Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

Faith is a Covenant Promise ! 2

That Faith is an covenant blessing resulting from the covenantal death of Christ , and which He is the Mediator of, is seen again here Heb 8:6-10

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he[ Christ Jesus]] is the mediator[1 Tim 2:5] of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

For when God puts His Laws into the Mind, He puts Faith in it, the Law of Faith Rom 3:27

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

This Law is instilled by the Spirit in the New Birth, another Covenant Blessing resulting from the death of Christ Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

This is to cause them to walk in Faith !

Nanja

Faith is a Covenant Promise ! 2

That Faith is an covenant blessing resulting from the covenantal death of Christ , and which He is the Mediator of, is seen again here Heb 8:6-10

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he[ Christ Jesus]] is the mediator[1 Tim 2:5] of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

For when God puts His Laws into the Mind, He puts Faith in it, the Law of Faith Rom 3:27

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

This Law is instilled by the Spirit in the New Birth, another Covenant Blessing resulting from the death of Christ Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

This is to cause them to walk in Faith !

Amen!

God imparts Eternal Life to His Covenant People by giving them a Divine Nature John 3:7; 2 Pet. 1:4. For the Faith He gives is a Fruit and Gift of His Spirit Gal. 5:22; It is a Covenant Blessing, the Law of Faith from Him to all whom Christ Jesus was a Surety for Heb. 7:22.

So then, those who boast of their own faith which they exercised to get themselves saved is boastful and highminded Rom. 3:27, pure idolatry 2 Thes. 2:4!

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen!

God imparts Eternal Life to His Covenant People by giving them a Divine Nature John 3:7; 2 Pet. 1:4. For the Faith He gives is a Fruit and Gift of His Spirit Gal. 5:22; It is a Covenant Blessing, the Law of Faith from Him to all whom Christ Jesus was a Surety for Heb. 7:22.

So then, those who boast of their own faith which they exercised to get themselves saved is boastful and highminded Rom. 3:27, pure idolatry 2 Thes. 2:4!

~~~~~
Amen Sister!

beloved57

Believed because ordained to eternal life !

Believed because ordained to eternal life !

Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Believing the Gospel, the word of the Lord is indicative of having been ordained to eternal life before time, when it was promised Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

So Jesus makes this profound statement Jn 6:47

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Those coming to believe on Him in time, have eternal life , it had been promised them before time in Him and so they had been ordained to it!

Nanja

Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Believing the Gospel, the word of the Lord is indicative of having been ordained to eternal life before time, when it was promised Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

So Jesus makes this profound statement Jn 6:47

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Those coming to believe on Him in time, have eternal life , it had been promised them before time in Him and so they had been ordained to it!

Because Christ's Sheep were ordained to eternal life John 10:28, He being their Surety from Everlasting Heb. 7:22; Rev. 13:8, they never had any sin imputed to them Rom. 4:8; 2 Cor. 5:21. So then in time they shall believe on Him, not to become saved, but as evidence that they were already Justified by His Blood even then:

Heb. 9:12
Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Heb. 13:20-21
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

~~~~~

beloved57

Because Christ's Sheep were ordained to eternal life John 10:28, He being their Surety from Everlasting Heb. 7:22; Rev. 13:8, they never had any sin imputed to them Rom. 4:8; 2 Cor. 5:21. So then in time they shall believe on Him, not to become saved, but as evidence that they were already Justified by His Blood even then:

Heb. 9:12
Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Heb. 13:20-21
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

~~~~~
Amen Sister!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

beloved57

Can one Christ died for die in unbelief ?

The answer to this question is NO, its not even possble. You see, all for whom Christ lived and died for, He did it as their Surety represenative, and so when He Lived for them, obeying Gods Law in their behalf and stead, He did it in Faith, as it is written Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Now, did Christ when He Lived as their Surety upon the earth please God with Faith ? The answer is yes Jn 8:29

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

He is the author of our faith Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jesus lived by Faith as our Surety, hence all for whom He Lived for have already in Him lived a life of faith which is pleasing to God. That being the case, its not even possible for anyone He was Surety for not to live by Faith.

That would contradict His Suretyship Life of Faith for them. Its no more possible for one whom Christ died to not live by faith, as it was not possible for one Adam represented to not live as a unbeliever !

Nanja

Can one Christ died for die in unbelief ?

The answer to this question is NO, its not even possble. You see, all for whom Christ lived and died for, He did it as their Surety represenative, and so when He Lived for them, obeying Gods Law in their behalf and stead, He did it in Faith, as it is written Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Now, did Christ when He Lived as their Surety upon the earth please God with Faith ? The answer is yes Jn 8:29

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

He is the author of our faith Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jesus lived by Faith as our Surety, hence all for whom He Lived for have already in Him lived a life of faith which is pleasing to God. That being the case, its not even possible for anyone He was Surety for not to live by Faith.

That would contradict His Suretyship Life of Faith for them. Its no more possible for one whom Christ died to not live by faith, as it was not possible for one Adam represented to not live as a unbeliever !

Yes, and they were the exact same ones which were Chosen in Christ their Covenant Head and Surety Eph. 1:4 as the ones Adam was the Federal Head of when he sinned in unbelief. But since their sins were already laid on their Surety Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6 which also included their sin of unbelief in Adam, God imprisoned them all in unbelief:

Rom. 11:32
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

These are the only People, a remnant of all humanity, God has Mercy on: His Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23, and whom Christ as their Surety Lived by Faith for, and pleased God for John 8:29, which results in God's Spirit quickening them in time while they are being dead in sin Eph. 2:4-5, all because His Grace was given them in Christ Jesus before the World began 2 Tim. 1:9.

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes, and they were the exact same ones which were Chosen in Christ their Covenant Head and Surety Eph. 1:4 as the ones Adam was the Federal Head of when he sinned in unbelief. But since their sins were already laid on their Surety Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6 which also included their sin of unbelief in Adam, God imprisoned them all in unbelief:

Rom. 11:32
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

These are the only People, a remnant of all humanity, God has Mercy on: His Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23, and whom Christ as their Surety Lived by Faith for, and pleased God for John 8:29, which results in God's Spirit quickening them in time while they are being dead in sin Eph. 2:4-5, all because His Grace was given them in Christ Jesus before the World began 2 Tim. 1:9.

~~~~~
Amen!

beloved57

Taught of God to believe in Christ !

To believe on Christ for Salvation is something man naturally cant do, hence Jesus says Jn 6:44

44 No man [naturally or by nature] can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

So Jesus goes on to say:

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

To prepare a sinner to believe in, rest in Christ for all of salvation, God teaches them out of His Law

Ps 94:12

Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law;

God causes the Law to be their schoolmaster unto the Faith in Christ Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Faith in Christ for Salvation is divinely orchestrated, arranged , and managed.

The Holy Spirit applies spiritually the law to the apiritually awakened sinner that they should know the reality of sin , as Paul wrote Rom 7:7-9,14

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Back in Vs 7 Paul says that he would not have known sin but by the law, meaning he had to be taught of God into a spiritual realization of his sinfulness,

And all the children of God are taught this, its their chastening Ps 94:12 which is a proof of sonship Heb 12:6-8

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

The end of this chastening is faith in Christ. Thats who Jesus is speaking of in Jn 6:44-45 the children of God, drawing from a prophesy in Isa 54:13

And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

Nanja

Taught of God to believe in Christ !

To believe on Christ for Salvation is something man naturally cant do, hence Jesus says Jn 6:44

44 No man [naturally or by nature] can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

So Jesus goes on to say:

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

To prepare a sinner to believe in, rest in Christ for all of salvation, God teaches them out of His Law

Ps 94:12

Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law;

God causes the Law to be their schoolmaster unto the Faith in Christ Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Faith in Christ for Salvation is divinely orchestrated, arranged , and managed.

The Holy Spirit applies spiritually the law to the spiritually awakened sinner that they should know the reality of sin , as Paul wrote Rom 7:7-9,14

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Back in Vs 7 Paul says that he would not have known sin but by the law, meaning he had to be taught of God into a spiritual realization of his sinfulness,

And all the children of God are taught this, its their chastening Ps 94:12 which is a proof of sonship Heb 12:6-8

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

The end of this chastening is faith in Christ. Thats who Jesus is speaking of in Jn 6:44-45 the children of God, drawing from a prophesy in Isa 54:13

And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

Because those that the Father draws to Christ John 6:44 belonged to Him before the foundation Eph. 1:4-5, He gives all of them, His Elect, Spiritual Life John 3:7, and the gift of Faith Titus 1:1; Eph. 2:8 to believe on Him Phil. 1:29.
So being taught of God, and His chastening work, is exclusively for His Sons Heb. 12:7, to reveal the Righteousness they have in Christ Rom. 1:16-17, and make them experimentally aware of, and convince them of sin.

John 16:8
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

The word reprove is elegchō, and means: to convict, refute, confute; generally with a suggestion of shame of the person convicted, to chasten, to punish

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

So being taught of God, and His chastening work, is exclusively for His Sons Heb. 12:7, to reveal the Righteousness they have in Christ Rom. 1:16-17, and make them experimentally aware of, and convince them of sin.

Exactly. So Jesus says of them who are made experimentally aware of and convinced of their sinfulness Matt 5:4

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Nanja

nanja

Exactly. So Jesus says of them who are made experimentally aware of and convinced of their sinfulness Matt 5:4

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Yes, we are Blessed Brother, even while in this body of flesh we're in, knowing that our sins were already laid upon our Shepherd Is. 53:6; John 10:11, 15.

Rom. 4:8
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes, we are Blessed Brother, even while in this body of flesh we're in, knowing that our sins were already laid upon our Shepherd Is. 53:6; John 10:11, 15.

Rom. 4:8
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

~~~~~
Exactly!

beloved57

Faith is a work/deed of the law !

Not only does Jesus intimate this truth that Faith is a work/deed of the Law Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Who can miss that Faith here is one of the weightier matters of the law that ought to have been done !

Now another passage of scripture that intimates the same truth that Faith is a law deed is James 1:25

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

The perfect law of liberty is the Gospel, it presents Christ as the liberator , hence Jesus says Jn 8:36

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.. The word free here is the greek word eleutheros and means :

at liberty 1 Cor 7:39

The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty G1658 to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

Its the same Liberty Paul speaks of here also Gal 5:1

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

And so the Gospel of Peace through Jesus Christ is that Law of Liberty James 1:25

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Looking here is an act of Faith, and its a doing of a work, a deed .

Now if ones says they are Justified before God because of their act of Faith, they are claiming to be Justified by the deeds of the law, which is contrary to scripture, which reads Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Faith is a deed of the Law Matt 23:23 !

beloved57

Faith is a work/deed of the law !2

What is the work in Vs 25 James 1:25

The work is Faith ! If refers back to the looking into the perfect law of liberty which is the Gospel which sets forth the work of Christ.

Nanja

Faith is a work/deed of the law !

Not only does Jesus intimate this truth that Faith is a work/deed of the Law Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Who can miss that Faith here is one of the weightier matters of the law that ought to have been done !

Now another passage of scripture that intimates the same truth that Faith is a law deed is James 1:25

The perfect law of liberty is the Gospel, it presents Christ as the liberator , hence Jesus says Jn 8:36

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.. The word free here is the greek word eleutheros and means :

at liberty 1 Cor 7:39

The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty G1658 to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

Its the same Liberty Paul speaks of here also Gal 5:1

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

And so the Gospel of Peace through Jesus Christ is that Law of Liberty James 1:25

Looking here is an act of Faith, and its a doing of a work, a deed .

Now if ones says they are Justified before God because of their act of Faith, they are claiming to be Justified by the deeds of the law, which is contrary to scripture, which reads Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Faith is a deed of the Law Matt 23:23 !

Because Faith is a deed of the Law, The only work of Faith that Justifies a person is the work of Christ in behalf of all those He lived and died for Rom. 5:19, He kept the Law of Faith for them.

There's no way around the fact, that if a person says it was his own faith he exercised to become justified /saved, then he's a liar and a boaster of what he accomplished by obeying the Law Rom. 3:20; Eph. 2:8-9!

Gal. 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

~~~~~

beloved57

Because Faith is a deed of the Law, The only work of Faith that Justifies a person is the work of Christ in behalf of all those He lived and died for Rom. 5:19, He kept the Law of Faith for them.

There's no way around the fact, that if a person says it was his own faith he exercised to become justified /saved, then he's a liar and a boaster of what he accomplished by obeying the Law Rom. 3:20; Eph. 2:8-9!

Gal. 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

~~~~~
Exactly!

LTache

BANNED
Banned
2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Peter in this scripture does inform us where precious Faith comes from ! Its certainly not of ourselves Eph 2:8.

It comes in or with the Righteousness of God and Our Saviour, this Righteousness is the free gift that Christ purchased and bestows upon all for whom He died Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ)

This Righteousness as well as that referred to in 2 Pet 1:1 is the imparted Righteousness of Christ we receive at New Birth. It is through this imparted or communicated Righteousness at New Birth we receive of, that with it we are given precious Faith.

Peter goes on to say 2 Pet 1:3-4

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Faith or precious Faith is of the many things Given to us by New Birth which gives us to live a life of godliness !

So 2 Pet 1:1 is but another scripture that proves biblically that Faith is the product of New Birth, partaking experimentally of the Divine Nature !

Do you believe that Jesus art the Christ?