Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

The Faith/Faithfulness of Jesus Christ !

Everyone Christ died for, He also lived for, He obeyed the Law for them as Adam failed to do, but Christ was faithful in all that He did in accordance to the Will of God for them He Lived and died for Heb 3:1-2a

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

2Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.

This was His Covenant Mediator Faithfulness as the Surety of His People, His Church, His Sheep, The Body of Christ. Now this Faithfulness is part of that Righteousness which is imputed to the Elect, when according to His One Obedience [for them], the many were made Righteous Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience [fidelity, faithfulness]of one shall many be made righteous.

It can also read without harm, the manny shall be made Faithful by the Obedience of One. That word faithful in the text Heb 3:2a

2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house. its the greek word pistos which means:

trustworthy, faithful, believing. Also the root of pistos faithful and pisteou Faith are the same which refers to persuasion . So when God imputes righteousness without works Rom 4:6

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, He imputes unto them Faith or Faithfulness without works. Its Piety to God without works from them.

Hence thats why Paul testifies to and so does every true believer Christ died for Gal 2:20

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.This is the testimony of all Christ Loved and gave Himself for.

So Imputed Righteousness declares them Faithful before they become believers in time, and its why they must become believers experimentally in time, to show that Christ made them Righteous. All believers believed First in Christ their Surety with the Faith or the Faithfulness of Jesus Christ !

beloved57

To believe on His Name is given to some !

Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now religionist erroneously think that believing on the name of the Son is a condition man has to perform in order to get everlasting life, being all so ignorant that naturally no man can believe on the name of Christ, for men in the flesh, naturally cannot please God Rom 8:8, which believing on the Son does please God.

But who is it that seeth the Son and believes on His Name ? Well the context tells us , look at Vs 37 of John 6

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

In the first place its all that the Father giveth to the Son [election], they come to Him, believing on His Name.

Secondly, its to them that it has been given to, to believe on His Name Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Yes to believe on Him and to believe on His Name are one and the same !

Thirdly, its to all of them that have been appointed to Eternal Life Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
And Fourthly its Christ Sheep that believe on His Name Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Nanja

The Faith/Faithfulness of Jesus Christ !

Everyone Christ died for, He also lived for, He obeyed the Law for them as Adam failed to do, but Christ was faithful in all that He did in accordance to the Will of God for them He Lived and died for Heb 3:1-2a

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

2Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.

This was His Covenant Mediator Faithfulness as the Surety of His People, His Church, His Sheep, The Body of Christ. Now this Faithfulness is part of that Righteousness which is imputed to the Elect, when according to His One Obedience [for them], the many were made Righteous Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience [fidelity, faithfulness]of one shall many be made righteous.

It can also read without harm, the manny shall be made Faithful by the Obedience of One. That word faithful in the text Heb 3:2a

2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house. its the greek word pistos which means:

trustworthy, faithful, believing. Also the root of pistos faithful and pisteou Faith are the same which refers to persuasion . So when God imputes righteousness without works Rom 4:6

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, He imputes unto them Faith or Faithfulness without works. Its Piety to God without works from them.

Hence thats why Paul testifies to and so does every true believer Christ died for Gal 2:20

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.This is the testimony of all Christ Loved and gave Himself for.

So Imputed Righteousness declares them Faithful before they become believers in time, and its why they must become believers experimentally in time, to show that Christ made them Righteous. All believers believed First in Christ their Surety with the Faith or the Faithfulness of Jesus Christ !

Amen Brother!

beloved57

Christ is the author/causer of our Faith !

The boastful religionist doesn't believe this, no they believe that they have generated a faith from their flesh that believes the Truth of the Gospel, the Faith Jude 1:1

However the True Believer shall understand that their Faith to believe, was not their own, but the Gift of God, given with the giving of Christ Rom 8:32

32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Lets look at Heb 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The word author
archégos means:

originator, author, founder, prince, leader.

Hes the source of our Faith,

that by which anything begins to be, the origin, active cause

False religion credits themselves for their bogus faith, whereas true Christians credits Christ for their Faith !

Nanja

Christ is the author/causer of our Faith !

The boastful religionist doesn't believe this, no they believe that they have generated a faith from their flesh that believes the Truth of the Gospel, the Faith Jude 1:1

However the True Believer shall understand that their Faith to believe, was not their own, but the Gift of God, given with the giving of Christ Rom 8:32

32[FONT=&]He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Lets look at Heb 12:2

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The word author [/FONT]
archégos means:

originator, author, founder, prince, leader.

Hes the source of our Faith,

that by which anything begins to be, the origin, active cause

False religion credits themselves for their bogus faith, whereas true Christians credits Christ for their Faith !

Very True! The Faith that God gives is only to all His Elect 1 Pet. 1:2 that were Chosen to Belief of the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13, and the same "all" that God delivered up His Son for Rom. 8:32. And Paul refers to it as the Faith of God's Elect Titus 1:1.

But the non-elect, the wicked, shall never have the kind of faith that God gives 2 Thes. 3:2. So the only kind of faith they are able to muster is a work [ergon] they generate from their own flesh / mind which cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

beloved57

Faith also is the effect of Christ's one offering sanctifying those He died for Heb 10:10

10 [FONT=&quot]By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

And then Jesus says Acts 26:18

[/FONT]
18 [FONT=&quot]To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

In other words Faith in Christ is a means of being Sanctified by Him, corresponding with 2 Thess 2:13

[/FONT]
13 [FONT=&quot]But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

If one for whom Christ died never comes to Faith, belief of the Truth by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, then Christ's one offering failed to do its job, and we know thats not the case ![/FONT]

Nanja

Faith also is the effect of Christ's one offering sanctifying those He died for Heb 10:10

10 [FONT="]By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

And then Jesus says Acts 26:18

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]18 [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

In other words Faith in Christ is a means of being Sanctified by Him, corresponding with 2 Thess 2:13

[/FONT]
13 [FONT="]But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

If one for whom Christ died never comes to Faith, belief of the Truth by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, then Christ's one offering failed to do its job, and we know thats not the case ![/FONT]

We do know that's not the case.

In fact, it actually means that Christ's Sanctifying Death / Blood was not accomplished on behalf of that person; he was not chosen to Salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth. Therefore being outside of God's Grace he shall remain permanently in an unjustified state Rev. 22:11.

It's only Christ's People Mat.1:21 given Him of the Father Eph. 1:4; John 6:37; 17:2, which are Sanctified by His Death, and shall be Sanctified internally and experimentally by the Spirit's Working in them, and giving them Faith in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

beloved57

nanja

It's only Christ's People Mat.1:21 given Him of the Father Eph. 1:4; John 6:37; 17:2, which are Sanctified by His Death, and shall be Sanctified internally and experimentally by the Spirit's Working in them, and giving them Faith in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Absolutely true my Sister. You see the word sanctified in Heb 10:10

[FONT=&quot]By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Its the greek word [/FONT]
hagiazó:

I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.

It means:

to purify internally by reformation of soul: John 17:17, 19 (through knowledge of the truth, cf. John 8:32);

Thats what 2 Thess 2:13 is all about, its an internal sanctification, effected by the death of Christ, which brings the elect to a savng knowledge and belief of the Truth.

So again to teach that one for whom Christ died can remain in unbelief and die in their sins Jn 8:24, its an outright attack against the Sanctifying effects of the Lords Death ! Thats antichrist without a shadow of doubt !

Nanja

nanja

Absolutely true my Sister. You see the word sanctified in Heb 10:10

[FONT="]By the which will we are[U][B] sanctified [/B][/U]through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Its the greek word [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet]hagiazó:

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#0066AA][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet]I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.

It means:

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet]to purify[U] internally [/U]by reformation of soul[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet]: [/FONT][/COLOR][URL="http://biblehub.com/interlinear/john/17-17.htm"]John 17:17, 19[/URL] (through knowledge of the truth, cf. John 8:32);

Thats what 2 Thess 2:13 is all about, its an internal sanctification, effected by the death of Christ, which brings the elect to a savng knowledge and belief of the Truth.

Yes, that's why Jesus said that believing on Him is the Work of God John 6:29, God the Holy Spirit, because it's the fruit and effect Gal. 5:22 of the Spirit's sanctification work in all those the Father has given Him Eph. 1:4; John 6:37; 17:2.

beloved57
So again to teach that one for whom Christ died can remain in unbelief and die in their sins Jn 8:24, its an outright attack against the Sanctifying effects of the Lords Death ! Thats antichrist without a shadow of doubt !
Absolutely Brother, they are false teachers; denying the Sanctifying effects of Christ's Death which has been accomplished for everyone given Him of the Father which He He tasted Death for Heb. 2:9 !

beloved57

Faith is the Gift of God Our Saviour !

2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

First of note, Faith is given as a result of Christ being a risen Saviour, all for whom He died and rose obtain it from Him ! See one can never say Christ is their Saviour if they don't obtain Faith from Him !

beloved57

Faith is the Gift of God Our Saviour ! 2

Now Peter uses the preposition en here 2 Pet 1:1

[FONT=&quot]Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through/in the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

[/FONT]
Συμεὼν Πέτρος δοῦλος καὶ ἀπόστολος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ τοῖς ἰσότιμον ἡμῖν λαχοῦσιν πίστιν ἐν δικαιοσύνῃ τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

This is that same righteousness of God revealed in the Gospel Rom 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

This is the righteousness of God imputed or charged to all whom Christ was made sin for 2 Cor 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him

Now in this imputed Righteousness of God, faith accompanies it, so eventually everyone that has it imputed to them, shall obtain it in order to live by Faith, Faith comes to the redeemed sinner, so they can embrace this righteousness into their consciousness, to live by it!

beloved57

Faith is communicated by the Spirit, in new birth, into the mind of them redeemed by the blood of Christ. Its one of those Spiritual Blessings Christ's Sheep inherit from Him Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Now since Faith is a spiritual blessing, its activated and maintained by a Spiritual power, the Spirit.

beloved57

Faith is the Gift of God as is His Grace. Eph 3:7

[FONT=&quot]Whereof I was made a minister, according to the [/FONT]gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Eph 4:7

[FONT=&quot]But unto every one of us is given [/FONT]grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

True Believers believe because of Grace Acts 18:27

[FONT=&quot]And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had [/FONT]believed through grace

The word through is the prep dia and means:

through, on account of, because of

The testimony of scripture here is they believed on account of or because of Gods Grace, and not because of their so called freewill which is nothing but the arm of the flesh to boast.

Paul says he was a believer by the Grace of God 1 Cor 15:10

10But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Paul was a believer and apostle by the Grace of God.

Now its of Faith so it will be of Grace Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Faith is the result of and evidence of Grace given or bestowed. Faith/or believing isnt conditioned on the sinner else the promises of God could not be sure to all the seed.

Nanja

Faith is the Gift of God as is His Grace. Eph 3:7

[FONT="]Whereof I was made a minister, according to the [/FONT][/COLOR][B]gift of the [B]grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.[/B][/B]

Eph 4:7

[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]But unto every one of us is given [/FONT]
grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

True Believers believe because of Grace Acts 18:27

[FONT="]And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had [/FONT]believed through grace

The word through is the prep dia and means:

through, on account of, because of

The testimony of scripture here is they believed on account of or because of Gods Grace, and not because of their so called freewill which is nothing but the arm of the flesh to boast.

Paul says he was a believer by the Grace of God 1 Cor 15:10

10But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Paul was a believer and apostle by the Grace of God.

Now its of Faith so it will be of Grace Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Faith is the result of and evidence of Grace given or bestowed. Faith/or believing isnt conditioned on the sinner else the promises of God could not be sure to all the seed.

Amen Brother !

The Faith that Saves is Given by the Grace of God exclusively to the People Christ came to Save from their sins Mat. 1:21; the Seed of Abraham Heb. 2:16, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16: And which Grace was Given them In Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

All of Christ's Seed is being kept by the Power and Grace of God.

1 Pet. 1:5
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

God's Grace Reigns and enables all His Holy Seed Eph. 1:4-5 which were ordained to Eternal Life Acts 13:48 to persist in Believing, of which is the evidence of being Chosen to Salvation and belief of the Truth.

2 Thes 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

And the Sanctification of the Spirit ensures all the Chosen Seed of having Belief of the Truth.

So the only kind of Believing that is evidence of Salvation, is a fruit of the Spirit Given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

beloved57

Amen Brother !

The Faith that Saves is Given by the Grace of God exclusively to the People Christ came to Save from their sins Mat. 1:21; the Seed of Abraham Heb. 2:16, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16: And which Grace was Given them In Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

All of Christ's Seed is being kept by the Power and Grace of God.

1 Pet. 1:5
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

God's Grace Reigns and enables all His Holy Seed Eph. 1:4-5 which were ordained to Eternal Life Acts 13:48 to persist in Believing, of which is the evidence of being Chosen to Salvation and belief of the Truth.

2 Thes 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

And the Sanctification of the Spirit ensures all the Chosen Seed of having Belief of the Truth.

So the only kind of Believing that is evidence of Salvation, is a fruit of the Spirit Given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Amen Sister! God has caused you to walk in tbe truth ! Thats a Great Blessing!