ECT Faith + Obedience = Salvation?

glorydaz

Paul is explaining the Lord's teachings.

Jesus speaks about works when he walked the earth.

Paul is expounding on what the Lord says about works.

On the Sabbath day, the law said that no one could work, not to even lift objects. Do you see the correlation from Sabbath day no works to no works for being saved?

Jesus is our Sabbath rest, we are saved by faith, and not of by works.

We are saved by Jesus' blood making us clean and not by our doing the ceremonial works.

A NO WORK rule was in place for the Sabbath day. Faith and NO WORKS save us; however, Jesus says it is UNLAWFUL to do evil on the NO WORK day of the Sabbath, and Jesus said it was LAWFUL to do good on the NO WORK day of the Sabbath, see Luke 6:9.

That PROVES that we STILL HAVE TO OBEY JESUS AND DO RIGHT AND ABSTAIN FROM EVIL.

Madists and faith alone teachers need to take notice.

The same old drivel which doesn't come close to addressing what I said.

glorydaz

So which is it? Make up your mind . . .

Are all sins of all men paid for, or are there exceptions and souls whose sins will never be forgiven?

Can it get a simpler than this? :chew:

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I'll ask again.

Which commandment could your break that would cause you to lose your salvation?

Come on, Nang. You talk a good game, but when you are called on something you fold like a half cooked noodle.

I have given answer to your question more than once, but you do not respond. That is not my fault, but the result of your carnal pride and spiritual lacking.

Lon

I'm obviously not making my point very well. Thanks for your comments.
No, I think you both made comments as you understood. She disagrees with you.

At one time, I fretted that one could lose salvation, but I don't believe any scripture backs that up after reading and memorizing 1 John 2:19.
It changed my understanding forever. I then found 2 Timothy 2:13 true, as I always hoped it would be.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Can it get a simpler than this? :chew:

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

So you believe Christ died for all sins but not the sin of unbelief.

That can only mean salvation is contingent upon the will of man, rather than according to the will of Sovereign God.

No divine grace to be found in that message . .

glorydaz

Galatians was written to members of the Body of Christ.

He was writing to the churches of Galatia. They are no more "all believers" than the Corinthians were. Paul, himself, says he stands in doubt of some.

Gal. 4:19-21 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you, I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you. Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?​

We can say the same thing to the workers on this site.

Danoh

He was writing to the churches of Galatia. They are no more "all believers" than the Corinthians were. Paul, himself, says he stands in doubt of some.

Gal. 4:19-21 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you, I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you. Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?​

We can say the same thing to the workers on this site.

:doh:

glorydaz

So you believe Christ died for all sins but not the sin of unbelief.

That can only mean salvation is contingent upon the will of man, rather than according to the will of Sovereign God.

No divine grace to be found in that message . .

Unbelief is the source of all sin, which is why Jesus made it so clear that it merited God's wrath.

God made the rules, Nang. I didn't.

And, of course, God's great desire is that we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. It's why He came and died for us...so that we would know Him and the power of His resurrection. We come to know Him through the preaching of the Gospel of Grace...which is the Power of God unto Salvation.

Who would want someone who didn't freely come?

jsanford108

Nope. That's simply a bunch of double talk. Logic...the wisdom of men.

1 Corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.​

Christ died for all sin. BUT, we have been told there is one unforgivable sin, correct? That is unbelief, and you'll see the proof right here.

John 16:8-9KJV
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me;

I honestly don't know how much clearer it can be.

Logic is what proves God exists! A dismissing of logic is a dismissing of reason. A dismissing of facts and evidence.

Also, you contradicted yourself. If there is one unforgivable sin, then Christ did not die for all sin. "All" by definition is completely inclusive. Any exception breaks the rule, rendering it false. I can't say "God is all knowing," and follow it with "except about this one thing...." That means He couldn't be "all-knowing." You would agree that Christ/God cannot contradict Himself, right? So saying "He died for all sins and paid the price for all" is contradictory to "there is one sin that is unforgivable." It is also contradictory to Hell's purpose. If Christ cannot contradict Himself, the error must lie in the doctrine and rationale put forth.

Simply dismissing logic because it obliterates your point does not render the logic false. It renders your argument false. And, not trying to sound demeaning, but it shows you grasping to an illogical doctrine, which begs and prefers ignorance rather than knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Logic is what proves God exists! A dismissing of logic is a dismissing of reason. A dismissing of facts and evidence.

Also, you contradicted yourself. If there is one unforgivable sin, then Christ did not die for all sin. "All" by definition is completely inclusive. Any exception breaks the rule, rendering it false. I can't say "God is all knowing," and follow it with "except about this one thing...." That means He couldn't be "all-knowing." You would agree that Christ/God cannot contradict Himself, right? So saying "He died for all sins and paid the price for all" is contradictory to "there is one sin that is unforgivable." It is also contradictory to Hell's purpose. If Christ cannot contradict Himself, the error must lie in the doctrine and rationale put forth.

Simply dismissing logic because it obliterates your point does not render the logic false. It renders your argument false. And, not trying to sound demeaning, but it shows you grasping to an illogical doctrine, which begs and prefers ignorance rather than knowledge.

Eph. 2:8f For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.​

So... James 2:14 is portrayed as the enemy... of Eph. 2:8f

Some say... James is an epistle of straw

Others say... James is only for the diaspora, but thus deny 2 Tim. 3:16.

Some say... Eph. 2:8f Must be reinterpretated...

But what does Paul say?

Gal. 2:16 that a man is not justified by works of the Law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the Law, because by works of the Law no one will be justified.​

Where is the James and Paul reckoning?

James 2:25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?​

Context of the golden calf made out of James 2:14... by the worker bees...

A whore had the courage to harbor God's Agents from harm. Work? This is a manner of loving God's agents of grace and looking out for them. Work?

Rehab was a PROSTITUTE! Wake up worker bees! James 2 is about respecting all of God's servants despite their flesh!

Your precious James 2:14 is likened unto a SEX WORKER by James himself!!!

Obedience of the Law as the Works... backed by James 2:14?!?

De-Bunked with context.

Next...

Danoh

Your point is within your own vacuum.

Thus, why it makes sense to you.

Yours is a point arrived at absent of the whole of Scripture.

When the whole Scripture is actually approached in accord with its' own, built-in principles for its study.

Yours is the "makes sense to me" of most.

Anything will make sense within one context or another.

Doesn't make it sound.

In carnal (human) terms - all mankind - the many - have a kind of a spiritual cancer.

All are sinners.

A cure has been provided.

In fact, it has been paid for - in full.

But God commendeth His love toward us in that while yet were sinners; Christ died for us.

Those who avail themselves of said deliverance will be delivered, or saved.

Those who do not, will perish.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Unto what end?

Service unto righteousness.

No longer in bondage to indwelling death and its' unrighteousness.

Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Said service being possible only on the other side of...

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Cross Reference

To repent means a change of mind....turning from unbelief to belief is the repentance unto salvation. Some people confuse "godly sorrow" with repentance.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.​

How can we tell the difference in a "Christian"? Should 'we' even look for a difference in him? Should it even matter to us?

A "sinner's prayer" can mean anything. I've never put much stock in them. But when one is saved, he is created in Christ...a new creature.

While this is true if nominalism is OK with God. However, it isn't His goal when saving a person and can't be for His reasons summed up in Christ Jesus. This makes a 'completed' salvation conditional which requires a new birth in Him that can only make it happen, a new birth not necessarilly administered at the time of one's 'initial' salvation.

Sin has no more dominion over him.

Only if that one understands what the issues are to have cultivated his love TO God sufficient for overcoming the "law" of his flesh.

Temptations will always come, but the "battle" one faces is an unnecessary one once one successfully reckons himself dead to sin.

Temptations are for testing one's allegiance to God. Jesus demonstrated that to be true. Satan is allowed to tempt us to reveal to us that which he still owns in us God wants overcome. In Jesus, he found nothing to censor, nothing to "rectify", nothing needed for Jesus to repent of.. What does he find in me? . . . in you?

That part can take longer with some than others.

What is needed for the "overcoming"?

It's a matter of asking God to increase our faith.

Faith for what, something magical to happen and one is delivered; released from that specific temptation? You don't mention "overcoming". Why?

One thing you can trust in is that we are being conformed into the image of the Son...He will perform what He started in us.

We are?? Whose is "we" if "we" doesn't understand that it requires seeking to know Him as Jesus knew Him? Certainly there is a price to pay for that relationship, correct? [cf John 17:3].

I often think of Peter "walking on water" when addressing this issue. Peter was fine until he looked down at the waves, and that's when he started to sink.

Peter took his eyes off the object of his affection and placed it upon 'saving' his own flesh, thus temporarilly thwarting God's will for his life. Fortunately, God did not give up on him.

I somehow feel there is another lesson in this for the born again Christian who sins or has a secret sin only He and God know about or perhaps simply an sin unrepented of that which seperates [puts to death] his intimacy with God.

The Spirit within, of course, and the Scripture itself.

And the "Comforter", whom Jesus said He would send, where does He fit in? Do you think a nominal Christian [or even the born again] knows about Him and His purpose for being sent by God after Jesus ascended?

OMT Lest I forget to ask: I assume you say the Lords Prayer from time to time, as most do when the occasion suggests. Have you ever really paid attention to the words Jesus taught His "Disciples" to say? What did you come up with in your understanding?

Thank you

Last edited:

God's Truth

Use scripture? Firstly you wouldn't recognise the scripture and secondly you'd then ask what I was trying to prove.

Belief in the historical Messiah means that you know He existed historicaly, but you don't know Him and He certainly does not know you.

So then you prove what I have been saying and that is that you only know how to accuse, just like your father.