ECT Faith + Obedience = Salvation?

Right Divider

Body part
Your right, I am not the judge but this I do know. Adulterers will not be saved.
Rev. 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

If someone is practicing disobedience on a daily basis, is it possible for them to be saved?
Do you think that there are sinless days in your life?

We SHOULD all be 100% obedience to the LORD 100% of the time.

Eternal life is a free gift and it changes people from the inside out.

God's Truth

Your opinion against CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS scripture.

Scripture WINS!

The covenant was that Gentiles would be included.

Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things.

2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name.

Psalm 117:1 Praise the LORD, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples.

Apostle Paul even quotes Psalm 117:1 to let the Gentiles know that it was said in the Old Testament that they would be brought near to God one day.

Romans 15:11 And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; let all the peoples extol him."

Psalm 66:4 All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing the praises of your name."

John 4:42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, takes away the sin of the world!

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

Right Divider

Body part
The covenant was that Gentiles would be included.

Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things.

2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name.

Psalm 117:1 Praise the LORD, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples.

Apostle Paul even quotes Psalm 117:1 to let the Gentiles know that it was said in the Old Testament that they would be brought near to God one day.

Romans 15:11 And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; let all the peoples extol him."

Psalm 66:4 All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing the praises of your name."

John 4:42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, takes away the sin of the world!

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.
You deny the CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS nature of Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8.

You throw in a bunch of scriptures that are NOT related to the new covenant as if they were.

You are a desperate unbeliever trying to justify yourself.

God's Truth

You deny the CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS nature of Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8.

You throw in a bunch of scriptures that are NOT related to the new covenant as if they were.

You are a desperate unbeliever trying to justify yourself.

hahahaha FAITH JUSTIFIES.

I have faith that Jesus' blood cleans me of the sins that I repent of doing.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Right Divider

Body part
hahahaha FAITH JUSTIFIES.

I have faith that Jesus' blood cleans me of the sins that I repent of doing.
What about the sins that you don't even realize that you've done? Did you "repent" of those too?

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
That's great scripture. If only you'd realize that Christ did ALL the work for you.

Jerry Shugart

Christ does give us eternal life. No one goes to hell except by their own desire.

Is Christ is speaking of a life on earth or the eternal? A life eternal. A simple reading reveals two things: 1- Once we have received eternal life (ie- are in heaven), we shall never be plucked from it. 2- That which Christ says is unchanging and eternally binding.

No, once a person believes then at that time he receives eternal life:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life"
(Jn.5:24).​

In this verse the Greek word translated "believes" and the Greek word translated "has" are both in the "present" tense.

In The Blue Letter Bible we read the following meaning of the present tense:

"The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense."

Therefore, John 5:24 is saying that those who were believing at the time the Lord Jesus spoke those words had already received eternal life. That is what is meant as something being "viewed as occurring in actual time."

And once again, the Lord Jesus said that those to whom He gives eternal life shall never perish. But despite this fact you continue to turn a blind eye to what He says. We also know that "eternal life" is a gift (Ro.6:23) and here is what is said about the gifts of God:

"For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable" (Ro.11:29).​

Once the LORD gives the gift of eternal life to believers that gift will not be taken back.

But according to your ideas the LORD will take back that gift which is freely given to believers and those believers can perish despite the words of the Lord Jesus to the contrary:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand"
(Jn.10:28).​

You did not address my quote of James saying "man is justified by works and not by faith alone." You just provided a verse where James speaks of faith and the eternal. That doesn't answer a question. That avoids a question by throwing up smoke and mirrors, trying to give the illusion that the verse provided proves your point, when in fact, it does not. The question remained unanswered.

I thought that you would understand that the following words of James demonstrate that once a person believes the word of truth then he is born of God and therefore saved:

"He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created" (Jas.1:18).​

When we understand this then we know that the verses which you refer to in the second chapter of the same epistle cannot contradict what James said in the first chapter. What James is speaking about in the second chapter is referring to how one's faith is viewed by other men and not by the LORD:

"Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works"
(Jas.2:18).​

We can tell that James' argument is about what one person can know about another man's faith by what is said here:

"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works?" (v.14).​

This is talking about what a person says about his faith to another person. And if a man tells another man that he has faith then the other man cannot know if that is true unless he sees evidence of good deeds which flow from faith. If no evidence is seen then as far as other men can see that faith can only be described as a dead faith:

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone" (v.17).​

Sir Robert Anderson writes the following:

"Paul's Epistle (Romans) unfolds the mind and purposes of God, revealing His righteousness and wrath. The Epistle of James addresses men upon their own ground. The one deals with justification as between the sinner and God, the other as between man and man. In the one, therefore, the word is, 'To him that worketh not, but believeth'. In the other it is, 'What is the profit if a man say he hath faith, and have not works?' Not 'If a man have faith', but 'If a man say he hath faith' proving that, in the case supposed, the individual is not dealing with God, but arguing the matter with his brethren. God, who searches the heart, does not need to judge by works, which are but the outward manifestation of faith within; but man can judge only by appearances...He (Abraham) was justified by faith when judged by God, for God knows the heart. He was justified by works when judged by his fellow men, for man can only read the life"
[emphasis added] (Anderson, The Gospel and Its Ministry, [Kregel Publications, 1978], pp.160-161).​

The meaning which you place on James' words in the second chapter contradicts what James said in the first chapter and it also contradicts what is said about Abraham by Paul here:

"What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt" (Ro.4:1-4).​

Last edited:

God's Truth

What about the sins that you don't even realize that you've done? Did you "repent" of those too?

You better think about what sin is, and if you forget something, then is that a reason not to repent for anything?
How are you forgiven for sin if you do not even know what sins you are doing?

That's great scripture. If only you'd realize that Christ did ALL the work for you.

Christ sanctifies those who are JUSTIFIED by having faith that they are made clean of the sins they repent of doing.

Right Divider

Body part
You better think about what sin is, and if you forget something, then is that a reason not to repent for anything?
How are you forgiven for sin if you do not even know what sins you are doing?
I'm not the slightest bit surprised that you would ask that question.

BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST!

Christ sanctifies those who are JUSTIFIED by having faith that they are made clean of the sins they repent of doing.
You are the single most SELF-RIGHTEOUS person on TOL.

beloved57

what religionist dont realize is the Faith/Faithfulness and Obedience of Jesus Christ effects the Salvation of the many !

DAN P

Again, what is "everything" in your mental economy, . . . . going to church? What is God looking for from you? Perhaps you haven't given it much thought and need to think about it?

Hi and Eph 2:10 describes it to a "T ".

And sine you claim to be saved and that Paul was the PATTERN in 1 Tim 1:16 , how was Paul saved in Acts 9:6 or explain how you were saved ??

Rom 10:9 and 1 Cor 12:3 and Acts 9:6 and 1 Tim 1:16 is the ANSWER !!

dan p