Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

Faith to believe on Christ is the fruit of Election, not the cause of election as some falsely teach. Remember Paul wrote in 2 Thess 2:13 unto them Chosen by God:

3 [FONT=&quot]But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The word belief here is not the verb but the noun [/FONT]
pistis which in the NT is translated Faith 239 times

So Faith, belief of the Truth is one of the Salvaic ends to which they were Chosen, as the Beloved of God !

Nanja

Faith to believe on Christ is the fruit of Election, not the cause of election as some falsely teach. Remember Paul wrote in 2 Thess 2:13 unto them Chosen by God:

3 [FONT="]But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The word belief here is not the verb but the noun [/FONT]
pistis which in the NT is translated Faith 239 times

So Faith, belief of the Truth is one of the Salvaic ends to which they were Chosen, as the Beloved of God !

Amen !

beloved57

Faith to Believe in God !

Natural mans religion always seeks to deprive Christ/God of their Glory due. One way they do this is by attributing Faith Heb 11:1 unto the natural man, which is a lie. Sure man may have a natural faith, but that has absolutely nothing to do with God in Salvation. But the Faith in God that has to do with Salvation in and through Jesus Christ, who is God, comes from Christ and is part of the Glory He received from the Father when He raised Him from the dead. Lets look at 1 Pet 1:21

Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him[Christ] glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Faith and Hope in God, in the realm of Salvation, is the result of God giving Christ Glory after raising Him from the Dead.

Thats what 1 Pet 1:21 tells us. Key to understanding this is the word that:

that your faith and hope might be in God.

Its the greek
Conjunction hóste and it means:

so that, therefore, so then, so as to.

hṓste (a conjunction, derived from 5613 /hōs, "as" and 5037 /té, "both-and") – wherefore (with the result that both . . . ), connecting cause to necessary effect which emphasizes the result (the combined, end-accomplishment). The result involved then is the combination of both elements in the correlation, underscoring the inevitable effect of the paired elements.

So understand that according to Peter here Faith in God is the necessary effect, the inevitable of effect of God raising up Christ from the dead and giving Him Glory !

Thats why Peter writes in his 2 nd epistle to these same believers 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

Nanja

Faith to Believe in God !

Natural mans religion always seeks to deprive Christ/God of their Glory due. One way they do this is by attributing Faith Heb 11:1 unto the natural man, which is a lie. Sure man may have a natural faith, but that has absolutely nothing to do with God in Salvation. But the Faith in God that has to do with Salvation in and through Jesus Christ, who is God, comes from Christ and is part of the Glory He received from the Father when He raised Him from the dead. Lets look at 1 Pet 1:21

Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him[Christ] glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Faith and Hope in God, in the realm of Salvation, is the result of God giving Christ Glory after raising Him from the Dead.

Thats what 1 Pet 1:21 tells us. Key to understanding this is the word that:

that your faith and hope might be in God.

Its the greek
Conjunction hóste and it means:

so that, therefore, so then, so as to.

hṓste (a conjunction, derived from 5613 /hōs, "as" and 5037 /té, "both-and") – wherefore (with the result that both . . . ), connecting cause to necessary effect which emphasizes the result (the combined, end-accomplishment). The result involved then is the combination of both elements in the correlation, underscoring the inevitable effect of the paired elements.

So understand that according to Peter here Faith in God is the necessary effect, the inevitable of effect of God raising up Christ from the dead and giving Him Glory !

Thats why Peter writes in his 2 nd epistle to these same believers 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

Amen Brother !

The like precious Faith 2 Pet. 1:1 that all God's Elect Eph. 1:4 shall be Given in their lifetime, is imparted or communicated to each one of them in New Birth, as the effect and result of the Glory Christ received from the Father upon His Resurrection from the dead 1 Pet. 1:21 !

So Faith in God can never be of ourselves: No person in the flesh can place his/her faith in Christ. That's an absurd assumption preached by false gospel teachers.

Eph. 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Faith is obtained by God's Elect because they were given Grace and Saved in Christ their Surety Heb. 7:22; and raised with Him from the dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb. 13:20 even before the World began 2 Tim. 1:9 !

beloved57

Faith to believe on Christ as to salvation/conversion isnt something men naturally can do, Jn 6:44

44 [FONT=&quot]No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

It must be given by God as a Gift of Grace to believe on Christ Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf/for the sake of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

You see that ? Its given for men to believe on Christ for the sake of Christ. This is a favour God does for Christ, His sake because of what He done, hence Jn 6:44 says the Fathers draws them and vs 65 its given to some by the Father to come/believe on Christ, but its not natural for man to do so ![/FONT]

beloved57

So Faith is the Gift of God Eph 2:8; Acts 18:27;2 Pet 1:1; Its the result of the power /operation of God Eph 1:19;Col 2:12;1 Cor 2:5

beloved57

Who really believes in Christ ?

That would be Christ's Sheep, Jesus says of them who never do believe, Jn 10:26

[FONT=&quot]But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Of course that statement tacitly assumes that if they were of Christ's Sheep they would believe on Him !

And heres why this would be true. All for whom Christ died were His Sheep, we have Christ particularly stating who He died for here Jn 10:11,15, He being the Good Shepherd that did what Jn 10:11

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep And not only that but scripture affirms that He was brought from the dead after having given His Life for the Sheep, as who Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

You see that ? He was brought again from the dead as our Lord Jesus, the Great Shepherd of the Sheep!

Thats confirmation also that He died therefore as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep ! Back in Heb 2:9 He therefore tasted death for every Sheep, and was brought from the dead for them.

Now as a result of His having died as the Shepherd of the Sheep and being raised again for them, God will do this for them Heb 13:21

21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Now what does this entail, make you perfect in every good work to do His Will ?[/FONT]

beloved57

Who really believes in Christ ? continued:

"make you perfect in every good work to do His Will " Now the words make you perfect are in the greek are the word katartizō which means:

to render, i.e. to fit, sound, complete

1. to mend (what has been broken or rent), to repair
    1. to complete
  2. to fit out, equip, put in order, arrange, adjust
    1. to fit or frame for one's self, prepare
  3. ethically: to strengthen, perfect, complete, make one what he ought to be
The meaning is that God will spiritually equip, fit , prepare, frame the Sheep to do His Will. This is done by furnishing them with His Spirit Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

God equips the Sheep through the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant to do His Will, which Will for them first and foremost is to Believe on Christ ! Jn 6:40

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The word will here is the same word will in Heb 13:21

21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

The Blood of Christ the Great Shepherd of the Sheep ensures that everyone He died for [His Sheep] sees the Son Spiritually and believe on Him ! Thats Gods Will for them !

beloved57

So because of the Blood of the everlasting covenant shed by the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, God will equip the Sheep, furnish the Sheep with what is needed to do His Will, which will of His is for the Sheep to believe on Christ. He will undertake to work IN them that which is well pleasing in His sight. Which one of such things is to keep His commandment to believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ 1 Jn 3:21-23

21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

So thats something God works in His Sheep that is well pleasing in His sight !

Nanja

"make you perfect in every good work to do His Will " Now the words make you perfect are in the greek are the word katartizō which means:

to render, i.e. to fit, sound, complete

1. to mend (what has been broken or rent), to repair
    1. to complete
  2. to fit out, equip, put in order, arrange, adjust
    1. to fit or frame for one's self, prepare
  3. ethically: to strengthen, perfect, complete, make one what he ought to be
The meaning is that God will spiritually equip, fit , prepare, frame the Sheep to do His Will. This is done by furnishing them with His Spirit Ezk 36:26-27

[FONT=&]26 [/FONT]A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

[FONT=&]27 [/FONT]And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

God equips the Sheep through the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant to do His Will, which Will for them first and foremost is to Believe on Christ ! Jn 6:40

[FONT=&]And this is the [/FONT]will [FONT=&]of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and [/FONT]believe[FONT=&]th on him, may have everlasting life: and I [/FONT]will[FONT=&] raise him up at the last day.

The word will here is the same word will in Heb 13:21

The Blood of Christ the Great Shepherd of the Sheep ensures that everyone He died for [His Sheep] sees the Son Spiritually and believe on Him ! Thats Gods Will for them ![/FONT]

Amen, it's because of what Christ's Work as their Mediator accomplished in their behalf from Everlasting Heb. 7:22; 13:20, which ensures God giving them Spiritual Life, a conversion / New Birth in fulfillment of His Covenant Promise Ezek. 36:26-27, and Faith Gal. 5:22 to Believe on Christ John 6:40.

Phil. 1:6, 29
6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Nanja

Nanja

Amen Sister, God has given you understanding !

Praise the Lord !

Thanking God for you Brother, and your instruction in the Truth over the years, a tremendous help to me !

Phil. 1:4-6

4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, 5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

beloved57

How is Faith obtained ?

Man by nature doesn't have a Faith that pleases God, for it is written :Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Man by nature man have a faith, but its no better off in the things of God as the devils faith in God James 2:19

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

But neither devils or natural man has the Faith of Gods Elect Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Now how is this Faith obtained ? Peter informs us 2 Pet 1:2

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Its obtained through the "righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:"

This Faith is obtained by Christ's Character as a Saviour. Those He came to save shall through Him obtain this Faith.

Nanja

How is Faith obtained ?

Man by nature doesn't have a Faith that pleases God, for it is written :Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Man by nature man have a faith, but its no better off in the things of God as the devils faith in God James 2:19

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

But neither devils or natural man has the Faith of Gods Elect Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Now how is this Faith obtained ? Peter informs us 2 Pet 1:2

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Its obtained through the "righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:"

This Faith is obtained by Christ's Character as a Saviour. Those He came to save shall through Him obtain this Faith.

Yes, the only kind of Faith that pleases God is a Fruit Gal. 5:22 and Gift of the Spirit Eph. 2:8 given in New Birth to all God's Elect, His Adopted Children Chosen in union with Christ, their Covenant Head and Surety Saviour Heb.7:22 to have remission of sins Eph. 1:4-7.

But those who remain all their lives in a spiritually unregenerate state never were His children, and Christ was not their Saviour. So their own Faith / believing in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:8; their own works of righteousness are as filthy rags in His Sight Is. 64:6.

beloved57

How is Faith obtained ?

It is obtained by Divine Spiritual Allotment.

2 Pet 1:1

The word obtained in the original is lagchanō :

1. to obtain by lot
    1. to receive by divine allotment, obtain
  2. to cast lots, determine by lot

Its a Spiritual allotment because Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Nanja

How is Faith obtained ?

It is obtained by Divine Spiritual Allotment.

2 Pet 1:1

The word obtained in the original is lagchanō :

1. to obtain by lot
    1. to receive by divine allotment, obtain
  2. to cast lots, determine by lot

Its a Spiritual allotment because Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Yes indeed ! The Faith that is a fruit of the Spirit is given by the allotment of God to all those He ordained / appointed to Eternal Life Acts 13:48: The fruit of adoption and predestination which is given exclusively to them, the Election of Grace; a remnant of mankind, who by the imparted Righteousness of their Covenant Head and Surety Christ Jesus Heb. 7:22 from Everlasting Rom. 5:9-10 were made legally Righteous according to God's Law and Justice by His Death on their behalf Rom. 5:17.

beloved57

nanja

Yes indeed ! The Faith that is a fruit of the Spirit is given by the allotment of God to all those He ordained / appointed to Eternal Life Acts 13:48:

Thats a good verse to support that. Thanks

The fruit of adoption and predestination which is given exclusively to them, the Election of Grace; a remnant of mankind, who by the imparted Righteousness of their Covenant Head and Surety Christ Jesus Heb. 7:22 from Everlasting Rom. 5:9-10 were made legally Righteous according to God's Law and Justice by His Death on their behalf Rom. 5:17.

Did you mean imputed righteousness ? Or that imparted righteousness is the fruit of them who had been made legally righteous from everlasting ?

FineLinen

But those who remain all their lives in a spiritually unregenerate state never were His children, and Christ was not their Saviour. So their own Faith / believing in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:8; their own works of righteousness are as filthy rags in His Sight Is. 64:6.

Nonsense!

"God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe/trust in Him. Command this & teach this"

He is not the Saviour of only/monos those who believe/trust in Him: He is the Saviour "especially/malista"of those who trust in Him.

Nanja

nanja

Thats a good verse to support that. Thanks

Did you mean imputed righteousness ? Or that imparted righteousness is the fruit of them who had been made legally righteous from everlasting ?

Yes, I said that wrong; I meant imputed Righteousness by our Surety.

His imparted Righteousness we receive at New Birth.

TY !

Nanja

Nonsense!

"God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe/trust in Him. Command this & teach this"

He is not the Saviour of only/monos those who believe/trust in Him: He is the Saviour "especially/malista"of those who trust in Him.

1 Tim. 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially [Gr. malista] of those that believe.

The word specially or especially is actually the qualifier of who God in Christ is a Saviour unto: particularly to God's Elect who have been given Faith to Believe on Christ in New Birth Gal. 5:22 whether jew or gentile.