Faith to believe on Christ !

Nanja

All men dont have Faith, but its restricted to Gods Elect. 2 Thess 3:2

2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

This is not speaking of the natural mans faith in natural things that pertain naturally to this life, that faith has absolutely nothing to do with God and or the Things of God, the Truth/Truths of God, or Spiritual Things. The Faith that all men dont have is that Faith which is a fruit and gift of Gods Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

given in New Birth or when one is born of the Spirit opposed to being born only of the flesh Jn 3:6-8

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

When we have Spirit produced Faith, its the Faith of Gods Elect Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

This Faith acknowledges the Truth of God in Gospel Obedience. One has to be of Gods Elect in order to receive Faith, or Election leads to Faith, for instance, Peter writes to Gods Elect this 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Obedience here is synonymous to Faith, because Faith in Spiritual matters involves Obedience, its a trait of the Seed of Abraham, the Father of this Faith Heb 11:8

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Believing the Gospel is also called obedience of Faith Rom 1:5

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Rom 16:26

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

This Obedience / Faith is the result of the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit from New Birth.

Again, that Election results in Faith is seen in 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Belief of the Truth here, which is Faith, is the same as obedience in 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit,unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Now all men dont have this Faith/obedience, its given to Gods Elect in order for them to obey the Truth.

Appreciate this excellent study on the Faith of God's Elect :)

Many unsaved religious people do have a natural faith or a head knowledge of some scriptural principles,
but because they aren't God's Elect, they will never come to Spirit-Given Faith Gal. 5:22 which leads to Salvation.

When one Christ died for is Given the privilege to Believe on Him and the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24; 2 Tim. 1:9:
The Word of Truth Eph. 1:13, its the evidence of the Holy Spirit's Power working in them Eph. 3:20; that he/she is one
of God's Elect Titus 1:1, given by the Father to Christ John 6:37 to be His Inheritance Eph. 1:18. Therefore, these shall
Believe the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13 as a result of God having Chosen them to Salvation; Ordaining them to Eternal Life Acts 13:48.

~~~~~

beloved57

Appreciate this excellent study on the Faith of God's Elect :)

Many unsaved religious people do have a natural faith or a head knowledge of some scriptural principles,
but because they aren't God's Elect, they will never come to Spirit-Given Faith Gal. 5:22 which leads to Salvation.

When one Christ died for is Given the privilege to Believe on Him and the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24; 2 Tim. 1:9:
The Word of Truth Eph. 1:13, its the evidence of the Holy Spirit's Power working in them Eph. 3:20; that he/she is one
of God's Elect Titus 1:1, given by the Father to Christ John 6:37 to be His Inheritance Eph. 1:18. Therefore, these shall
Believe the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13 as a result of God having Chosen them to Salvation; Ordaining them to Eternal Life Acts 13:48.

~~~~~
Amen my Sister! [emoji1]

beloved57

Faith is a Saviours Gift !

Faith is a Saviours Gift !

Christ gives those He died for Faith as an evidence that He is their Saviour. In Fact, His death for them entitles and allots them Faith 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

In other words, those He is a Saviour unto will obtain a precious Faith from Him, through/in the Righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

All for whom He died are by that made Righteous Rom 5:19, which Righteousness entitles them to the Gift of Faith, being made Righteous constitutes Christ as ones Saviour, for Christ cant be Our Saviour if He did not make us Righteous/Just, and the Promise of scripture is that the Just/Righteous shall live by Faith Rom 1:17.

The Imputed Righteousness we receive from Christ being made sin for us 2 Cor 5:21, has along with it the allotment of Faith 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Nanja

Christ gives those He died for Faith as an evidence that He is their Saviour. In Fact, His death for them entitles and allots them Faith 2 Pet 1:1

In other words, those He is a Saviour unto will obtain a precious Faith from Him, through/in the Righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

All for whom He died are by that made Righteous Rom 5:19, which Righteousness entitles them to the Gift of Faith, being made Righteous constitutes Christ as ones Saviour, for Christ cant be Our Saviour if He did not make us Righteous/Just, and the Promise of scripture is that the Just/Righteous shall live by Faith Rom 1:17.

The Imputed Righteousness we receive from Christ being made sin for us 2 Cor 5:21, has along with it the allotment of Faith 2 Pet 1:1

So true! When one Christ died for is Given this allotment of Faith in New Birth,
it's a great Spiritual Blessing, a personal confirmation of his/her Election In Union with Christ
before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4: being Predestined to become a Child of God Eph. 1:5!

It's interesting also, that the word "obtained" in 2 Pet. 1:1, is the Gr. word "lagchanō" which means:
A. to receive by divine allotment, obtain.

This proves that Faith is Given by God exclusively to those whom He has Chosen Eph. 1:4.

So all God's Elect were Imputed with their Saviour and Surety's Righteousness just as God had
foreordained them to be Eph. 1:7: Rom. 5:19b; they are His Workmanship and belonged to Him from Eternity:

Eph. 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

These same ones are The Children of Promise Rom. 9:8: The Seed of Abraham, and like him,
they are given Faith because they are made Righteous through the Work of Christ the Saviour on their behalf.
And so, all for whom Christ died Heb. 2:16, they shall receive the Covenant Blessing Ezek. 36:27,
the Adoption of Sons, by God sending His Spirit into their hearts, the Spirit of Adoption:

Gal. 3:13-14
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written,
Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ;
that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gal. 4:4-7
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

So if one never receives the Promise of the Spirit through Faith,
they were never Chosen to be God's Adopted Son as described
in these verses. Hence, Christ was never their Saviour.

~~~~~

beloved57

So true! When one Christ died for is Given this allotment of Faith in New Birth,
it's a great Spiritual Blessing, a personal confirmation of his/her Election In Union with Christ
before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4: being Predestined to become a Child of God Eph. 1:5!

It's interesting also, that the word "obtained" in 2 Pet. 1:1, is the Gr. word "lagchanō" which means:
A. to receive by divine allotment, obtain.

This proves that Faith is Given by God exclusively to those whom He has Chosen Eph. 1:4.

So all God's Elect were Imputed with their Saviour and Surety's Righteousness just as God had
foreordained them to be Eph. 1:7: Rom. 5:19b; they are His Workmanship and belonged to Him from Eternity:

Eph. 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

These same ones are The Children of Promise Rom. 9:8: The Seed of Abraham, and like him,
they are given Faith because they are made Righteous through the Work of Christ the Saviour on their behalf.
And so, all for whom Christ died Heb. 2:16, they shall receive the Covenant Blessing Ezek. 36:27,
the Adoption of Sons, by God sending His Spirit into their hearts, the Spirit of Adoption:

Gal. 3:13-14
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written,
Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ;
that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gal. 4:4-7
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

So if one never receives the Promise of the Spirit through Faith,
they were never Chosen to be God's Adopted Son as described
in these verses. Hence, Christ was never their Saviour.

~~~~~
Amen Sister, you going to make me put my shouting shoes on here at work ! :)

beloved57

Faith is the result of Election !

Faith is the result of Election !

All whom God has chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4, have been chosen to Salvation in time which consists in Two things, #1 Sanctification of the Spirit and #2 belief of the Truth/Faith 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Belief of the Truth here is Faith, its one of the rare times when the word belief is the greek word noun pistis which is translated in the NT Faith (239x).

This Salvation/Sanctification was the end of Christ in dying Eph 5:25-26

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

This is what Christ meant here Jn 17:17-19

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

All whom had been elected, shall come to the belief of the Truth, or Christ's death failed its Eternal Purpose in God !

beloved57

Christ is responsible to bring us to Faith !

Christ is responsible to bring us to Faith !

Jn 10:15-16

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

His Sheep are those He laid down His Life for, and He says of them " I must bring" !

So based upon this necessity, they SHALL hear His Voice, and follow Him Jn 10:27

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Notice again Vs 16, He says He MUST Bring ! That word Must is the greek word dei which means:

I.it is necessary, there is need of, it behooves, is right and proper

A.necessity lying in the nature of the case

B.necessity brought on by circumstances or by the conduct of others toward us.

C.necessity in reference to what is required to attain some end

D.a necessity of law and command, of duty, equity

E.necessity established by the counsel and decree of God, especially by that purpose of his which relates to the salvation of men by the intervention of Christ and which is disclosed in the Old Testament prophecies

It is Christ's duty, requirement unto His Father to Bring all the Sheep He died for unto Faith, which is what Bring means.

The word bring ago means:

I.to lead, take with one

A.to lead by laying hold of, and this way to bring to the point of destination: of an animal

Its what He does from Jn 10:3

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

They hear His voice and He leads them out, which word lead is two greek words exagō the words ek which means:

I.out of, from, by, away from

And the word ago which again means:

I.to lead, take with one

A.to lead by laying hold of, and this way to bring to the point of destination: of an animal

So Christ is primarily responsible for leading those He died for into Faith, into hearing His Voice and following Him !

If one He died for does not come to believe on Him and follow Him, its His fault, He did not handle His responsibility with God !

So those of you who say Christ died for some who never come to Faith in Him and following Him, You teach that Christ failed His responsibility which is ridiculous and blasphemous !

Nanja

Jn 10:15-16

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

His Sheep are those He laid down His Life for, and He says of them " I must bring" !

So based upon this necessity, they SHALL hear His Voice, and follow Him Jn 10:27

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Notice again Vs 16, He says He MUST Bring ! That word Must is the greek word dei which means:

I.it is necessary, there is need of, it behooves, is right and proper

A.necessity lying in the nature of the case

B.necessity brought on by circumstances or by the conduct of others toward us.

C.necessity in reference to what is required to attain some end

D.a necessity of law and command, of duty, equity

E.necessity established by the counsel and decree of God, especially by that purpose of his which relates to the salvation of men by the intervention of Christ and which is disclosed in the Old Testament prophecies

It is Christ's duty, requirement unto His Father to Bring all the Sheep He died for unto Faith, which is what Bring means.

The word bring ago means:

I.to lead, take with one

Its what He does from Jn 10:3

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

They hear His voice and He leads them out, which word lead is two greek words exagō the words ek which means:

I.out of, from, by, away from

And the word ago which again means:

I.to lead, take with one

So Christ is primarily responsible for leading those He died for into Faith, into hearing His Voice and following Him !

If one He died for does not come to believe on Him and follow Him, its His fault, He did not handle His responsibility with God !

So those of you who say Christ died for some who never come to Faith in Him and following Him, You teach that Christ failed His responsibility which is ridiculous and blasphemous !

Exactly, they make Christ a failure! :nono:

But, as you have shown, the Truth is that Christ died for only His Sheep.

So there remains a whole lot of goats He did not die for,
which will never be brought to Faith and Belief in Him.
They were condemned already, that's why they believe not:

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned:
but he that believeth not is condemned already,
because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 10:26
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Because they are not His Sheep, their sins have not been propitiated by Christ's death,
and therefore they remain in a permanent state of condemnation; under the Wrath of God forever John 3:36!

Mat. 25:32-34, 41
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another,
as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand,
but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand,
Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire,
prepared for the devil and his angels:

~~~~~

beloved57

Exactly, they make Christ a failure! :nono:

But, as you have shown, the Truth is that Christ died for only His Sheep.

So there remains a whole lot of goats He did not die for,
which will never be brought to Faith and Belief in Him.
They were condemned already, that's why they believe not:

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned:
but he that believeth not is condemned already,
because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 10:26
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Because they are not His Sheep, their sins have not been propitiated by Christ's death,
and therefore they remain in a permanent state of condemnation; under the Wrath of God forever John 3:36!

Mat. 25:32-34, 41
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another,
as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand,
but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand,
Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire,
prepared for the devil and his angels:

~~~~~
Amen! Did you notice how Christ is responsible for His Sheep that He died for , bringing them to hearing and believing ?

Nanja

Amen! Did you notice how Christ is responsible for His Sheep that He died for , bringing them to hearing and believing ?

Yep, surely did!

As a matter fact, I highlighted these, your statements, in my reply:

Appreciate you checking on me, though! ;)

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

yep, surely did!

As a matter fact, I highlighted these, your statements, in my reply:

Yes you sure did, my oversight, Praise Him !

Nanja

Faith or belief of the Truth, the Gospel is a production of the Spirit of God, in behalf of Christ's Finished work 2 Thess 2:13 !
Now Jesus had confirmed the same earlier that the Spirit would lead to Truth John 16:13

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The word guide is the greek word hodēgeō and means:

I.to be a guide, lead on one's way, to guide

II.to be a guide or a teacher

A.to give guidance to

He Leads the Children/Sons of God Rom 8:14

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The Spirit of Truth shall testify of Christ's finish work unto His Sheep, His Church that He died for Jn 15:26

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Now that word testify the greek word martyreō and it means in this instance:

I.to be a witness, to bear witness, i.e. to affirm that one has seen or heard or experienced something, or that he knows it because taught by divine revelation or inspiration

A.to give (not to keep back) testimony

B.to utter honourable testimony, give a good report

C.conjure, implore

Its the Spirits Testification in the souls of the redeemed to give assurance of the sacrifice of Christ was for them.

Its also the same word used by Paul when he writes to the Romans Rom 8:16

The Spirit itself beareth witness/testimony with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

All of this is involved in the Sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth. The Spirit gives assurance 1 Thess 1:5, belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13, leads to the Truth Jn 16:13. All this is also part of their predestinated adoption by Jesus Christ Eph 1:4-5

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

This ensures the Spirit being sent into their heart Gal 4:5-6

And this begins the Sanctification of the Spirit unto belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13 confirming the Words of Christ Jn 16:13 !

The proud in heart denies this, and proclaim the false gospel that men in the flesh of their own freewill believe the Truth, dishonoring the Work of the Spirit through Christ ! Their faith is the fruit of their sinful flesh therefore and not of the Spirit !

Faith to believe the Gospel is the fruit of the Spirit!
Parts 1 #300 and 2 #301:

Excellent Study - ☆☆☆☆ !

~~~~~