Faith to believe on Christ !

Nanja

Thanks to God it is Edifying to the Body of Christ!

Amen!

The Truth of the Gospel of the Grace of God is surely Edifying;
not to all men, but exclusively to the Elect Body of Christ!
Eph 1:4-11; 2 Tim. 1:9!

2 Thes. 2:13-14
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord,
because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of
the Spirit and belief of the truth 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel,
to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Amen!

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord,
because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of

~~~~~

Elect body of Christ? Show me that in scripture.

beloved57

Amen!

~~~~~

Amen My Sister in Christ !

Nanja

Elect body of Christ? Show me that in scripture.

There is only One Body Christ gave His life for Eph 5:23-25:
Those God had Chosen In Union with Christ before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9;
and are the same ones given to Him of the Father John 17:2.

The Body of Christ and the Elect, the Election of Grace Rom 11:5, are one and the same,
Chosen in Christ and predestinated to become His Adopted Children Eph. 1:4-5,
to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:7; comprised in time, of both OT and NT Saints.

So to refer to them as the Elect Body of Christ is accurate and scriptural 1 Cor. 2:13.

Rom 8:33-34
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again,
who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Yet false teachers maintain that a natural man has the ability to place himself in Christ,
become a member of the Body of Christ, by his own religious works or actions such as
believing, receiving, trusting in Christ, etc., but they are deceived!

~~~~~

beloved57

There is only One Body Christ gave His life for Eph 5:23-25:
Those God had Chosen In Union with Christ before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9;
and are the same ones given to Him of the Father John 17:2.

The Body of Christ and the Elect, the Election of Grace Rom 11:5, are one and the same,
Chosen in Christ and predestinated to become His Adopted Children Eph. 1:4-5,
to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:7; comprised in time, of both OT and NT Saints.

So to refer to them as the Elect Body of Christ is accurate and scriptural 1 Cor. 2:13.

Rom 8:33-34
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again,
who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Yet false teachers maintain that a natural man has the ability to place himself in Christ,
become a member of the Body of Christ, by his own religious works or actions such as
believing, receiving, trusting in Christ, etc., but they are deceived!

~~~~~

Good answer, but the poster inquiring does not even believe or understand the scripture!

beloved57

Faith is given to all for whom Christ died Phil 1:29, which death constituted them righteous Rom 5:19, and so Faith is given them to evidence their being made righteous in their own consciousness Heb11:1,4 !

Nanja

Faith is given to all for whom Christ died Phil 1:29, which death constituted them righteous Rom 5:19, and so Faith is given them to evidence their being made righteous in their own consciousness Heb11:1,4 !

Amen! As a result of them being redeemed by Christ's death and made Righteous Rom. 5:19,
they shall be given the fruit of Faith Gal. 5:22 in New Birth.

Gal. 3:13-14
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us:
for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ;
that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

As a consequence of Christ's Obedience on their behalf,
they shall receive the Blessing of Abraham which is the Spirit Adoption!

Gal. 4:4-6
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

So those who have been ordained to Eternal Life Act 13:48 shall receive the Promise of the Spirit through Faith Gal 3:14.

Rom. 8:14-17
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;
if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Praise the Lord, for the Holy Spirit is the One who receives the Glory for the Faith of those Christ died for!

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen! As a result of them being redeemed by Christ's death and made Righteous Rom. 5:19,
they shall be given the fruit of Faith Gal. 5:22 in New Birth.

Gal. 3:13-14
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us:
for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ;
that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

As a consequence of Christ's Obedience on their behalf,
they shall receive the Blessing of Abraham which is the Spirit Adoption!

Gal. 4:4-6
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

So those who have been ordained to Eternal Life Act 13:48 shall receive the Promise of the Spirit through Faith Gal 3:14.

Rom. 8:14-17
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Praise the Lord, for the Holy Spirit is the One who receives the Glory for the Faith of those Christ died for!

~~~~~
Amen, you made some good points!

beloved57

Faith is not the Believers Righteousness, but the Believers Righteousness that they have through Jesus Christ as a Free Gift of Grace is revealed to their God given Faith Rom 1:17 !

Nanja

Faith is not the Believers Righteousness, but the Believers Righteousness that they have through Jesus Christ as a Free Gift of Grace is revealed to their God given Faith Rom 1:17 !

Yes, the Just / Righteous shall live by Faith Rom. 1:17, because their God given Faith is the evidence
of the Free Gift of Grace which was given them before the World began 2 Tim. 1:9.

All of the many, the Election of Grace, that were given to Christ by the Father for Him to die for John 17:2,
they shall be given the Fruit of Faith Gal. 5:22 passively in Regeneration / New Birth,
which precedes their own Believing, and is the only kind of Faith that pleases God Rom. 8:8.

Then their Righteousness in Christ, through the Gospel Eph. 1:13, begins to be revealed experimentally to them
that they are Sons of God Eph. 1:5 by their passive receiving of the Spirit of Adoption:

Rom. 8:15-17
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes, the Just / Righteous shall live by Faith Rom. 1:17, because their God given Faith is the evidence
of the Free Gift of Grace which was given them before the World began 2 Tim. 1:9.

All of the many, the Election of Grace, that were given to Christ by the Father for Him to die for John 17:2,
they shall be given the Fruit of Faith Gal. 5:22 passively in Regeneration / New Birth,
which precedes their own Believing, and is the only kind of Faith that pleases God Rom. 8:8.

Then their Righteousness in Christ, through the Gospel Eph. 1:13, begins to be revealed experimentally to them
that they are Sons of God Eph. 1:5 by their passive receiving of the Spirit of Adoption:

Rom. 8:15-17
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

~~~~~
Amen!

beloved57

Faith is a Covenant Promise !

Heb 8:11

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

This means they all shall be given Faith to Believe in the True God and Jesus Christ Jn 17:3

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus here was speaking according to that Covenant Promise made in Heb 8:11 !

Jesus says of His Covenant People Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Jesus promised that His Sheep shall hear / know His voice Jn 10:3-4

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

You see, the knowing and hearing are the same, and faith cometh by hearing, and the knowing is promised in the Covenant. Heb 8:10-11

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Last edited:

Nanja

Faith is a Covenant Promise !

Heb 8:11

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

This means they all shall be given Faith to Believe in the True God and Jesus Christ Jn 17:3

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus here was speaking according to that Covenant Promise made in Heb 8:11 !

Jesus says of His Covenant People Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Jesus promised that His Sheep shall hear / know His voice Jn 10:3-4

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

You see, the knowing and hearing are the same, and faith cometh by hearing, and the knowing is promised in the Covenant. Heb 8:10-11

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Amen, that's the Everlasting Covenant, or Covenant of Grace 2 Tim 1:9, in which Christ was made a Surety Heb 7:22 in behalf of God's Sheep before the world began: the portion of humanity which was Chosen in Him Eph. 1:3-7; John 17:2, in the Purpose of the Triune Godhead Eph. 3:11, to have Redemption through His Blood 1 Pet. 1:18-20.

So because they were Elected to Salvation, it shall be revealed in the Gospel, to every one of them, to Faith Rom. 1:17; a Fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22; given them in New Birth:

2 Tim. 1:8-10
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen, that's the Everlasting Covenant, or Covenant of Grace 2 Tim 1:9, in which Christ was made the Surety Heb 7:22 in behalf of God's Sheep before the world began: the portion of humanity which was Chosen in Him Eph. 1:3-7; John 17:2, in the Purpose of the Triune Godhead Eph. 3:11, to have Redemption through His Blood 1 Pet. 1:18-20.

So because they were Elected to Salvation, it shall be revealed in the Gospel, to every one of them, to Faith Rom. 1:17; a Fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22; given them in New Birth:

2 Tim. 1:8-10
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

~~~~~
Praise the Lord!

beloved57

Faith is obtained through Christ being our Saviour !

2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

If Christ is Our Saviour, we shall obtain precious Faith through Him, or by means of Him.

Every person Christ died for and is their Saviour, obtain a allotment of Faith. The word obtained is the greek word lagchanó and means:

I obtain (receive) by lot, my lot (turn) is, (b) I draw lots.

to receive by divine allotment, obtain

To allot something means to measure out , to assign to. Its the same as when Paul wrote to them in Rome whose Faith was heard of abroad Rom 1:8

First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

This Faith had been measured out or alloted out to every one of them Rom 12:3

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

That word dealt actually means alloted. Its the greek word merizó
and means:

I divide into parts, divide, part, share, distribute; mid: I share, take part in a partitioning; I distract.

lot, destiny, assigned to one,

Each member of Christ is dealt a measure of Faith. The word measure metron means:

determined extent, portion measured off, measure or limit

naturally men dont have this faith, thats why Paul cautions the believers not to think highly of themselves Rom 12:3

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Remember he had cautioned them previously in Rom 11:20

[h=1]20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:[/h]See Faith in the things of God is not of ourselves, but its the Gift/allotment of God Eph 2:8 !

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift [allotment] of God:

Faith is obtained, received in the fact that Christ is Our Saviour !

Jesus Christ would be less than a Saviour if those He saves doesnt receive their alloted portion of Faith ! 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: