardened Jews not being able to hear and understand what he was saying.

Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

John 8:47 describes all those who are unable to spiritually hear God's Words because they have not been Born of God!

The Lost Sheep of the House of Israel are God's Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-5; 2 Tim. 1:9, Christ's Sheep He died for John 10:11,15; Is. 53:6.

Is. 45:17
But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

No other People has God Promised to Save!

God's Truth

John 8:47 describes all those who are unable to spiritually hear God's Words because they have not been Born of God!
No, they could not hear God because they were hardened.
The Lost Sheep of the House of Israel are God's Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-5; 2 Tim. 1:9, Christ's Sheep He died for John 10:11,15; Is. 53:6.

Is. 45:17
But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

No other People has God Promised to Save!

The lost sheep of Israel were actual blood related Jews to Abraham.

When Jesus was crucified, then all could come to him to be saved, but he came first for the Jews who already to God.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, they could not hear God because they were hardened.

The lost sheep of Israel were actual blood related Jews to Abraham.

When Jesus was crucified, then all could come to him to be saved, but he came first for the Jews who already to God.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Romans 10:17 New King James Version (NKJV)

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

beloved57

Are you going to dismiss all all the scriptures that say God hardened those Jesus said that to?

Jesus tells us who it is that hears Gods words, read Jn 8:47

[FONT=&quot]He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

[/FONT]
Know who is it that hears Gods words here ?

God's Truth

Jesus tells us who it is that hears Gods words, read Jn 8:47

[FONT="]He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

[/FONT]
Know who is it that hears Gods words here ?

The Jews whom God cut off and hardened could not hear and believe.

God's Truth

Jesus tells us who it is that hears God's words, right here Jn 8:47

You should learn the whole counsel of God and not dismiss any scriptures. I gave you many scriptures that say the Jews who could not understand Jesus are the ones God hardened so that they could not understand Jesus.

beloved57

You should learn the whole counsel of God and not dismiss any scriptures. I gave you many scriptures that say the Jews who could not understand Jesus are the ones God hardened so that they could not understand Jesus.

Too bad you can't believe God's word here, but Jesus tells us who it is that hears God's words Jn 8:47

beloved57

You do not even know to whom and why Jesus said that.

I gave you scripture but you reject it.

Whats important is that He said it, and you disregard it. Read it again Jn 8:47

He that is of God hears God's words: you therefore hear them not, because you are not of God.

Nanja

Whats important is that He said it, and you disregard it. Read it again Jn 8:47

He that is of God hears God's words: you therefore hear them not, because you are not of God.

Right, a person who has never been Born of the Spirit of God doesn't have the ability to hear, understand God's Words which are Spiritual.

beloved57

All True Believers are Gifts to Christ from His Father !

True Believers are given to Christ as part of His Glory and Reward for His Redemptive undertaking via the Cross, and all of the Law obedience that led up to it, Hence Jesus says of those Love Gifts from the Father Jn 6:37

All that the Father gives me shall come to me; and he that comes to me I will in no wise cast out.

They shalll come because they have been predestinated to come! Paul writes of it here Eph 1:5

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

The word shall in Jn 6:37 is a word that means:

will have to,is determined to,or definitely will:

And the word come, as in shall come is the greek word heko and denotes:

metaphorically, to come to one i. e. seek an intimacy with one, become his follower:

So the coming denotes Faith in Christ. So God the Father gives them to Christ so that they become His followers ! Just like this Jn 10:27,29a

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all

Last edited: